Coolasice

Take the plunge

52 posts in this topic

Just wondering long term reviews and pondering taking the plunge on a used 6p... What kind of battery life is everyone getting? Any major deal breakers besides lack of SD card?

had it since day 1 - great phone.  1 day+ on battery with moderate usage.

Only thing i dislike is no wireless charging - the Nexus 6 had that, not the 6P - which IMO is stupid, but thats my opinion.

Other than that, nope, great phone - just buy it from Google, or from someone who DID buy it from Google, not Huawei directly.

had it since day 1 - great phone.  1 day+ on battery with moderate usage.

Only thing i dislike is no wireless charging - the Nexus 6 had that, not the 6P - which IMO is stupid, but thats my opinion.

Other than that, nope, great phone - just buy it from Google, or from someone who DID buy it from Google, not Huawei directly.

What if they bought from bestbuy?

I suppose that would be OK, I didn't know best buy even sold them?

Edit - I guess they do. Huh... Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Best buy had them on sale a month ago. 64gb version for 450! I almost bought one. Ended up finding one on eBay for the same price

Only had mine for 3 weeks. Good battery life. Good phone. Camera is not as good as my Moto X Pure... Not even close (but the reviews will tell you otherwise). Overall, I like it, it's a good phone. Much bigger than it needs to be for just a 5.7" screen (a lot bigger than the Moto, but same screen size).

Only had mine for 3 weeks. Good battery life. Good phone. Camera is not as good as my Moto X Pure... Not even close (but the reviews will tell you otherwise). Overall, I like it, it's a good phone. Much bigger than it needs to be for just a 5.7" screen (a lot bigger than the Moto, but same screen size).

Just bought one on swappa.... Hopefully its in the condition specified... What case are ya all using? And recommendation for cables?

I have a black and red Verus for weekends and use a fairly beefy poetic revolution during the work week.

Haven't bought many cables, found a 6 pack of cables on eBay for really cheap. Came with a 6', (4) 3.3' and a 16" or something similar to those sizes. They seem to work just fine.

I always argue for Anker for cables. 

You pay a bit more, but you get 18 months warranty and the Customer service of arguably the best Tech company behind you. I buy nothing buy Anker if I can.

Yes I am a shill/fanboy, but it's totally worth it. They've helped me out on so many occasions. Replaced items that were out of warranty for free (even though they didn't have to.) The list goes on. 

X Pure camera is under rated for sure. 6p/5x may have a slight advantage in very low light but that's about it.

Just ordered a spigen armor case, and gonna order a screen protector an cables too

Well... I wonder if phones purchased from Walmart will activate OK?... Guess I'll find out in a few days...

Well... I wonder if phones purchased from Walmart will activate OK?... Guess I'll find out in a few days...

Shouldn't matter where it's purchased from.

The anticipation is killing me! Its sitting at the local ups branch waiting for delivery tomorrow... Argh

Nice! Let us know how you like it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nice! Let us know how you like it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I will, It is BIG tho... I thought they were slightly smaller the the original 6? seems the same size to me... It will take some getting used to.

23 minutes ago, Coolasice said:

I will, It is BIG tho... I thought they were slightly smaller the the original 6? seems the same size to me... It will take some getting used to.

The 6p is 5.7". 6 is 5.9' (technically) though you probably won't really notice the difference. 

Welcome to huge mofo bezel clan! Where our phones are twice as large as they need to be for our screen size.... because, you know, size matters and all. (At least to Google anyway).

Welcome to huge mofo bezel clan! Where our phones are twice as large as they need to be for our screen size.... because, you know, size matters and all. (At least to Google anyway).

It was either a 6p or a 5x... And since I had extra cash laying around I figured $325 was a good price for a 64gb one