vernw4

S7 edge root

26 posts in this topic

But you said you tried it - did it work?

It's somewhat difficult to understand your post.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have found a s7 edge root it works!!

But you said you tried it - did it work?

Sounds like it works? ;)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 7.21.16 official with xposed

I can confirm that this method works, PE2 baseband, rooted, xposed running.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mhopewell41 said:

Anybody rocking this root and are there any roms you are using

There are no ROMs for the device yet, but multiple users have rooted.  The root method is a workaround, leaving the bootloader locked.  This means no custom recovery or editing the /system partition, both of which are required for installing a custom ROM.

See posts above and the link to our other thread about root.

There are no ROMs for the device yet, but multiple users have rooted.  The root method is a workaround, leaving the bootloader locked.  This means no custom recovery or editing the /system partition, both of which are required for installing a custom ROM.

Thanks

A reminder to anyone who uses this root method, turn off automatic security policy updates or you will be left with a soft brick about once a week.

I've been out of the root game for a while but wanting to root my s7 edge. So how did someone get exposed framework installed without a recovery? Is there  way to install it through odin?

Follow the link above.

Idk about xposed. That may not happen on the edge - but idk for sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've been out of the root game for a while but wanting to root my s7 edge. So how did someone get exposed framework installed without a recovery? Is there  way to install it through odin?

Following the directions from the XDA thread gets you xposed without a recovery...it's pretty simple.

On 9/19/2016 at 11:26 AM, BoгИX said:

This sounds like what I used on my LG G4 (not the method, but the end result), I had root but locked bootloader and no custom recovery. I was able to install custom roms and xposed though.

My phone updated and was on the AJ1. Last night I lost root and google play services/store were stopping. I reflashed that stock firmware and then went through the root procedure of flashing the eng boot and then using the root "app." The phone would not start. It made it to the US Cellular screen and the blue light remained. THe phone gave that vibration that it usually does BUT it repeated that like 20 times. I had to reflash that and think I am giving up on root (I've flashed the most recent firmware now). I tried that root process twice and finally gave up. If anyone has a magic answer as to what happen I'd like to know. I'm thinking they added a kernel check in a security update ;-)

My phone updated and was on the AJ1. Last night I lost root and google play services/store were stopping. I reflashed that stock firmware and then went through the root procedure of flashing the eng boot and then using the root "app." The phone would not start. It made it to the US Cellular screen and the blue light remained. THe phone gave that vibration that it usually does BUT it repeated that like 20 times. I had to reflash that and think I am giving up on root (I've flashed the most recent firmware now). I tried that root process twice and finally gave up. If anyone has a magic answer as to what happen I'd like to know. I'm thinking they added a kernel check in a security update ;-)

Sounds like the automatic security updates problem.

Reflash AP through Odin to get running again, then re-root if you want, but only if you turn off auto updates

I just finished this process from XDA, but when I open FlashFire it says I do not have root. I did not update the SU binary after opening the SuperSU app per the OP's instructions, but the version is 2.79 instead of the required 2.76. Anyone else run into this issue when rooting?

This is the weirdest thing I've encountered when rooting a device.

I've tried everything short of restoring the stock image and nothing works. I did get some help over at XDA, but I'm no better off. I'm going to restore to the stock tomorrow and try again. Also, 9a913058a7ba0d7bd883a815228bc249.jpgI've attached this screenshot that shows what FlashFire says when opened. Yeah, I need to charge my battery now. G'night all!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I ran the SU root.bat through adb again and I'm rooted! Xposed is installed and everything is up and running beautifully!

For anyone else who may have issues while doing this:

- OEM unlock doesn't matter
- If root doesn't stick after the first try, run the root.bat file through adb again and it should stick. A third, or even more attempts may even be required, it's finicky.
- If BusyBox won't install in the default location, install it in /system/bin/
- Having fingerprint or other secure locks on during this process has caused some issues for others.

Not your usual Sammy rooting, that's for sure. Thank you to those who replied to my request for assistance.