Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VIthe3rd

Root research

11 posts in this topic

So I just picked this tablet up an would like to root. But nothing is available for marshmallow from yet. Found a bunch for lollipop and KitKat.

A point in the right direction would be awesome.

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk

If Sprint has a working TWRP recovery you can always try to flash recovery with Odin and if it takes you can Flash SuperSU and then there you go.

If it's not going to work nothing bad will happen anyway, you just reboot and it didn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

So I just picked this tablet up an would like to root. But nothing is available for marshmallow from yet. Found a bunch for lollipop and KitKat.

A point in the right direction would be awesome.

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk

You don't need a particular root method, this is rarely necessary. All you mostly ever really need is to install custom recovery and flash correct SuperSU (an appropriate version for your Android version)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Just a heads up,  There is a root method posted on XDA for the V495 T-Mobil and others.

Not the UK495 with Software Version UK495_20b  USCC LG GPad F8 ver 2

It does work on both versions of the USCC LG GPad F8 to root only.  I don't believe that the bootloader is unlockable on either device USCC offers or if it is then as of right now there isn't a compatible Recovery for the device.  The risk involved in experimenting with the wrong recovery without an available firmware makes it kind of out of reach right now.

The Root Method method mentioned uses Kingroot to root the device, then SuperSuMe to replace King -User with SuperUser.

I know that this works because I've done it on both devices.

I can assure you that messing with the recovery or flashing the UK495_10b firmware will brick , or at least nullify the ver2 device.

There is a working stock firmware available for the UK495_10b

I won't post links here because it's risky!!!! 

(But I will respond to PM's when I see them, I'm not on here all that much.)

Warning:

There is no Stock ROM or .KDZ available for the ver 2!!! there is however one for the first gen machines that works on the first gen units only!!! 

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by dtrud0h

To follow up,

Yes, xposed is install-able and it works on both devices using flashify.  Along with most flashable zips.

I am running Android 6.0 build MRA58K on on mine but i have software version UK49520c Is there any hope for mine as far as root? none of the usual methods have worked for me. I Have model number LG-UK495. any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I am running Android 6.0 build MRA58K on on mine but i have software version UK49520c Is there any hope for mine as far as root? none of the usual methods have worked for me. I Have model number LG-UK495. any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated

Did you try the method described 2 posts above yours?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Did you try the method described 2 posts above yours?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

i want to be absolutely sure I won't brick this tablet, thats all and im a little confused about the software builds i have version C also I tried with kingroot and was unsuccessful.

I would wait until we had a stock image for you, so that IF things went sour you weren't totally out of luck.

Even if you know what you're doing, and are very cautious, things happen and stuff goes haywire for no apparent reason - I'd hate to see that happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would wait until we had a stock image for you, so that IF things went sour you weren't totally out of luck.

Even if you know what you're doing, and are very cautious, things happen and stuff goes haywire for no apparent reason - I'd hate to see that happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have both MM 6.0.1 and LP 5.1.1 source here. I don't have good luck building LG roms from source, every time I try and merge the source code, external, vendor and framework all appear to be merged. But then when its time to build... lunch finds everything to be ok, my paths are correct for java, python and maven, sdk, openjdk, pre-built keychains are in place and I can get almost almost to the end of the build with make, but it ultimately fails. I don't have anyone to ask how to overcome the build errors. I obviously Google myself silly trying to fix them one by one but no dice. I really wish i could get some help from someone with successful builds for LG. I am trying to build for 3 lg devices and have failed every single time. I've built for the other manufacturers without a hitch so im really scratching my head on this one. I appreciate the reply, ill keep searching

also i have a system dump available as well, don't know if that helps.