tldmat

Prepaid Question

17 posts in this topic

My wife and I have iPhones that are no longer under contract with US Cell and they work just fine for our needs.  We plan on keeping them a while unless they die.  The Prepaid Plan seems to make more sense cost wise now that phones are paid off.   Are there any downside or negatives in going the Prepaid route?

Thanks

Not really, no.  Not that I'm aware of.  

If it makes more sense to you, then by all means do what works best for you!

Does Prepaid get access to roaming agreements? That's about the only thing I could think of. 

National roaming is included with all Simple Connect prepaid plans.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

My wife and I have iPhones that are no longer under contract with US Cell and they work just fine for our needs.  We plan on keeping them a while unless they die.  The Prepaid Plan seems to make more sense cost wise now that phones are paid off.   Are there any downside or negatives in going the Prepaid route?

Thanks

Just a rhetorical question here, but is prepaid a good option on USCC if you're not in a contract and not obligated by installments? Don't they drop the per-line fee to like $10 per phone once you're paid off, meaning that you could get 2GB shared for $30 plus 2x$10 connection fee per month (totaling $50), which is decidedly cheaper than two lines at $35 each with only 500GB per line?

I'm just curious and am a busybody. How will going prepaid save you money?

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

Just a rhetorical question here, but is prepaid a good option on USCC if you're not in a contract and not obligated by installments? Don't they drop the per-line fee to like $10 per phone once you're paid off, meaning that you could get 2GB shared for $30 plus 2x$10 connection fee per month (totaling $50), which is decidedly cheaper than two lines at $35 each with only 500GB per line?

I'm just curious and am a busybody. How will going prepaid save you money?

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

They changed to line fees to $20 per line on the new system, so it would be 2gb for $30+ $20*2 for a total of $70+taxes and fees. Ends up closer to $80. If you do switch to the shared connect plan, you will be tied in with a 2yr contract...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On devices you ALREADY OWN!

Nope. That's why USCC won't get me back... A contract for the service, when I already have phones? No thanks. Nobody else does that.

Sorry - I'm bitter about that stupid policy. /rant.

On devices you ALREADY OWN!

Nope. That's why USCC won't get me back... A contract for the service, when I already have phones? No thanks. Nobody else does that.

Sorry - I'm bitter about that stupid policy. /rant.

Long way from "Never sign a contract again" to "Congrats, finance your own phone and sign for two years". Been with em since United States Cellular was the official name, contract is up in one month....

Long way from "Never sign a contract again" to "Congrats, finance your own phone and sign for two years". Been with em since United States Cellular was the official name, contract is up in one month....

I'm not sad my family left.

I have a prepaid question... How long do you need to keep a prepaid plan before you can port that number out?

Why am I asking... well.. I am wanting to get a local number and then port that to my google voice.  or is there another provider that I can do this with that may be cheaper than USCellular....  google voice doesn't have any local numbers and I am the new commander at my american legion post and I would like to have a local number for contact purposes for legion business....

You dont have to have a prepaid number for more than that first initial activation of it

You dont have to have a prepaid number for more than that first initial activation of it

So I can take one of our old phones in, activate it on a prepaid plan then the next day port it over to Google voice?

That would be so awesome. Wonder of there was a way to check a numbers availability without having to go in... Hmmf

Wonder of there was a way to check a numbers availability without having to go in... Hmmf

Try calling the number lol. If it says it's not in service, then there's a chance it'll be available on USCC!

Got the prepaid with a number I was satisfied with. Problem with prepaid, no features like call forwarding!! So I had prepaid for a whole 2 days then we went in and made it the third line on our account and at the same time they wouldn't do it as we had a shared data plan and supposedly they are obsolete so we had to go on one of these new plans. Not to happy about it but we will see.

15 hours ago, dBuster said:

Got the prepaid with a number I was satisfied with. Problem with prepaid, no features like call forwarding!! So I had prepaid for a whole 2 days then we went in and made it the third line on our account and at the same time they wouldn't do it as we had a shared data plan and supposedly they are obsolete so we had to go on one of these new plans. Not to happy about it but we will see.

85e6290c1a2a40dd91eac568174dd2d4.jpg

23 hours ago, dBuster said:

I switched to prepaid from our previous plan.  Bit of a hassle but it worked out.  On our previous plan I had "no answer call forwarding" to my Google Voice # which I use for voice mail.  When I made the switch to prepaid the call forwarding did not work and when I tried to set it up I got a fast busy signal.  The website states that all plans have call forwarding. I called in, got transferred to a tech who was awesome.  He had to set it up manually on his end and it took him a bit but got it done.  Now works great.

I switched to prepaid from our previous plan.  Bit of a hassle but it worked out.  On our previous plan I had "no answer call forwarding" to my Google Voice # which I use for voice mail.  When I made the switch to prepaid the call forwarding did not work and when I tried to set it up I got a fast busy signal.  The website states that all plans have call forwarding. I called in, got transferred to a tech who was awesome.  He had to set it up manually on his end and it took him a bit but got it done.  Now works great.

They really need to train everyone. When I went in they confirmed that call forwarding is not available with prepaid.

Works out cheaper for us the way I ended up doing it. Have the number forwarded to my Google voice number and then that rings on my normal device. I have the texts forwarded as well. Just now to figure out how to reply to either and have the third line number shown to others... Text and calls.. without having to carry two devices