Sign in to follow this  
rscotty

Android 7.0 Nougat ??

Good question. I check every other day for updates from Samsung, but as of now nothing has 7.0 that I'm aware of.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It may be a while. I check once a week at Sammobile. They had an article about how a small number of S7 and S7edge testers are getting 7.0. Just remember that when Sammy does the official roll out that then USCC has to approve it and do what they do best. Delay it. At least that what has happened in the past. 

US Cellular is way behind on this. They are usually not this slow on the update. There's gonna be S6's with N before we get it. I haven't rooted a phone in over a year. It's very sad. Although I've heard you can root the US S7's now.

Edited by TheLegend

They are rooting nougat over on XDA, but the system becomes unstable. Things are looking up though!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Considering trying T-Mobile out. Service has been awful lately. Lot of 3G and 1x for no reason. Anyway I called and asked if I paid off the S7 edge could I get unlocked to try elsewhere. It's our extra phone in the house now anyway. She said it was unlocked. Anybody confirm that all I have to do is insert T-Mobile sim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a post on that.

4 hours ago, dave0812 said:

Considering trying T-Mobile out. Service has been awful lately. Lot of 3G and 1x for no reason. Anyway I called and asked if I paid off the S7 edge could I get unlocked to try elsewhere. It's our extra phone in the house now anyway. She said it was unlocked. Anybody confirm that all I have to do is insert T-Mobile sim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wife took the update and is really liking her battery usage. Said it is lasting way longer before needing charged(no definitive proof here. just what she said). She is trying to get use to the ui changes. So i decided to go ahead and update mine as the last week or so it has been lagging more than normal and eating battery. So i downloaded our firmware from updato.com and flashed with odin 3.12.3 and used the home.csc so not to lose any apps and data(had everything backed up with titanium in case of issues). All went well and was running fine so i decided might as well root and see how that goes. Rooted using this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-s7-edge/how-to/heres-how-rooted-nougat-s7-edge-g935t-t3567502  and i used the alternative root.bat listed in the op(post #688) i also did the suggested cache wipe and leave the phone for 5-10min, i waited at least 10 watching a youtube video.  Have been running all day with no noticeable lag and decided to download Antutu and do a test,pulled a 132374. I know that benchmarks dont mean dudu but to me it verified it is running as fast and smooth as it seems. So far i have no complaints and have not found anything not working properly.

Just an update, the update and root on nougat apparently broke the fingerprint sensor. Only had 1 app I use that on so no biggy for me.

Well, I unrooted amd moved onto Nougat. I have to say, this is the best this phone has been since I got it. I'm not going to root yet, although the temptation is killing me. I do miss ad away and a few other things, but for now the trade off in performance is worth it. Google has pretty much made TiBu useless, to me anyway.