BoгИX

Note 7 Recall

Hey y'all. 

In case you've been living under a rock, there is a chance that your Note 7 could explode and set stuff on fire.

Samsung has launched a tool that allows you to type in your IMEI and determine whether your Note 7 is dangerous.

Please check out your Note 7.  It could save your life.  Chances are your phone is fine, but what if it isn't?

http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/

Alternatively, you can download the Samsung+ app and it can tell you if your device is faulty:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.oh&hl=en

Edited by BoгИX

I don't think any store has replacement phones. They probably just gave you a different Note 7, not a "known fixed" note 7.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, you said it was a purple sticker. Which is/was it? I know you shared this pic, but it's kinda hard to believe a story that changes such a big detail.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

What story?! Go to your USC retail store and exchange the phone. Every store has the phones or should, Samsung knew about the recall 3 weeks ago.

I said purple because I didn't care to look carefully before, it's clearly red.

Here's the story. I called my store around the 10th and asked when replacement units would be available. The guy said that he heard a rumor that they would be getting the phones in 5 days. He really said that 5 days ago he heard they would be there in 10 days, which is basically the same thing, but if you want details... I waited till Friday and called again around noon. Sure enough, that morning, they got the replacements phones from Corporate. The girl on the phone said "let me go and check how many we have." She came back and said "it's first come, first serve." I didn't even ask about how many they had, which is what she wanted to check. I didn't care. I rushed home and backed up the phone with desktop Smart Switch. Then went to the store. I got the impression I was one of the first if not the first person to get a new Note 7. 3-4 guys and the manager kept talking among themselves, consulting, like this was new to them.

They said that would have to charge me $892 for the phone and the old one would be refunded. I still don't have the refund for the old phone, but it should be a few business days.

Now, this is my story and I'm sticking to it. I swear to God, it is the truth, the only truth, and nothing but the truth.

And today ATT just dumped selling the N7. And Samsung just released a statement to plain turn them off. Both originals and replacements. I think the N7 is a flop and is gonna get brushed under the carpet and hopefully forgotten as worse phone ever.

Just in case people haven't seen the actual press releases here's a few links. 

Wall Street Journal

Samsung themselves

Remember that even if your device isn't one that has issues you will almost certainly lose support of any kind for it if it is taken off the market. Exchange it while you can. 

Edited by Zenzr

They're not officially recalling the devices, they're just ceasing sales.  They are strongly urging users to get a refund or trade in their N7s, but it's not a "recall" in the normal sense.  It may come to that point eventually but isn't yet.

The Note 7 is officially DEAD and was quoted from Samsung in South Korea. The production has stopped and will not continue and sales globally is stopped. This is not a recall, yet! But Samsung is sending all registered owners letters with instructions on refunding their device.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

I still say anyone and everyone with one should have sent it in from the beginning - at this point, if they havent, it's their fault and samsung doesnt owe them anything if they dont do it or the phones battery blows up.

Theres been enough about it all over the internet and tv that its just ridiculous  for anyone to WANT to keep it. 

I still say anyone and everyone with one should have sent it in from the beginning - at this point, if they havent, it's their fault and samsung doesnt owe them anything if they dont do it or the phones battery blows up.

Theres been enough about it all over the internet and tv that its just ridiculous  for anyone to WANT to keep it. 

I agree. But I'm not in the majority I think.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Two of my co-workers have one. Neither is returning it yet. I told them I don't feel sorry if theirs blows up or goes to doo-doo.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think the carriers if they truly care should ban all the Note 7s IMEI numbers! Blacklist everyone of them! We all know if an idiot keeps a Note7 and it starts fire and either hurts someone or does severe property damage, they will want to sue to make someone else pay for their arrogance and ignorance! That's my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

I still think that if it's not enough to get people to return them, they should OTA update them to brick them.

That would force the owner to return it and prevent it from causing damage until they do.

I can't believe it would have to come to that for people to send them back. I would have sent it back the moment I heard that was happening. Idc how much I like it.

If I hear that 3 2015 F150s randomly had their brakes stop working, for no obvious reason, and no signs of a cause, there's no way I'm going to keep driving it out of spite. I'll take that thing back same day, not worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk