ppsi

Device isn't compatible??? Play store

I can't download or install an app from the play store. The app is directv.apk. I have read that the issue is that rooted phones are not legit in the eyes of the play store? Or maybe the directv app? Or maybe, and this would be my quest, the fact that att now owns directv AND att sucks the high hard one?

Anyway I've also read that the play store can be "fooled" into thinking the device is a different, or, new?

I've downloaded and tried other mirror site apps without success.

Any ideas?

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing :)

The play store works for rooted devices all day. That's not it. Has to be the stupid app.

You CAN hide the root access from that app with an exposed module.

But I'm 99.999% sure it's not the play store - but the directtv app. My play store works just fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You could change your build.prop to say it's a Pixel or something.  The Play Store only knows a few limited things about each device:  device model, device name, and screen density/size.  

Do you want the DirecTV app or DirecTV Now?

I've run into this issue with apps that need to keep copy righted material secure in the past. Think it was a HBO one. Root was the issue

Hey@ppsi check your PM

Thanks so much. Solid hook up. It installed and seems to run well. Many thanks!

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing :)

Thanks so much. Solid hook up. It installed and seems to run well. Many thanks!

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing

Hey hey! What kind of back door hook up we got going here? Some shady stuff?
Just playin!
Glad y'all worked it out!
Happy flashing!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have never had Play Store issues, except that it exists at all...anyway, I used to uninstall G-Play, and Google Services and instead used Blackmart Alpha as my app store. I like it because it's small, it allows you to download apps without installing them, and it let's you download pay apps even if you don't give them money. Also, it was very rare that it wouldn't have a particular app I was looking for. It calls itself just "Blackmart" now but I still use it and it is still better than Google Play. There are a number of imitation Blackmarts that will try to get you to give them money for their crappy apps but Blackmart is free. Like completely. I don't even think it has the option of giving them a card number. For those that may be intetested, here's the URL: MOD_REMOVE

I have never had Play Store issues, except that it exists at all...anyway, I used to uninstall G-Play, and Google Services and instead used Blackmart Alpha as my app store. I like it because it's small, it allows you to download apps without installing them, and it let's you download pay apps even if you don't give them money. Also, it was very rare that it wouldn't have a particular app I was looking for. It calls itself just "Blackmart" now but I still use it and it is still better than Google Play. There are a number of imitation Blackmarts that will try to get you to give them money for their crappy apps but Blackmart is free. Like completely. I don't even think it has the option of giving them a card number. For those that may be intetested, here's the URL: MOD_REMOVE

Welcome to Team US Cellular, Atheist Antichrist!

Just FYI:

It's against forum policy to discuss warez, piracy, or anything in the gray area of legality when it comes to hacking. I removed the link in your post regarding this content.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My bad, sorry. Most pay apps do have built-in license verification, so having the app won't do you much good anyway. For the record, most pay apps aren't more than $5.00, so its best just to pay, especially if you like the app in question - that money helps to support future development and that is worthwhile.