Evil John

LG V20

I just received the following from my US Cellular Rep:

Product Overview

The LG V20 device will launch on October 28, with a presale starting on October 21. It will be available on uscellular.com and in stores.

Unique to Know

Sometime the smallest moments become the greatest stories. The LG V20™ gives you the clarity and confidence to tell yours better than ever before. It’s not simply an evolution—it’s the next generation of awesome sound and epic videography in mobile. Now you can capture it all, share endlessly, and find pure enjoyment all along the way.

Details

Key Features

The new 5.7" Quad HD IPS display delivers immersive video playback with brilliant colors and contrast. Combined with a second screen, you don’t waste any time—access contacts, jump between apps, and reply directly to notifications.

With Duel Rear Cameras you can get more of every moment by switching from Standard (72 degree) to Wide Angle (135 degree) in one touch.

Let every detail move you with Hi-Fi Quad DAC. Enjoy premium audio through wired headphones or speakers for a crisper, fuller playback experience.

Get more in and leave nothing out. The 5MP front facing camera now has wide angle giving you a wider background for extra friends and more inclusive scenic shots. Gesture View makes it easy to take, review and retake until you get the selfie just the way you want it. Including face image for hands free image taking.

Comes with Android Nougat 7.0 OS. Enjoy exciting new features like multi-window, direct reply notifications and improved battery life. The IN APPS Googles new search mode lets you find anything from all your apps—contacts, messages, the web and more.

Early Ordering available on web site

Terms for Current Customer renewal: $21.60 for 30 months comes to $648

(Cheaper than the Samsung GS7 which is 22.40 for 30 months comes to $672)

Still want to hold it.

I thought I wanted the original Nexus 6, until I held it and realized it was just too big for my comfort. 

$648 Plus a $100 usc gift card and the B&O earphones seems like a decent deal. Never thought I would stray from Nexus devices, but the Pixel xl 128GB is  $869 :( 

Edited by NamedPeril

They had one at the AT&T store.

Feels nice, not as unwieldy as the 6P.

Got my local agent store setting one aside for me when they get them.

Y'all check out the reports of the V20's camera glad being exceptionally fragile. I haven't had one in hand to inspect, but I've read that it's been breaking way too easily for people already.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Not sure how true it was but I saw a photo of this glass breaking where the led flashlight was being used and it got warm enough to crack the glass

Sent from my SM-N920R4

What is up with the hardware these companies are putting out? First Samsung now LG...

Next we will see Apple devices breaking.. oh wait they jail break them all the time. Hehehe

Just remember every device is built by the lowest bidder.

This isn't Jurassic Park, there were spared expenses

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What is up with the hardware these companies are putting out? First Samsung now LG...

Next we will see Apple devices breaking.. oh wait they jail break them all the time. Hehehe

Touch issues, battery issues, bend issues, never owning up to an issue issues.

The 6P was easier to bend than the iPhone 6S+ that everyone made fun of - it tool 2/3 the pressure to bed the 6P than it did the 6S+.

But yeah, people think theyre getting tougher, stronger, better - theyre getting fancier, weaker, and pricier.

As the screen gets bigger/better - the body gets bigger - but the body also gets thinner most of the time, eventually, unless made of exotic metals (think titanium or carbide) the aluminum is still very thin, and bends with minimal effort.  

Interesting times these are, im glad im here to see it. 

The 6P was easier to bend than the iPhone 6S+ that everyone made fun of - it tool 2/3 the pressure to bed the 6P than it did the 6S+.

But yeah, people think theyre getting tougher, stronger, better - theyre getting fancier, weaker, and pricier.

As the screen gets bigger/better - the body gets bigger - but the body also gets thinner most of the time, eventually, unless made of exotic metals (think titanium or carbide) the aluminum is still very thin, and bends with minimal effort.  

What I can't fold my phablet to get it to fit in my pocket? What do you expect to do? Get a bag to carry it around?

Yup. Now if only Google realized that making a phone nearly 2" taller than it needs to be, also makes it more prone to bending and flexing, we'd be all set! But...we know how mooch Google loves their 1" bezels.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What I can't fold my phablet to get it to fit in my pocket? What do you expect to do? Get a bag to carry it around?

Fanny pack

Fanny pack

That is a good one but I was referring back to the days of bag phones, the first cellular phones. I know I just aged myself...

Pretty soon we will be back to that point or at least to fanny pack phones...

That is a good one but I was referring back to the days of bag phones, the first cellular phones. I know I just aged myself...

Pretty soon we will be back to that point or at least to fanny pack phones...

My mom used to have one of those back in the late 80s or early 90s.

I'm sure we'll move to heads up displays attached to our chests, or Ghostbusters sized backpacks

Really though, how hard is it for a company to put out an enthusiast phone. It seems like most people who are into phones want something very similar. If companies can makes "drivers cars" why can we have a "rooters phone". It seems like there's at least a single major drawback with all the flagship ones out right now

Sent from my SM-N920R4

My mom used to have one of those back in the late 80s or early 90s.

I'm sure we'll move to heads up displays attached to our chests, or Ghostbusters sized backpacks

Honestly though, the last phone I rooted and ROM'd was before the Moto X 2014. Since then I haven't had a reason. (Personally)

I personally haven't either since I stopped using my Nexus 6. I haven't rooted my note 5 even though I keep thinking about it. But I still have the 6 and try out new Roms occasionally but it's just a small tablet at this point.

Still, it's like this year's phones all have one single thing that arguably should have been included that wasn't. Or they have QC issues

Sent from my SM-N920R4