Honestly, when I could switch to AOSP or CM based roms, I always ended up back on TW within days. Once you get TW rooted and debloated it runs very well. Nova launcher makes the biggest difference for me.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Also, the version of TW on the S7 Edge is the best yet and it will only get better when nougat comes along. People can knock Sammy all they want, but there are those of us who simply love what they offer. Now if they'd only lighten up on the whole bootloader thing.

Argee with what had been said, IS IT MY DAMN PHONE OR NOT? Most phones have gotten better with their capacity and there has appeared to be a little less bloat ware as time has progressed. For $500/$600 there should be bootloader unlock mechanism.

Yeah, they really take the fun out of the whole "open source" idea. I realize somethings need to be proprietary in order to keep the features that make each manufacturer's devices special, but when they lock down the device they lose the freelance input and expertise.

I'm not surprised really, as I've had the g3, and G4 both with little to no dev support. If I had the time I'd learn, but 2 jobs a wife and kids are a time suck. Good reasons as a time suck, but none the less a time suck.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I got my V20 a week or so ago. came from a Samsung S6. Biggest selling point was the battery and memory. I use to enjoy rooting years ago, but now?? Meh. I run Nova Launcher and that does enough to allow me to configure the UI the way IU want. I was unsure at first of going with such a large phone being its a PITA to carry in a pocket, but the size it definitely growing on me.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:28 AM, iR1O said:
On 3/15/2017 at 9:06 AM, Snyperx said:

I got my V20 a week or so ago. came from a Samsung S6. Biggest selling point was the battery and memory. I use to enjoy rooting years ago, but now?? Meh. I run Nova Launcher and that does enough to allow me to configure the UI the way IU want. I was unsure at first of going with such a large phone being its a PITA to carry in a pocket, but the size it definitely growing on me.

I have had mine for a while.

I found it handy to get one of the pop sockets to help in the handling of the larger phone.

I've had mine since launch. Been smooth. I don't really miss rooting as much. I run Nova also and otherwise the phone just works. And I can disable all the bloatware from LG. Root would be nice, but I don't think this is getting much love for roms as it's LG and on USCC. I wish I had the time for someone to teach me how to make ROMs

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Im coming up on about a year with this trash phone. I have to say at this point im thinking about leaving uscc all together strictly on the fact there is just no development support from the phone manufacturers. There suffocating us :(