ppsi

Which new phone?

I know, terrible question but I'm looking to get a new one and it seems uscellular doest care about selling phones anymore???

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing :)

I have to put my vote in for Nexus 5X/6P.

Works on USCC, and if you ever travel abroad, or leave USCC, it works there too.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looks like 5x comes with 150.00 discount with Google fi

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

42 minutes ago, ppsi said:

Looks like 5x comes with 150.00 discount with Google fi

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

You pay for a month of service, and as soon as you activate the phone you cancel. They'll refund you most of it (you'll get charged about $1-2 for service) and owe the balance of the phone up front which is ~$200.

I looked at the fi I plan and I'm not loving it. I'm not getting a great vibe from the idea.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

I looked at the fi I plan and I'm not loving it. I'm not getting a great vibe from the idea.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing

That isn't the point. They are pointing out a loop hole to get a 5x cheap. Basically a 5x for under $205 shipped.

That isn't the point. They are pointing out a loop hole to get a 5x cheap. Basically a 5x for under $205 shipped.

Exactly this. It's month to month. You get prorated service. You pay for one day basically.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes I understood this. My comments were about the Google fi project. I am not interested in a nexus 5 and I don't want to get involved with fi just for the purpose of getting a phone cheap.

I'm not looking forward to deciding on a new phone. I'd like something that I'll be satisfied with for a couple of years and don't see a phone that fits the bill right now.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

So I've had my S4 for about 4 yrs and I'm thinking about upgrading to a S5, S6 or S7 but I plan on rooting it. I'm wondering which is -1 which is the most stable. - 2 which is the easiest to root. - 3 can still use as a free hot spot. All opinions welcome and appreciated. Thanx.  

1. I'd vote S7 since we do have root.

2. They're pretty much all equally easy to root

3. Doesn't matter because with root you can disable the block. However, if your plan includes tethering, its a non-issue.

Better off buying a phone then taking it and getting it activated...

I have been looking at either a Moto x pure or the 4th gen moto g... Unless I switch over to iOS...

Them knob suckers at us cellular want to charge people full price for a phone now??? WTF  Greedy bastards!!!>=(

You've always paid fill price. You just didn't realize it.

Truth^^

Before you paid X% of it (subsidized) and the rest was baked into your monthly bill.

Now it's all separated. Phone + access (talk text) + data = monthly bill

It's the same $ no matter how you roll it. It's just more obvious now.

Here is a question, 

If I buy an unlocked phone, say a 6P or LG G5 from somewhere like Best Buy or Amazon, and I bring it to USC, they should be able to activate it (YMMV), BUT where do the updates come from? I assume I wouldn't get an OTA from USC, because it isn't their build. Does it then come from the manufacturer, or do I have to side load it the hard way?

From Google on the Nexus and LG on the G5.

The G5 I can't say for 100% certain, but Nexus never has carrier dependant updates.

So I've had my S4 for about 4 yrs and I'm thinking about upgrading to a S5, S6 or S7 but I plan on rooting it. I'm wondering which is -1 which is the most stable. - 2 which is the easiest to root. - 3 can still use as a free hot spot. All opinions welcome and appreciated. Thanx.  

If you don't care about camera quality, the S5 is still an awesome phone with CM13 installed (and will be getting cm14). I get 2 days idle battery, or about 4 hours sot. It's the last galaxy phone to be able to use data and phone call at the same time, and is water proofish

I would guess you can get one dirt cheap used, it's an option anyway :)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 9.12.16 with xposed

15 hours ago, Evil John said:

Here is a question, 

If I buy an unlocked phone, say a 6P or LG G5 from somewhere like Best Buy or Amazon, and I bring it to USC, they should be able to activate it (YMMV), BUT where do the updates come from? I assume I wouldn't get an OTA from USC, because it isn't their build. Does it then come from the manufacturer, or do I have to side load it the hard way?

OTA updates have always come directly from the manufacturer.  USCC-branded phones (old-school, when they had their own particular model number like the S3, S4, etc) had to have the updates tested internally, meaning it took longer to get to users.  They also added a bunch of their own bloatware and other "features".  The general trend these days is towards buying from the manufacturer, or from a retailer like Best Buy or Amazon, which puts USCC out as the middleman and makes updates more seamless and timely.

Edited by BoгИX