diceman1000

It's been fun...

Well folks, after 13 years with USCC we have made the jump to Verizon. Not because we weren't happy, but because we moved to an area where USCC isn't a provider.

So. I'm rocking a brand spanking new LG V20 and absolutely loving the HD voice calling.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

i miss hd voice...  : (

uscc always a day late and a dollar short

I agree.

It's fantastic. Verizon is awesome here. I wish USCC would roll out even just wifi service. It would help them SO much. I doubt it's that hard to set up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm very much comtemplating the switch to Verizon also...   the USC Signal at my home seems to be slowly diminishing,  I can rarely get any LTE and am dropping calls all the time.  Could be the phone, but that seems to work fine anywhere else, and if i travel 1 mile down the road i can get lte no problem...   I considered a singal booster... but $500 is a hefty sum to TRY to get to work.    Verizon works perfect with 4g at home...  (tower is 2 miles line of sight from home)..   only thing that i'm hesitant on is that verizon does horribly traveling in the rural areas that I work...   Oh the dilema...   if we do switch it's $4-6 increase in our monthly bill....  The misses has been complaining about the dropped calls and stuttering signals....

I'm very much comtemplating the switch to Verizon also...   the USC Signal at my home seems to be slowly diminishing,  I can rarely get any LTE and am dropping calls all the time.  Could be the phone, but that seems to work fine anywhere else, and if i travel 1 mile down the road i can get lte no problem...   I considered a singal booster... but $500 is a hefty sum to TRY to get to work.    Verizon works perfect with 4g at home...  (tower is 2 miles line of sight from home)..   only thing that i'm hesitant on is that verizon does horribly traveling in the rural areas that I work...   Oh the dilema...   if we do switch it's $4-6 increase in our monthly bill....  The misses has been complaining about the dropped calls and stuttering signals....

Does your employer offer a partner discount with Verizon?

For us we would be right about $10 cheaper with Verizon because the partner discount for us would be 22% and I believe USCellular is only 15%..

Does your employer offer a partner discount with Verizon?

For us we would be right about $10 cheaper with Verizon because the partner discount for us would be 22% and I believe USCellular is only 15%..

Yes, currently 15% with uscc,. 20% with Verizon... But right now I'm on the old shared connect plan with $10 line fees... If I switch to Verizon it's $20 line fees... So I end up about $5 more and gain about 4gb...

My wife was considering switching to Verizon last fall. She had no LTE at work and dropped calls all the time. Instead I bought her a Moto X pure and she has no issues dropping calls anymore. It's amazing how good the Moto's are at holding a signal. She has wifi at work, but uses her cell phone all the time for her business taking appointments and using her square to take payments. She is very happy she stayed with USCC.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My wife was considering switching to Verizon last fall. She had no LTE at work and dropped calls all the time. Instead I bought her a Moto X pure and she has no issues dropping calls anymore. It's amazing how good the Moto's are at holding a signal. She has wifi at work, but uses her cell phone all the time for her business taking appointments and using her square to take payments. She is very happy she stayed with USCC.

I considered a pure before getting the Nexus.... I like Verizon's no contract plans and nationwide footprint... But hate that they roam at 1x and not 3g/lte.... I don't mind uscc until I travel outside my state where I'm capped by roaming. But they have more coverage in state then Verizon.... If I want more data I need to sign a 24mo contract again....

I'm really enjoying my pixel on Google Fi. Surprising how many places in Maine I connect to sprint or T-Mobile where I didn't even know they had coverage.

I'm really enjoying my pixel on Google Fi. Surprising how many places in Maine I connect to sprint or T-Mobile where I didn't even know they had coverage.

I have a fi account, but the signal is no better then my uscc at home.... Because it uses uscc.... There is no sprint/TMO native coverage at home

I have a fi account, but the signal is no better then my uscc at home.... Because it uses uscc.... There is no sprint/TMO native coverage at home

Ooo.. Verizon has unlimited again... It would be tempting,. But employee discount doesn't apply to it...

19 hours ago, Coolasice said:

Ooo.. Verizon has unlimited again... It would be tempting,. But employee discount doesn't apply to it...

It's a big price for single lines, but for families of 3+ it's HONESTLY a good deal. You pay a premium, but it's worth it. 

It's a big price for single lines, but for families of 3+ it's HONESTLY a good deal. You pay a premium, but it's worth it. 

