Sign in to follow this  
snoprosledneck88

Got my 6P

Well I bought a Nexus 6P today. My son cracked the screen on my nexus 6 and it started to act a little weird sometimes. I was going to wait for the 2016 nexus but the 6p seems like a good device. Downloading rom now, already rooted. Anyone have a favorite rom to recommend? (I know there is a section already just asking out of curiosity)

Stock + root + Xposed is my go to. With Gravity Box and a couple others you can implement every single mod that any custom ROM ever had.

Also I have enjoyed Pure Nexus on other Nexus devices, not sure if it's available for the 6P. I ended up going back to stock after a while though because it just worked better.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BoгИX said:

Stock + root + Xposed is my go to. With Gravity Box and a couple others you can implement every single mod that any custom ROM ever had.

Also I have enjoyed Pure Nexus on other Nexus devices, not sure if it's available for the 6P. I ended up going back to stock after a while though because it just worked better.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I started with the latest dirty unicorns last night. Just decided to try Pure Nexus. (just flashed) I have heard so many good things about it and i never tried it on my nexus 6. Yes it is still available. 

Prior to purchase, did you have any concerns about no external SD card or removable battery?

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing :)

I can honestly say I did.

Had that same feeling with the N6 and the 6P, it's a worry, yes, but  les so now that ive done it.  It's not bad at all, transfers are fast anyway, and i backup all pics/videos when on wifi so no huge need to a card (with 64+GB of internal) 

14 hours ago, ppsi said:

Prior to purchase, did you have any concerns about no external SD card or removable battery?

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

No it doesn't bother me at all. The only thing I have that ever takes up that much space is pics and vids. Google photos has unlimited storage so I just delete what I don't need. Just to give an example, when o bought my Nexus 6 I paid extra for 64gb. Never used more than a 1/4 of that. I bought a 32gb 6P. If I have to many backups I just delete the old ones. No concern what so ever. I would be worried if it was only 16gb. Hope that answers your question. Btw this thing has amazing battery life. Like crazy good haha.

Thanks. Now I read the new nexus is coming out?

I don't know when.

Probably right after I decide I can't wait and I get the one that's out now. :D

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

Thanks. Now I read the new nexus is coming out?

I don't know when.

Probably right after I decide I can't wait and I get the one that's out now.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing

New Nexus will be out middle of fall of so. Probably in our hands mid to late October.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk