Sign in to follow this  
Pitbull8265

Note 7 Port Rom

MODERATOR EDIT:  Waiting to hear back from OP about these files.  Flash at your own risk.

OP in spoiler:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4ouj...xport=download 

Here is a rom I found that after some work, has been successful on my device

Save backups of your Modem, and efs, and reflash them after flashing the rom

Sprint variants seem to have issues, but i do not.

Also during install, there are choices for CSC

If your country isnt there choose an english version

after install and boot, go back to recovery, and flash these files in order:s7fix, then Overlay.

go in via file manager, and change your system/csc file for the one i provided next, and make sure the permissions are set as shown in the photo.

Reboot and profit

I have been on this for a week with no issues, and amazing battery life!!!

S7 fix.zip

Overlay.zip

1111111111111.jpg

Csc (1).zip

803712302_148485_2680411113605209112.jpg

Edited by BoгИX

Hey bud, thanks for the share!

Can you tell us where you found this?  Just wondering in case people want to check for updates, or contact the dev for any issues they may find.

I looked through the updater script for this ROM, curious about the CSC issue you were referring to.  

I would recommend contacting the dev and having him add our correct CSC.  It has more to do with just language localization, it goes as deep as enabling/disabling features based on region and can even affect which bands the radio will connect to.  If yours is working flawlessly, then you are lucky, but there's a good chance that it's not running exactly how it should.  Our specific CSC code would be USC (as seen in the full CSC text "N920R4USC3BPJ2", and the fact that the ROM doesn't even have this CSC is strange.  What's stranger is that this installer even asks for a CSC, as these are usually just adopted from the system's firmware.  

The files provided for "fixing" this do not address the CSC mismatch between the system and the firmware, and are only a band-aid for 3 apps to function.  

But hey, if it works correctly it works correctly, and if you're not having any signal issues with data or MMS functionality and are getting the same coverage you were before, then more power to ya!

Not trying to scare anyone away here by getting technical, this is not any more dangerous than any other ROM you may flash.  It won't cause any lasting issues.  It's just really strange to me!

8 hours ago, havetoberooted said:

anybody try this? any issues with the csc file and do you flash the zip or extract it first? thanks guys

Still waiting to hear back from OP on a couple of important details.  

Locking thread until OP responds to my PM.  

OP has disabled private messages.

OP: Please PM me with links to the sources of the files you posted. 

Edited by BoгИX

On 12/6/2016 at 4:21 PM, Pitbull8265 said:

Here is a rom I found that after some work, has been successful on my device

Save backups of your Modem, and efs, and reflash them after flashing the rom

Sprint variants seem to have issues, but i do not.

Also during install, there are choices for CSC

If your country isnt there choose an english version

after install and boot, go back to recovery, and flash these files in order:s7fix, then Overlay.

go in via file manager, and change your system/csc file for the one i provided next, and make sure the permissions are set as shown in the photo.

Reboot and profit

I have been on this for a week with no issues, and amazing battery life!!!

1111111111111.jpg

803712302_148485_2680411113605209112.jpg

PM me please, you seem to have disabled your messages.