Coolasice

Take the plunge

What??? Best I could find was $450! Was yours used?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, used from swappa, came with a case and all stock stuff

Its not activated yet... But has anyone else had trouble with google earth and android n? It doesn't activate my location so it doesn't know where I am....

Haha

Have you tried earth with nougat yet? Doesn't work on my device... Maybe I need my sim inserter,. But it never asks for permission for location services. (It force closes on first start...)

Have you tried earth with nougat yet? Doesn't work on my device... Maybe I need my sim inserter,. But it never asks for permission for location services. (It force closes on first start...)

Have you tried manually allowing permissions? Settings - Apps - select Google Earth - Permissions. Enable location and anything else you'd like and see if that works.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Have you tried manually allowing permissions? Settings - Apps - select Google Earth - Permissions. Enable location and anything else you'd like and see if that works.

They list as already enabled,. When I clear data for Google earth and restart it it just crashes,. Never asks for permissions

They list as already enabled,. When I clear data for Google earth and restart it it just crashes,. Never asks for permissions

Well switched to mm and Google earth doesn't crash anymore... But it still doesn't get a proper location... Just says location is not available... Any ideas?

Well switched to mm and Google earth doesn't crash anymore... But it still doesn't get a proper location... Just says location is not available... Any ideas?

Does the GPS with in other applications?

When was the last time Earth was updated? It may just be too old to work correctly

Does the GPS with in other applications?

When was the last time Earth was updated? It may just be too old to work correctly

Works fine with others... Last updated in June I think.

Been on a Nexus 6 for awhile now, and the Pixel isn't really appealing to me at this time and price point.

I'm tempted to jump on a Nexus 6p but I cant bring myself to make the purchase with the 810 SD.  Are they really as bad as some of the reviews insist?  I use my phone outside everyday during the week and NC summers are no joke and my Nexus 6 gets quite warm during these times even through a case.  So whats the real story on the 810?

One Plus 3 is an option too (I'm on AT&T currently), but I really like having the latest Android as soon as it is released........

Been on a Nexus 6 for awhile now, and the Pixel isn't really appealing to me at this time and price point.

I'm tempted to jump on a Nexus 6p but I cant bring myself to make the purchase with the 810 SD.  Are they really as bad as some of the reviews insist?  I use my phone outside everyday during the week and NC summers are no joke and my Nexus 6 gets quite warm during these times even through a case.  So whats the real story on the 810?

One Plus 3 is an option too (I'm on AT&T currently), but I really like having the latest Android as soon as it is released........

No heat issues here,. I keep it in my pocket all the time. Only time it gets warm is while gaming and charging at the same time.

A week in using it I'm quite pleased at the battery life improvement. Signal is no better then my s4 was. My Google earth is still not acting correctly but does receive a GPS position. All in all I'm happy.

This is the only phone with this chipset that DOESN'T have overheating issues. Don't worry about that at all! Check some reviews if you don't believe me (or for added reassurance).

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

That's why I asked here.  I knew you guys wouldn't steer me wrong.  ;D

I'm watching a few 6p's now....hoping the prices will drop a little once the Pixels start shipping.

I just flashed Nougat on my 6 and its like a new phone again so I can wait just a little longer. 

On the 6P? Yeah, I read a bunch of people saying the 6P works in places no other phone does, and that the reception is awesome. It's not great for me. It works in fewer places, er, well, it struggles more in places than most other phones. So that was the biggest let down for me. That and the fact that everyone mistaken said it runs stock Android silky smooth, unlike other non Nexus devices. It's not really any smoother than anything else.

On the 6P? Yeah, I read a bunch of people saying the 6P works in places no other phone does, and that the reception is awesome. It's not great for me. It works in fewer places, er, well, it struggles more in places than most other phones. So that was the biggest let down for me. That and the fact that everyone mistaken said it runs stock Android silky smooth, unlike other non Nexus devices. It's not really any smoother than anything else.

Mine is quite fluid,. I'm on mm tho, not nougat. The signal is def worse then my s4. Sometimes takes 3 tries to get a call out from home. Limited to 1x most of the time,. Occasionally 3g. My s4 would pick up a weak LTE sometimes. Never had issues with calls.

It's official... My 6p gets horrible signal.... Side by side my 6p had -110db 1x signal while the Misses s4 had -98db 1x... And putting hers in LTE it connects with -110db while mine won't connect LTE at all....
Wonder if they would RMA it for that? (Huawei not Google)

I have a thread about Huawei's absolute SH-T customer service.

It won't happen man. They'll give you the run around if you're outside 30 days and no matter what they tell you you will never get a call back and they will never resolve your issue.

8 minutes ago, iR1O said:

I have a thread about Huawei's absolute SH-T customer service.

It won't happen man. They'll give you the run around if you're outside 30 days and no matter what they tell you you will never get a call back and they will never resolve your issue.

Yea, i've read your posts..  i have also read many other posts regarding the RMA Process.  Seems Huwaei is getting better at the whole deal.  Talking to someone is still annoying tho.  My phone is still in warranty until 9/16/2017...  i might call them sometime and see what they say.  whats the worst that could happen?  I don't get rma and i sell it instead?

Potentially, I mean... I hope you have better luck than me. Truly. They can't be *worse* so, I suppose they can only do better...

I would try. See what they say, and if they say that USCC isn't one of the big 4 so they don't care what performance it gets on it. They only care about the big 4, so bad signal on USCC won't get you an RMA (I said the exact same thing) unless they changed stuff.

You wouldn't have any trouble selling it, I'm sure of that.

Yes, I was thinking a mxpe if I sold it,. But I hear battery is nowhere near as good.

Looking for pros and cons of verizon service vs us cellular:

Verizon Pros

More data

better signal at home

No overage fee

data carryover

no contract

nationwide roaming

verizon cons

poor signal in many areas i work

misses would need a new phone

uscc pros

good signal in most places i work

cheaper

misses doesn't need a new phone

uscc cons

poor roaming data (400 mb limit for whole account)

charge you for data overage

no rollover

poor signal at home

needs a 24mo contract to change to newer plan even if you byod.

any others?

On 1/28/2017 at 8:05 PM, Coolasice said:

Yea, i've read your posts..  i have also read many other posts regarding the RMA Process.  Seems Huwaei is getting better at the whole deal.  Talking to someone is still annoying tho.  My phone is still in warranty until 9/16/2017...  i might call them sometime and see what they say.  whats the worst that could happen?  I don't get rma and i sell it instead?

This is one of the reasons I bought through the google store. Sounds like people have had way better luck with them in regards to RMA.