Sign in to follow this  
nicholas9543

Motorola g4 plus and g4?

The Z Droid and the other Z model will be carrier locked to Verizon solely, as all Droid phones are. In the fall they will release GSM unlocked versions with slightly different names, but these won't work on USCC.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The Z Droid and the other Z model will be carrier locked to Verizon solely, as all Droid phones are. In the fall they will release GSM unlocked versions with slightly different names, but these won't work on USCC.

What a shame... here is the link

http://phandroid.com/2016/06/10/moto-z-unlocked-cdma/

US Cellular has never worked that way. A a CDMA carrier, you have to give them the IMEI of the phone for it to connect to their network. Simply inserting a Sim card has not and will not work to activate any phone onto USCC's network until they change this fundamental process.

Were you referring to the G4 or the Z?

What I've read you can buy it off amazon and insert any Sim for your carrier. Now I'm confused 😕

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That only applies to GSM carriers. It's always been that way, CDMA has never worked that way for the most part.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Verizon is CDMA and you can insert your activated sim card into a Verizon smartphone and it will work. That's the only stimulation though, it must be a Verizon phone with their software. Don't have to change anything, the switch is automated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fault for bringing up the Moto Z.....

the 4th gen moto G will be able to be used on Uscc I am sure... the Z though is a shame. Looks like my next device will be a 4th gen G....

I really hope they push this out quickly. I need a new phone bad. My s5 is about shot. Broken accelerometer, replaced screen and goes black sometimes when I drop it. I believe I'm done with Samsung. My old moto x 1st Gen gets through the whole day at 80%. My s5 doesn't even do that. I'm just trying to limp through.

I really hope they push this out quickly. I need a new phone bad. My s5 is about shot. Broken accelerometer, replaced screen and goes black sometimes when I drop it. I believe I'm done with Samsung. My old moto x 1st Gen gets through the whole day at 80%. My s5 doesn't even do that. I'm just trying to limp through.

My wife's moto x 2013 freezes constantly, skips playing music, and barely makes it through an 8 hour work day at times. My S5 is flawless and can go 48 hours easily. Sorry you had a bad experience :)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 7.10.16 official with xposed

Not to mention I didn't take the 5.0 update on both phones. S5 still rockin 4.4.2 with a extended battery. Battery goes quick because the process in the background runs for the accelerometer. I also have bluetooth issues of skipping. I've never had so many hardware issues for a phone but I did get two years out of it. I hate touchwiz and the fact if you root you pretty much have to reflash the rom to update. Motorola wasn't that way.

Kinda hard to knock Sammy for those issues.....

My fault for bringing up the Moto Z.....

the 4th gen moto G will be able to be used on Uscc I am sure... the Z though is a shame. Looks like my next device will be a 4th gen G....

The Moto X Pure Edition is another excellent alternative. And I saw the 64GB variant on sale the other day for $280 on Motorola's website. Way more bang for your buck than the G4, and if you happen to switch carriers you could take it with you too.

How? Because it's all hardware failure.

From being dropped......

I've been done with Samsung ever since I still had my S3 when Android 4.3 dropped and Knox was born. TouchWiz, iPhone-esque incremental hardware updates, Knox, and now locked bootloaders. I thought I'd be a Moto guy after having all three X phones, and now the Z is both too expensive probably and not available outside Verizon and GSM carriers.

Looks like the next Nexus it is. Unless the 6P drops considerably in price at around the new launch this fall.

The new Moto G4 and G4 Plus look good for definitively low-end mid grade phones and are a great deal as far as bang for your buck, but in all things I buy I prefer the upper-mid range. Not quite the cutting-edge latest and greatest, but definitely not last year's specs. That's where the real value is.

28 minutes ago, dBuster said:

How does the 4th gen moto G stand up to the Moto x pure of last year?

Spec wise... i don't think the G specs are that bad...

They're definitely not bad.  They're just not as good as the Moto X Pure Edition, which came out a year ago.  The XPE has a better screen, a better processor (Snapdragon 808 vs Snapdragon 617), more RAM (except for the 4GB G4 Plus variant), a much better camera for pictures, HD videos, and shutter lag, and the one thing that I thought I'd never care about as much as I have come to:  DUAL FRONT-FACING STEREO SPEAKERS!  

Here's the whole breakdown between the G4, G4 Plus, and X Pure Edition:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8103&idPhone2=8050&idPhone3=7229

Don't we need CDMA 800 on USCC?  The G4 only has 800 and 1900, and the G4 Plus only has 850 and 1900.  The XPE has all three.  That might be a problem, especially since the 64GB G4 Plus is the closest to being as good as the XPE, yet it costs more when the XPE is on sale. I'm gonna look into that some.

Nope, we're 850 and 1900.  Looks like the G4 Plus is the only version we can use.  The plain ol' G4 doesn't have the 850 band.

But... the G4 Plus is listed as GSM/LTE and the G4 is listed as GSM/CDMA/LTE

Edited by BoгИX