slim2none4u

(Discussion) Nougat for the Galaxy S5

115 posts in this topic

I read the LOS root is now available. I'm sure supersu is good too though

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM14 12.18.16

2 hours ago, phalkon30 said:

I read the LOS root is now available. I'm sure supersu is good too though

Yep - I posted a link to it 2 posts before yours... ;)

So it looks like nightlies are going to come weekly.. JK. I just installed update on both the LOS 1/31 and a 1/31 gapps. I tried to do an OTA but it stayed in TWRP so I did a regular dirty flash. All good! Does anyone use a different recovery (and why)?

So it looks like nightlies are going to come weekly.. JK. I just installed update on both the LOS 1/31 and a 1/31 gapps. I tried to do an OTA but it stayed in TWRP so I did a regular dirty flash. All good! Does anyone use a different recovery (and why)?

I use twrp also. CM used to have and may still have a recovery also. Not sure if it's still available though.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I just read a recovery is in the works, it will be a while.

On another note, it looks like the version of gapps I used hosed my clock. I get constant FCs. I found another one for now that works fine. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit installing the latest of everything? Oh well!

edit: so I was able to fix my clock issue. I tried reinstalling gapps 2/1/17 mini and nope. so I deleted the apk from /system for the google clock and then reinstalled gapps again. this time it works, alarms and all. Pretty simple solution, I don't know why it didn't overwrite the broken one? Must be in their install script by date or something? Seems like they should md5 instead? Anyway, all perfect now!

Edited by brianinmaine

I know you guys follow the xda thread pretty close, but there is a fox now for the gapps issue, you need to flash a modified bootloader until the fix is merged.

This does affect our device, regardless of if it's happened to you apparently.

Lazy Sunday, gonna get all updated so I can stop my daily bootloops!

All so strange. I didn't think LOS changed the boot partition to begin with? The info from haggartk imply that /misc was mounted to a bad place, which is from fstab in boot. And why some phones but not others? Oh well, at least it's fixed!

I did do the update just in case: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=150763

Thanks!

Thanks for posting the modem in the other thread, I got that updated this morning too and all is working great!

Just unzipped the latest 1/31 LOS and sure enough, there is a boot.img in there! I sure wish I could find a good explanation somewhere of the exact boot sequence and/or how all these partitions work together. Anyway, sure glad that issue of reboots was fixed, as now there will be more time for other improvements!

I can't believe how much time developers like haggartk must spend on this stuff - for FREE! There spouses/others must go crazy too :) I'm sure glad they do, though!

Just unzipped the latest 1/31 LOS and sure enough, there is a boot.img in there! I sure wish I could find a good explanation somewhere of the exact boot sequence and/or how all these partitions work together. Anyway, sure glad that issue of reboots was fixed, as now there will be more time for other improvements!

I can't believe how much time developers like haggartk must spend on this stuff - for FREE! There spouses/others must go crazy too I'm sure glad they do, though!

Sorry to burst your dev love bubble, but the file called boot.img is the kernel, it's not the bootloader or the boot partition...

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

Aha! That explains a bunch! I thought it was like aboot.img which goes into the boot partition, then there's sbl1.img which is the secondary boot loader, then ... WHO NAMES THIS STUFF??? Oh well :)

And another thing - "dev love bubble" :P!!!

I was going to post to see if you or rocthrower wanted to lol.

I may be able to, but we'll see. I'll post here if I go for it, please do the same :)