desiredrummer

Question about leaving US Cellular

Question

So I'm having to leave US Cellular due to signal issues at my residence. As it stands I've got to pay $600 between my two lines to get both phones paid off to leave. 

Just wondering if it's possible to use the early upgrade to upgrade to the cheapest phone possible and then just pay it off. Pretty sure I saw they had one for $150 retail. Which that would save me roughly $300. Is this possible?

8 answers to this question

So you would be turning in the old phone to upgrade to the new one?  Is that right?

I wonder if you call USCC and ask, they might work with you, my suggestion is to tell them about your issues with their service, how it doesnt work at your home, and that you would like to return the phones and disconnect.

I bet if you talk to them and explain whats happening they would more than likely work with you more than you'd think.  I feel like it's foolish for you to have to buy another phone, or pay $600 - both are just silly options.

Agreed, let them know why you want to leave, I've read similar stories where they let someone go because of it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 7.21.16 official with xposed

I'm switching to Verizon because I travel a lot and service is horrible outside of my state. Verizon and most carriers now will pay off your phone if you ship it to them to my knowledge up to $650 per line or something like that.

24 minutes ago, dalew101 said:

I'm switching to Verizon because I travel a lot and service is horrible outside of my state. Verizon and most carriers now will pay off your phone if you ship it to them to my knowledge up to $650 per line or something like that.

You technically have to front that cost though. They give you a Debit card like 90 days later. 

10 hours ago, Zenzr said:

You technically have to front that cost though. They give you a Debit card like 90 days later. 

And make sure you read the fine print.  A buddy of mine got the raw end of the "we will pay your ETF" deal from USCC.  They refused to pay his ETF because his final bill from Verizon didn't actually state "Final Bill."

And make sure you read the fine print.  A buddy of mine got the raw end of the "we will pay your ETF" deal from USCC.  They refused to pay his ETF because his final bill from Verizon didn't actually state "Final Bill."

Absolutely. Read and re read. And read again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wow that would seal the deal on them taking a hike from my business. I'd tell everyone, too. That's not cool.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just noticed this on the USCC commercial, they will pay your ETF OR your phone off, not both. They make it seem like it's both by stating both in the ad but the print below says "OR".