Sign in to follow this  
soulweeper

"OK Google" not working on new phone.

Not the end of the world, but the "OK Google" feature is not working on this new phone. I have the Moto app set up to work, and it works fine, but this doesn't. If I tap the microphone, it "listens", and works if I speak a command, but saying OK Google doesn't work. The option to retrain it, is greyed out, as you can see, which seems weird. Also....I found another way to get to the screen where you say "ok google" 3 times, and when I try that, I get a message saying it can't use the microphone. I tried this in safe mode too, and same result. I googled this, and apparently it's happened to other people, but I want to make sure it isn't something wrong with the phone, as oppose to quirk with Google and or the software.

Screenshot_20161201-122702.png

You might try disabling the moto app and see if it's still greyed out. I remember having to do that on my lg g3.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No you have to turn it on... It wouldn't work for me either until I had both areas turned on and it trained.

So you have found the settings and OK Google bit. Now you need to find the Moto app...

Have you trained your launch phrase yet? You have to do that so your phone knows your commands instead of anyone saying your phrase and getting access to your device.

And your phrase can be what ever you want it to be. I use the "OK Google now" phrase while my wife has "OK Amy's phone". Both work great. You could set it up to be"OK Jarvis" or what ever you desire

0316e3fbe80b9a545a6a18e2e5abc6fc.jpg

f8a57b0b8a5934f427f723b5b14a2f9c.jpg