VIthe3rd

This is the end of the N7.

If you still own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 then you are either deaf and blind or a blithering idiot.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart and cannot express it any more kindly.

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

X2 ^^^

It's been made loud and clear by every news source, forum, and the phone itself even told you to return it.

I said they should have done this for the beginning - just send an OTA to brick the phone. That would solve the issue.

The part I'm hung up on is WHY WOULD ANYONE STILL HAVE ONE!!??

Seriously, I think if you're still rocking one you've elected to chance it, and anything now is on you. It could have not had more coverage yet there's people that somehow didn't get the message.

People...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

X2 ^^^

It's been made loud and clear by every news source, forum, and the phone itself even told you to return it.

I said they should have done this for the beginning - just send an OTA to brick the phone. That would solve the issue.

The part I'm hung up on is WHY WOULD ANYONE STILL HAVE ONE!!??

Seriously, I think if you're still rocking one you've elected to chance it, and anything now is on you. It could have not had more coverage yet there's people that somehow didn't get the message.

People...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It was one of the best looking grenades I've ever seen...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What blows my mind (pun intended) is that most of the remaining phones that have gotten the crippling updates in other countries like Bluetooth, WIFI, and even the radios completely disabled that people still have them. Aside from the person that has to have it in a collection kind of way most normies that still have it are idiots. What Samsung was offering to get it back was way too good of a deal. Granted I would have held out to the final best deal they would have offered.

Samsung has 93% of all the N7's world wide back. So I am guessing that the final number of N7's out and about are still well into the 10's of thousands? That's just a random number off the top of my head. I really don't know.

My co worker has one still. And if blows my mind. We take him daily on how dumb he is for not turning it in.

I doubt they can anymore.  

As much as I'd love to agree this is America, I bet we could see a lawsuit next from one.

Good point.

Never doubt! Lol

Also, I imagine it would be a LONG shot to find a judge who would agree that a consumer is entitled to any damages should it happen.

Now, insurance may be different. Insurance MIGHT be able to make the case of "it was negligence" to not cover damage since it's "reasonably believable" that the consumer knew it could happen.

Kinda like how if you took your car to the shop with a flat, they told you you had a flat, but you refused to have it fixed - drove it home and ruined the tire, wheel, and caused damage to other parts.

In that instance it is a reasonable belief that the consumer knew they had a flat tire and that it could result in far worse damage, but were willfully negligent.

Same thing with the N7, there's no way any court would be able to say that the consumer didn't know beyond a reasonable doubt.

BUT - that is assuming it went to court and that a lawsuit was filed. Which is entirely possible and probable - even now.

Just crazy that people can be stupid willfully and still somehow win.

Here's my 2¢ on why people are keeping it. On eBay they could probably get a ton of money for it. Since it is a powerhouse spec wise and if a person still has it, it's very rare. Not saying I would hang on to it, but I see why someone might.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Makes sense. But at the same time, I don't feel bad if something happens to the phone if you knowingly keep it. It's like driving a car that could explode at any time and you KNOW about it, yet do nothing