Hopefully Android 7.0 will breathe a new life into these devices, and considering there's no Note 7 anymore here's to really hoping we can get some custom doo-doo goin on with our 920R4's *crosses fingers*

Agreed! I'm really hoping that 7.0 will be a very solid upgrade. Maybe we'll actually get some of the s-pen features from the note 7 since there's no other device for them to trickle those specific features down into

Sent from my SM-N920R4

Does the root and recovery work with "PL1" (6.01)?

Since it most likely does (from what I have read so far) I'm wondering if I should do it since there will be a 7.0 release

Should, yes - idk for 100% sure.

I would wait for the 7.0 update and see if we get root on that - so yes I would do it.

It's in USCCs hands. I actually checked just a couple hours ago and it was still on 6.0.1 from Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Based on what I have seen with my wife's S6 Edge...I am suspecting that we will get the 7.0 update on the Note 5 next Thursday/Friday...at least so I am hoping...unless one of the mods can check and see if there is some more reliable information but it seems like USCC likes to drop updates about 10AM EDT on Thursdays, so I am hopeful that we will get it next week. 

This really is shameful... The note is supposed to be the "higher end" device of the year over the S6, which already has the nougat update already released several weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Installing when I get home from work. Gotta remove Xposed and custom recovery first though

Was easily able to get TWRP and magisk installed.  Nougat runs really nice and there's some really cool tuning options.  Overall I'm really happy with the update.