Sign in to follow this  
HikingMoose

6P nuances

Just got a 6P this week after my MXP went for a little swim. What on earth are vender files and why are they so large?

Also, does anyone understand this new substratum thing? All I can get it to do is apply a dark material base. How can i get accented colors instead of black and white?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey bud! It's been a while!

Substratum is like Layers, but better. It basically Layers but on some ROMs you can change the theme without a reboot, and it has even deeper theming functionality than Layers alone.

You have to download a Substratum theme, there are many the play store, and then enable some or all of its "pieces" (for lack of a better term) within the Substratum app.

Some themes are customizable with accent colors, others are not. For instance, my Domination theme from one of the TBO guys lets me choose an accent color for Settings, but not for anything else.

575966565073610d2d25f5514ee71630.jpg

81e68517333f5cceb153391970b74854.jpg

The first image is what it looks like when I open the theme in Substratum. The second image is when I click the "Default Accent" dropdown menu for Android System.

Make sure you check the box yo the left for all the apps and resources you want themed. Also, if you've already applied themes using Substratum, it's a good idea to uninstall them before reapplying new changes. This depends on the thoroughness of your ROM and on the theme creator's code and isn't always necessary, but sometimes getting a fresh start can fix issues.

And as for the vendor image, I have no idea what it's for but it's a pain for flashing ROMs on my N9.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's the first time I've heard of or had to flash vendor anythings. Lol.

I wonder if I can still use layers instead of the substratum until they add more functionality? I bought Magpie layers and it was very nice. But their substratum (Magpie substratum) doesn't offer anything really.

Ok. Stupid question. I tried googling it, but couldn't find anything. Where are system apps? I can't find them, or root explorer just can't handle it.

I did read a post by someone would said only FX explorer could find it. So maybe it's just root explorer.

Weird. Those are not visible for me on PureNexus. Hmmmm. I'll reinstall root explorer, ore at least wipe app data and see if it can then find it.