It's only $85 for a single line... $150 for two, $170 for three... We have two devices so $150+tax is a big step from the $88+tax we pay now for 8gb with uscell...

14 minutes ago, Coolasice said:

It's only $85 for a single line... $150 for two, $170 for three... We have two devices so $150+tax is a big step from the $88+tax we pay now for 8gb with uscell...

Sorry let me rephrase slightly. Compared to Verizon plans it's not bad. It's definitely more expensive. But they have a superior network no one is questioning that. That's what you pay for. If you don't *need it* there's no harm in it that's totally good too. a single line is $80+tax. Shared lines are $110(-$10 with autopay) +$20 a line. It's really not THAT bad. 

Edited by Zenzr

I truly wish VZWs network penetrated buildings like USCCs seems to do better.  When i was on VZW it seemed like everytime i went into a store or office it would get REALLY weak or drop entirely until i left.

That's really weird, honestly, that you have issues with that. Here it's not AS fast as your guys' network is there, but the voice coverage is on par, if not far better everywhere. 

IKR!  I go to Des Moines and that never happened at any downtown areas, it was only home, work, and like hyvee or targets - and malls - it was bizarre that when it did act up it was REALLY horrible and unusable, but in other buildings it never did anything, worked like a charm. 

Just now, iR1O said:

IKR!  I go to Des Moines and that never happened at any downtown areas, it was only home, work, and like hyvee or targets - and malls - it was bizarre that when it did act up it was REALLY horrible and unusable, but in other buildings it never did anything, worked like a charm. 

Could that be due to the type of tower? Like I bet Des Moines has a bunch of mico towers and what not to try and balance the load. But here there aren't THAT many people. Like our town is only ~10k people so there's never really congestion. 

I truly wish VZWs network penetrated buildings like USCCs seems to do better.  When i was on VZW it seemed like everytime i went into a store or office it would get REALLY weak or drop entirely until i left.

I like my 6p... But if i put it in my pocket the signal drops like a rock... And it gets better reception with Verizon... Weird.

I'm just really annoyed with USC at home... Signal has been degrading quite a bit and we drop calls all the time... Even the lady's s4 is having trouble.

I want to switch to Verizon... It would cost me like $10 more then we pay now with my discount for the same data (8gb). Only thing holding me back is my "contract" with USC for my owned devices (totally stupid) which ends in March... And I would need a new phone for the misses.

19 minutes ago, Coolasice said:

I like my 6p... But if i put it in my pocket the signal drops like a rock... And it gets better reception with Verizon... Weird.

I'm just really annoyed with USC at home... Signal has been degrading quite a bit and we drop calls all the time... Even the lady's s4 is having trouble.

I want to switch to Verizon... It would cost me like $10 more then we pay now with my discount for the same data (8gb). Only thing holding me back is my "contract" with USC for my owned devices (totally stupid) which ends in March... And I would need a new phone for the misses.

IMO, that $10 was worth it. it came out to be about $15 for us. Totally worth it in the end here. 

Ya the stupid contact thing... Have one device holding us back from switching and with partner discount shared 8gb with byod it would be like $105... Whereas with uscc it is like $115+

But soon I say we will be moving over to the dark side, Verizon that is..

50 minutes ago, dBuster said:

Ya the stupid contact thing... Have one device holding us back from switching and with partner discount shared 8gb with byod it would be like $105... Whereas with uscc it is like $115+

But soon I say we will be moving over to the dark side, Verizon that is..

Honestly, it's not that bad anymore. I get all the hate for Verizon. However it's just better sevice. Period. Most people don't *need* it so that's why USCC does well. But if you need nationwide coverage, Verizon is the place to go. 

I really want to switch to T-Mobile, but I've still got one area with no service that I do get service with us cellular at. Once that gets coverage, I'll get an additional line (4 instead of 3) and more data for $15 less a month.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

On 2/15/2017 at 11:56 AM, Coolasice said:

And herin lies my dilema...  new uscc plans are very tempting...  but my problem is my location, I live less then 5 miles from a uscc tower... yet i can't get signal from it and it sends me to another tower almost 9mi away... signal totally sucks where i live (bit of a valley).  The local verizon tower is only 2.4mi away... gets good signal at home and verizon even offers wifi calling... but will cost more...  AHHHH..  i hate decisions.   I could opt for a booster for $500....   but that may not even work and wont help outside my house.  damn decisions decisions...   my contract is up at the end of march...   guess i'll procrastinate until then...  maybe something better will be offered.

towers.png