Sign in to follow this  
nicholas9543

Motorola g4 plus and g4?

On 7/10/2016 at 9:22 PM, outcasted2003 said:

Verizon is CDMA and you can insert your activated sim card into a Verizon smartphone and it will work. That's the only stimulation though, it must be a Verizon phone with their software. Don't have to change anything, the switch is automated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 100% true. Any phone that will work will work 100%. I can take my Nexus 6, or my brothers 6p and it works right away just putting the sim in. 

On 7/10/2016 at 11:10 PM, nicholas9543 said:

I really hope they push this out quickly. I need a new phone bad. My s5 is about shot. Broken accelerometer, replaced screen and goes black sometimes when I drop it. I believe I'm done with Samsung. My old moto x 1st Gen gets through the whole day at 80%. My s5 doesn't even do that. I'm just trying to limp through.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

You can't fault Samsung when you yourself dropped your phone. Does it suck? Absolutely. But phones are not meant to be dropped. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, but that's like complaining your car won't work if you get into a crash.... Not really their fault. 

You can't fault Samsung when you yourself dropped your phone. Does it suck? Absolutely. But phones are not meant to be dropped. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, but that's like complaining your car won't work if you get into a crash.... Not really their fault. 

The accelerometer and dropping is two different situations. Phone got extremely hot one day to find out my extended battery got drained due to a process "gstiff_daemon" running. Turns out it was linked to the accelerometer. The hardware should last better than that. I have never had a hardware issue like that with 3 Motorola phones. The screen is my fault for dropping, ribbon cable came loose, went to remove and broke the lcd. A replacement later it intermittently works for now. I just need a new phone. Plain and simple. My question is will the g4 plus be accepted for activation on usc?

The accelerometer and dropping is two different situations. Phone got extremely hot one day to find out my extended battery got drained due to a process "gstiff_daemon" running. Turns out it was linked to the accelerometer. The hardware should last better than that. I have never had a hardware issue like that with 3 Motorola phones. The screen is my fault for dropping, ribbon cable came loose, went to remove and broke the lcd. A replacement later it intermittently works for now. I just need a new phone. Plain and simple. My question is will the g4 plus be accepted for activation on usc?

There are lots of things we don't know about your situation that could have caused that. However that's obviously not what were discussing here.

We don't know. Your best bet is to call uscc directly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There are lots of things we don't know about your situation that could have caused that. However that's obviously not what were discussing here.

We don't know. Your best bet is to call uscc directly.

That's why I posted here hoping a usc tech would inform us if the device would work. That's the whole purpose of a forum right?

That's why I posted here hoping a usc tech would inform us if the device would work. That's the whole purpose of a forum right?

This isn't an official US Cellular forum. We're all enthusiasts just like you are.

This isn't an official US Cellular forum. We're all enthusiasts just like you are.

I knew that. I have seen actual sales reps on here before. Anyway back to the discussion.

Thats right, they have been on here before, but a tech, ive never seen a tech or heard of a tech being in here.  If they read these, they would do so without making an account and probably never reply since it's against uscc's employment agreement to be involved here (well... officially, all you have to do is NOT admit it or drop your name...)

but yeah, anyway, I think we would have to wait for it to come out to know for sure.  There's usually never a leak or anything until it is official.

16 hours ago, BoгИX said:
They're definitely not bad.  They're just not as good as the Moto X Pure Edition, which came out a year ago.  The XPE has a better screen, a better processor (Snapdragon 808 vs Snapdragon 617), more RAM (except for the 4GB G4 Plus variant), a much better camera for pictures, HD videos, and shutter lag, and the one thing that I thought I'd never care about as much as I have come to:  DUAL FRONT-FACING STEREO SPEAKERS!  

Here's the whole breakdown between the G4, G4 Plus, and X Pure Edition:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8103&idPhone2=8050&idPhone3=7229

Don't we need CDMA 800 on USCC?  The G4 only has 800 and 1900, and the G4 Plus only has 850 and 1900.  The XPE has all three.  That might be a problem, especially since the 64GB G4 Plus is the closest to being as good as the XPE, yet it costs more when the XPE is on sale. I'm gonna look into that some.

