ljohn

Can it easily be activated on USC?

Yes.

Tell them it's a 6p

If you tell them it's a pixel they'll probably not let you activated it. But if you tell them it's a Nexus 6p it'll work just fine, we have that confirmed by a couple people in other threads.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I can confirm that telling them it's a Nexus 6p will allow activation in USCC. Got mine activated within minutes!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I mean, most USCC store employees around where I live have never seen a Nexus 5X or 6P, so I could probably convince them that was what it was.  A quick build.prop edit to the device name and model # will make it display whatever I want in About Phone, and as long as you don't give yourself away as a modder they'll have no choice to believe it.

Edited by BoгИX

Just got my Pixel XL today and didn't have another phone to call in to activate it.  I decided to try my luck and took it to a store.  They had no problem activating it after telling them what it was.  Supposedly I was the 3rd one within a week.  Just thought I would let you guys know they will activate it in store if you get the right person I guess.

The Verizon Pixel will brick upon first update if used on another network. Via Best Buy employees.

I seen some notices about not getting updates after the device was initially activated on Verizon then swapped to at&t... No complaints about bricking tho.

Still haven't found any proof to this.  Three Best Buy employees were very insistent that it would not work but they are usually brain washed.  I stopped listening to them and started a chat with Google support to inquire about this issue.  Google stated there is no difference between phones and no variants inside the US.  Guys face about melted down when I showed him the chat.

I have to agree that the phones, hardware and firmware wise, are identical.

There shouldn't be any problem with it, my guess is that it's something about Verizon's Network that doesn't allow it to flip flop, but if you were to flash stock firmware before or after swapping to the other carrier I don't believe there would be any problems.