So I found myself in a fringe service area the other day, and while it showed a 4G connection, my data was awful, often non existent.

No problem...  I've been in poor 4G areas before, and the data solution is just to switch to CDMA Only under network settings.

Unfortunately, it looks like the option to switch to CDMA Only was removed in the Marshmallow update.  Do I was stuck with basically no data all day when a friend on USE that didn't do the update had perfect 3g.

Is there another way to force 3G, or is this yet another reason to put in the column to switch to another carrier?

Can you not go into Mobile networks and tell it to do 3g? I'll attach a screenshot with my Nexus. Maybe the option is a bit different on touchwiz I don't remember.

It must be Samsung and Marshmallow then... My Mobile Networks has Global, 4G/CDMA and 4G/GSM/UMTS.

I DID, however, manage to find an app in the Play Store that lets me access the full network menu and switch to CDMA.  Sad that I have to install an app to give me a function that is part of the OS...

On 6/24/2016 at 8:19 AM, iRub1Out said:

I cant remember but does *#*#4636#*#* work on touchwhiz?

Unfortunately, no dialer codes work.  I think the last time I had a dialer code work on Touchwiz was on my Samsung Moment on Sprint...