Sign in to follow this  
dBuster

New XPE - when does it upgrade from 5.1.x?

We have our new xpe's. At what point will it try to upgrade the OS?

Will it upgrade as soon as it is connected to the internet or does it need to be activated first?

If it will update as soon as it hits the internet should I update it first then finish the initial user setup?

I did the setup first, connected to wifi, signed into Google, then it did the rest. When it was done a message to update came up in the status bar.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I did the setup first, connected to wifi, signed into Google, then it did the rest. When it was done a message to update came up in the status bar.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So you connected and let Google install your apps then it went through the update?

I was thinking to try to let it update then let it do the app installs. That way they have clean installs.

Did you have any app issues with how you did it?

They come with 5.1.1 I believe and it updates to marshmallow.

It is rumored that we will see nougat at some point in time.

Just don't want to set up the phone with the apps then take a new Android release and then end up factory resetting and doing the setup all over again..

I was afraid that were still on the 5.1 with no marshmallow available. It's a great deal...Unless it's over.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Just checked they are $279.99 for the 32gb model right now.

Yes they are lollipoop when you buy them but they upgrade to marshmallow. Just not sure if it happens right away or not. Then they are supposed to get nougat sometime....

You could always go ahead and flash MM to the devices before beginning your initial setup.  I've even made some easy one-click auto updater packages for this device.  

Okay everyone.. what is the best way to move sms/mms from one device to another?

Other than that it has been smooth going from my x to my XPE. Whereas the wife's g4 to XPE has not been as graceful!

I use Titanium backup to move them. You back them up as XML in TN and restore it on the new device. Works perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I use Titanium backup to move them. You back them up as XML in TN and restore it on the new device. Works perfectly.

I use a program called "SMS Backup & Restore"

I also use the Carbonite SMS backup and restore. Titanium works well also, I just like having multiple backups.

Is root required to do this? Looking for a non root method

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

For backing them up or restoring... I'm actually not sure. It makes and recovers an XML so... I don't think it would but I am not sure.