dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

110 posts in this topic

Was told today that Friday they will be unveiling unlimited. Didnt ask specifics of pricing but she said 6 lines which is what I have would be $210.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If USCC offered unlimited sooner I might have considered staying with them with my family, but now it's too late. 

However, I hope they offer it competitively vs Verizon's plan. Verizon's plan is actually really well prices for multiple devices. $100(with $10 discount a month) and +20 a line. so for 6, it is $220 if there are no DPP and what not. I hope they can offer the discount from employers too. Verizon's discount doesn't apply unless it's military.  

If USCC offered unlimited sooner I might have considered staying with them with my family, but now it's too late. 

However, I hope they offer it competitively vs Verizon's plan. Verizon's plan is actually really well prices for multiple devices. $100(with $10 discount a month) and +20 a line. so for 6, it is $220 if there are no DPP and what not. I hope they can offer the discount from employers too. Verizon's discount doesn't apply unless it's military.  

My employer has a 22% partner discount and it isn't a military discount... Although I do qualify for a military discount my employers partner discount is more.

Just now, dBuster said:

My employer has a 22% partner discount and it isn't a military discount... Although I do qualify for a military discount my employers partner discount is more.

For Verizon's unlimited plan the military discount is the only one that's eligible. Employer discounts aren't as far as I know. 

I think (personally) that it's BS you dont get to combine the employer and military discounts... I mean... You work there and you served, as far as I'm concerned, you earned that extra bit of financial relief.

Just a thought. /add moment 

I think (personally) that it's BS you dont get to combine the employer and military discounts... I mean... You work there and you served, as far as I'm concerned, you earned that extra bit of financial relief.

Just a thought. /add moment 

iR1O for president or at least the head of ALL wireless carriers in regards to discounts!

Lol. I'm serious. That's not right that it's one or the other. You are/did both? How's that not deserving of both benefits?

Idk. Anyway.

I see that USCCs unlimited is 22GB and throttling after that to 2G speeds.

IMO that's a bigger lie/ripoff than VZWs unlimited plan, except VZW won't throttle unless there's heavy congestion, USCC explicitly stated they throttle the instant you're at 22GB.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just flipped my son onto his own personal unlimited data plan with Verizon. Correct, none of the discount plans other than military are allowed at this time.

Basically I'm to lazy to look into this myself but 22gb per line?

2 hours ago, iR1O said:

Lol. I'm serious. That's not right that it's one or the other. You are/did both? How's that not deserving of both benefits?

Idk. Anyway.

I see that USCCs unlimited is 22GB and throttling after that to 2G speeds.

IMO that's a bigger lie/ripoff than VZWs unlimited plan, except VZW won't throttle unless there's heavy congestion, USCC explicitly stated they throttle the instant you're at 22GB.

Wrong. Partially. 

Deprioritization =/= throttling. It isn't, and never will be. Please stop saying it is lol. I know you and I have our personal opinions on the matter, but the fact of the matter is when it comes to throttling it's not the same. It's not. It's similar for when it happens, sure, but it's not the same. 

The throttle is a STRAIGHT up block of speeds until the next billing cycle happens. Deprioritization is only when you're connected to that ONE SPECIFIC congested tower. You won't see a constant speed, per say, but your ping will probably increase significantly. Verizon (and users on Reddit last time I checked) have confirmed that even if you do get "deprioritized" that it's still semi-usable speeds. I believe it was something like 3g speeds. Which I don't know about you, I would still be happy to have 3g Verizon speeds and use as much as I want. 

Sorry for the rant. But this argument that it's a straight up throttle on Verizon realllllllllly annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I hate Verizon just as much as the next guy. But you can not lie that this plan is actually good compared to what else is offered out there. 

However, I do agree that Verizon's plan is a lot better than this measly attempt at a counter plan. USCC's offer is a joke. 

I also 1000000% agree that any military discount should be applied along with an employer discount. We, as a country, treat our veterans as a joke. They placed their lives on the line, and we treat them like dirt as a majority. Both discounts should be applied on the bill as a total. Like 100% of bill - veterans discount (to get the largest discount possible) but also have the employer discount come off that total before the veterans discount is applied. 

Edited by Zenzr

1 minute ago, iR1O said:

thats not what i said, zenz.

My post is in agreement with what you said.

Then I apologize. I misread. 

37 minutes ago, mweba said:

Basically I'm to lazy to look into this myself but 22gb per line?

On a multiple line account, no - it would be 22GB for the lot of lines.  

Which is stupid as hell.

On a multiple line account, no - it would be 22GB for the lot of lines.  

And........... I'm out

CORRECTION

Just got confirmation that it's 22GB PER LINE on the unlimited - NOT shared.

I was going to say. Verizon is per line. Not account. This wouldn't make sense.

CORRECTION

Just got confirmation that it's 22GB PER LINE on the unlimited - NOT shared.

But you have to sign an agreement, correct? I'm so far behind on the plan stuff.

But you have to sign an agreement, correct? I'm so far behind on the plan stuff.

Most likely. Full unlimited data plan details can't be fully confirmed until its release tomorrow.

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

No - no contracts, either from my understanding - I will go back and confirm and report, but the paper he had said that.

No - no contracts, either from my understanding - I will go back and confirm and report, but the paper he had said that.

I hope this bit is correct but seems to good to be true.

OK - talked to my store - NO CONTRACT at all unless you get a new phone.

if you already have a plan and change it - NO new contract - or COE - NO contract.

HOWEVER - the "standard definition" plan = 5-6mbps down (capped) - so your data is slowed down - the "high definition" plan ($20 more per line) is 8-15mbps capped - you dont get full unrestricted speed access on either one. It's always throttled regardless of usage.

37 minutes ago, iR1O said:

OK - talked to my store - NO CONTRACT at all unless you get a new phone.

if you already have a plan and change it - NO new contract - or COE - NO contract.

HOWEVER - the "standard definition" plan = 5-6mbps down (capped) - so your data is slowed down - the "high definition" plan ($20 more per line) is 8-15mbps capped - you dont get full unrestricted speed access on either one. It's always throttled regardless of usage.

Do you mean Mbps or MBps?