How do I get the Motorola x XPE pulled up on that website? I am not having luck and that link only shows the g4 for me.

Nevermind...  I got it to pull up just had to go to a computer to do so...

Edited by dBuster

Anyone take this plunge yet? I see from the Motorola site you can't order a USCellular sim for the g4 but you can fire the XPE...

Was curious if anyone has any luck activating one yet?

Or is it time to look into Verizon?

In my experience, looking into Verizon hasn't ever been an option.  I get much better value for service in and around my home with USCC.  But if you want to switch to Verizon so that you can use a low-end budget phone, that's your decision to make I reckon.  The XPE is still a solid device and is far superior to any of the G series, even this year's lineup.

Edited by BoгИX

In my experience, looking into Verizon hasn't ever been an option.  I get much better value for service in and around my home with USCC.  But if you want to switch to Verizon so that you can use a low-end budget phone, that's your decision to make I reckon.  The XPE is still a solid device and is far superior to any of the G series, even this year's lineup.

Was this in response to my comment?

It isn't that I want to switch to Verizon to use what you are saying is a low end budget phone, to me the g4 specs are not that low end but to each their own.

I am asking if anyone has gotten a G4 and activated it on USCC. At least that is how it was asked but then again maybe my English is different from yours.

I guess coming back and trying to be active here in this forum group was yet another mistake of mine since my English is different than everyone else's here.

5 minutes ago, dBuster said:

It isn't that I want to switch to Verizon to use what you are saying is a low end budget phone, to me the g4 specs are not that low end but to each their own.

I am asking if anyone has gotten a G4 and activated it on USCC. At least that is how it was asked but then again maybe my English is different from yours.

I guess coming back and trying to be active here in this forum group was yet another mistake of mine since my English is different than everyone else's here.

I do not think Born meant that in a negative way. Although it can be read as such. 

Not that my opinion matters, but I am glad you are trying to be active again. 

Edited by Zenzr

I concur with zenz. I don't think that was aimed at you, more of a general statement.

I have used vzw but around me vzw and USCC are equal if you're not in a building, but indoors vzw is closer to T-Mobile, s*** doesn't work.

Anyway, I hope your experience with either carrier is better than mine has been. I hope I can still help ya in the future!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dBuster said:

I was not trying to be negative.  You asked if anyone had tried to activate the G4, would it be possible, or should you look into Verizon.  I said that Verizon has never been an option for me, that for the money the XPE is a clear winner, and that the G4 is a budget phone which it in fact is (example 1)(example 2), (example 3).  

I assumed you were implying that if you couldn't get the G4 on US Cellular that you'd go to Verizon so you could have it, almost reading like a passive-aggressive threat, and I'm still convinced that's how it reads, though maybe that's not what you meant:

18 hours ago, dBuster said:

Anyone take this plunge yet? I see from the Motorola site you can't order a USCellular sim for the g4 but you can fire the XPE...

Was curious if anyone has any luck activating one yet?

Or is it time to look into Verizon?

You asked for an opinion about switching to Verizon, I gave my opinion which is that it's up to you.  I can't tell you whether you'd be better off on Verizon or not from the information you gave.  

I would still recommend the XPE over either G4 model.  They're constantly having sales around the $250 mark for new devices straight from Moto, and there's no arguing that it's a far better device even with last year's flagship specs than either of the G4 phones are this year.

I ain't trying to antagonize you, dB.  I think we may have some kind of communication divide or something.

(view in browser for emphasis)

I just ordered a g4 plus with 4g ram for my wife on att, I'll let you guys know what she thinks. Coming from a 2013 moto x that constantly locks up and drains battery in 6 hrs, I'm hoping this will be a dream phone :)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 7.10.16 official with xposed

I just ordered a g4 plus with 4g ram for my wife on att, I'll let you guys know what she thinks. Coming from a 2013 moto x that constantly locks up and drains battery in 6 hrs, I'm hoping this will be a dream phone

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 7.10.16 official with xposed

You'll be fine. I fired up my OG Moto X the other day to use it as a cast device and ended up waiting on my phone to charge enough to boot because I couldn't do anything on that thing.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk