ppsi

Which new phone?

Just tell them it's a Nexus 6/5X/6P - their system can't tell as it's listed as "Nexus COE" - so, they dont need to know it's a pixel.

Would that go for the Moto G 4th edition as well?

Maybe? Or tell them it's a Pure? As long as the phone can do it, it should work telling them it's a unlocked phone from X - where X is Moto, or Google, or whatever.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Appears the xt1625 has full band capability so I'd just tell them it's a Nexus 6. They officially sold that device in store so it's easy to explain. Even my 5X shows as a Moto Nexus 6 because I got sick of them trying to sort it out.

Appears the xt1625 has full band capability so I'd just tell them it's a Nexus 6. They officially sold that device in store so it's easy to explain. Even my 5X shows as a Moto Nexus 6 because I got sick of them trying to sort it out.

How about the xt1644??? The Moto G4 plus. The 64gb model would be sweet. Especially at the price it is.

How about the xt1644??? The Moto G4 plus. The 64gb model would be sweet. Especially at the price it is.

Bought my wife one on AT&T, am pleasantly surprised by this phone. It's actually super fast, takes great pictures, and she's happy with the battery life. She makes fun of my tiny little S5 now with its crappy camera.

I honestly don't see a reason to pay flagship prices anymore

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 9.12.16 with xposed

10 hours ago, dBuster said:

EDIT:  the xt1644 is compatible.  I was looking at a comparison view, didn't line em up correctly.  

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/pAp5c8/motorola-moto-g4-plus-td-lte-64gb-xt1644/u-s-cellular-united-states

Edited by mweba

3 hours ago, mweba said:

EDIT:  the xt1644 is compatible.  I was looking at a comparison view, didn't line em up correctly.  

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/pAp5c8/motorola-moto-g4-plus-td-lte-64gb-xt1644/u-s-cellular-united-states

Good to see it's compatible.  Now just to see if USC will activate on their network...

Good to see it's compatible.  Now just to see if USC will activate on their network...

Anyone with one wanna give it a try telling them it is a nexus or Moto XPE?

if theyre unwilling to do it (like if you tell the truth) i can have my uscc do it - they wont question me about the IMEI/ESN - they will just add it and if it doesnt work, it doesnt work.

If you want, just offering assistance if the tele-robots put up resistance.  I can bypass the typical redtape.

Anyone know if we can use the OnePlus line, out the Axon 7? Are those CDMA? I hear about them constantly on XDA. They make the Axon sound awesome

The Pixels don't actually have OIS, it's software based.

I really need up pay more attention, i didn't even see these two more pages of discussion since y'all were talking Pixel specs.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Couldn't that then be implemented in the 6p if its just a software option?

51 minutes ago, HikingMoose said:

Anyone know if we can use the OnePlus line, out the Axon 7? Are those CDMA? I hear about them constantly on XDA. They make the Axon sound awesome

The OnePlus and Axon are purely GSM.  Bastards.

40 minutes ago, Coolasice said:

Couldn't that then be implemented in the 6p if its just a software option?

Yup, which is why i keep saying that the 6P is fully capable of 1080p60 and 1080p120, but they wont add that option for some BS reason.

The pixel now has 1080p120 - but not 1080p60 (ill let those idiots explain why) 

but yes, its just a lot harder than youd think and to date nobody has been able to pull it off on the 6P

Went to Best Buy tonight with full intentions to get the G4 Plus. After seeing the Moto X pure was only $49 bucks more, I couldn't do it. MXPE is in my opinion one of the best phones in the to last two years and for $299 brand new, couldn't pass it by. Sorry, I have failed you.

Went to Best Buy tonight with full intentions to get the G4 Plus. After seeing the Moto X pure was only $49 bucks more, I couldn't do it. MXPE is in my opinion one of the best phones in the to last two years and for $299 brand new, couldn't pass it by. Sorry, I have failed you.

Failed who?

11 hours ago, dBuster said:

Failed who?

Who ever wanted to know if the Moto G4 Plus could be activated.  Bit of tongue and cheek.....

I did handle the G4plus though.  Felt good for the price point.

Who ever wanted to know if the Moto G4 Plus could be activated.  Bit of tongue and cheek.....

I did handle the G4plus though.  Felt good for the price point.

Ya after looking at the specs again and seeing the price for a 64gb being under $400 brand new I would be a fool to look at the g4...

Especially with the XPE camera!

How is the battery life so far? Have you taken the marshmallow update with it?

14 minutes ago, dBuster said:

Ya after looking at the specs again and seeing the price for a 64gb being under $400 brand new I would be a fool to look at the g4...

I've owned one since the first week they released.  In my opinion it is one of the most under rated phones on the market.  Broke the screen a while back and moved to a 5X which is slow and has terrible battery life in comparison.  6.0 gets me 3-4 hours SOT easy with battery to spare but I'm not a power user.  Run a fast sd card and implement it to native storage for 90 plus GB.   

I've never played with the xpe (will have to check it out some day), but the camera on the g4 plus is really no slouch, it handily beats my aging galaxy S5.

I've never played with the xpe (will have to check it out some day), but the camera on the g4 plus is really no slouch, it handily beats my aging galaxy S5.

I wouldn't doubt the g4 isn't a slouch at 13 mp camera vs the 21 mp camera on the XPE...

I've owned one since the first week they released.  In my opinion it is one of the most under rated phones on the market.  Broke the screen a while back and moved to a 5X which is slow and has terrible battery life in comparison.  6.0 gets me 3-4 hours SOT easy with battery to spare but I'm not a power user.  Run a fast sd card and implement it to native storage for 90 plus GB.   

Would be interested in knowing more about native storage out of the SD card... Is this in settings or do you need to do some magic to get it?

Does it (XPE) have 1080p60?

Just curious

Doesn't look like it... This is taken from the Motorola page for the specs.

Video Stabilization

1080p HD video (30fps)

4K video (30fps)

Slow Motion video

Video HDR (1080p and 4K)

Still very impressive I think especially if you don't get hung up on the 1080p60, I don't make professional HD movies with my phone...

Going back to the Motorola site and looking at the g4 and g4+ and neither of them do 1080p60. The match the XPE but with fewer mp on the camera.

Does it (XPE) have 1080p60?

Just curious

No.

I think the G4 Plus is 16mp also. Doubt that's a huge difference over the G4 13mp though. Also I have both the XPE and 5x. The 5x is only better in low light situations, anything else and the XPE is debatibly better. When you have kids XPE burst mode is almost a must and then there is Nexus shutter lag....