Sign in to follow this  
Noobody

Activating Unlocked G4 Play

I see USCC sells the G4 Play, but won't activate a BYD. Apparently they blacklist by the MEID? They said (over the phone) they could do a G4 or G4 Plus, but I don't know if even those have to be bought from the manufacturer or certified sellers. Is it completely impossible, then?

They activate BYD iPhones, Nexus devices, Pixel, and XPE - so they should be able to do it if the phone is capable of working on USCC

Worst case scenario the phone won't activate, was it purchased unlocked from LG? Is it labeled as GSM unlocked or does it have the CDMA bands needed to work on uscc?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, iR1O said:

Worst case scenario the phone won't activate, was it purchased unlocked from LG? Is it labeled as GSM unlocked or does it have the CDMA bands needed to work on uscc?

I think (he's) talking about the Moto G4 Play.  Is it possible since it is sold as a "Pre-Paid Plan" device, they won't activate it as COE on a standard plan?

Edited by JohnB

Or it could be a situation like the Nexus 6P, where they would and *could* activate the phone if you told them it was a N6, but they *wouldn't* activate it as a N6P for a while.  Might be worth a try to tell them it's a Moto G4 and see if they'll do it.

Sorry I didn't post the link to where I bought it. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=email&A=details&Q=&sku=1274293&is=Reg. Should work with USCC. She asked if I bought it from a 3rd party or a certified (something like that) USCC seller. Then said something about my MEID not being approved. Eventually said it was because they don't activate Moto G4 Plays. But I did wonder how people did by saying the Pixel was a Nexus. Didn't know if the same sort of thing could be done with this one. Thanks for the input! I'll give it a try.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk