dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

Could the iPhones not being throttled be that they are iPhones?

Back when uscc was blocking tethering they couldn't stop iPhones from tethering, only the Android devices.

Maybe this inability to throttle the iPhones is similar? Just thinking out loud

This is actually one big reason I have stuck with the iPhone even though I have been tempted to change. Carriers really can't seem to do anything to it to break or disable features (unless like with wifi calling just don't offer it), can't mess with OS updates, and can't load bloatware. The price you pay obviously is a locked down device.

I have my issues with Apple, and was actually giving the S8 a hard look, but until I see widespread throttling of iPhones I will stick with it. Switching carriers is not an option for me right now but I think I would have to if I want to jump to an Android phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verizon is pretty good here. 

b4ecd5e0d65510aa8bd088be3bd640c6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wish I had those speeds on my Verizon towers...
Is your 6p aggregating bands?47861800df818e701fa8396218fd226c.jpg

Wish I had those speeds on my Verizon towers...
Is your 6p aggregating bands?47861800df818e701fa8396218fd226c.jpg

Sorry had to brag a little lol.

That's not usually normal. More like mid 20's to 30's.

I don't know what that means, to be honest.

I cant bring myself to get an iPhone for 2 major reasons - no root (so no adaway), and I would have to re-purchase all of the apps I've already purchased once on android.

Now... Most of my paid apps are root-related so... not really needed on iOS, but still, some are not root-related and I feel jipped if I bought them twice.

Just throwing it out there, /ADD moment.

I cant bring myself to get an iPhone for 2 major reasons - no root (so no adaway), and I would have to re-purchase all of the apps I've already purchased once on android.

Now... Most of my paid apps are root-related so... not really needed on iOS, but still, some are not root-related and I feel jipped if I bought them twice.

Just throwing it out there, /ADD moment.

Oh I get all that. I was just pointing out that one of the positive side effects of the iPhone being so locked down is that is does tend to make it somewhat immune to carrier tactics like this. Now I don't know if the iPhone will dodge the throttle for long, but something like this is not totally unprecedented.

I mean how long were iPhone users able to tether for free? While Android was not?

I know thats what you were pointing out and i TOTALLY agree - it's bizarre that it works that way, but for iPhone owners its a blessing!

I would be an iPhone user if it werent for those two things (especially that since the carriers cant taint the OS with their filthy fingers, it's just a win for us)

I know thats what you were pointing out and i TOTALLY agree - it's bizarre that it works that way, but for iPhone owners its a blessing!

I would be an iPhone user if it werent for those two things (especially that since the carriers cant taint the OS with their filthy fingers, it's just a win for us)

Whatever the reason why some people are not affected, has nothing to do with iPhone vs android. I have an iPhone 7plus and I was affected.

Whatever the reason why some people are not affected, has nothing to do with iPhone vs android. I have an iPhone 7plus and I was affected.

Agreed we have 4 iPhones and our signal was all over the place

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, what carrier version are you on? Also have you done anything like a *228 update recently? Just trying to think of a reason as to why it would be random like this. Unless it is just in certain markets.

My carrier version is 28.0 and I have the 6S+

Just out of curiosity, what carrier version are you on? Also have you done anything like a *228 update recently? Just trying to think of a reason as to why it would be random like this. Unless it is just in certain markets.

My carrier version is 28.0 and I have the 6S+

c17fdac6366a9b70ae0f6cf6945240f7.jpg

Did USCC remove all the speed test pics in the comments or am I just missing them ha.

My daughter has been on unlimited for about 6 weeks. Just ran a speed test and she's not being throttled on her iPhone yet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

c17fdac6366a9b70ae0f6cf6945240f7.jpg

Then perhaps it depends what market you are in? That's strange, you would think it would be all or none.

Did USCC remove all the speed test pics in the comments or am I just missing them ha.

Probably! They don't want the truth out. I went to my corporate store today and showed the manager my speed test as he said that he would leave too with those speeds.

I also found out that the shared stretch plans are still available and are cheaper honestly.

So after this month I'll change to that and hopefully no more throttling.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Probably! They don't want the truth out. I went to my corporate store today and showed the manager my speed test as he said that he would leave too with those speeds.

I also found out that the shared stretch plans are still available and are cheaper honestly.

465e0d218735224c6e777b44a158a06e.jpg

465e0d218735224c6e777b44a158a06e.jpg

So with my wife's employer discount that we can't use on the unlimited plan, we could get the 40gb plan which is more data then we will come close to using for $5 more then having 4 lines on the unlimited plan. Kinda tempting if we start experiencing throttling on our phones.

Remove the speed test pictures from what comments?

I think he was referring to the USCC Facebook page.

So with my wife's employer discount that we can't use on the unlimited plan, we could get the 40gb plan which is more data then we will come close to using for $5 more then having 4 lines on the unlimited plan. Kinda tempting if we start experiencing throttling on our phones.

I switched back and am completely unthrottled now.

I think he was referring to the USCC Facebook page.

Yes he was.

Funny story. We had 7 lines and recently cancelled 5. I was trying to log on to the site tonight and could not. Went to there Facebook page thinking I might see others having issues. I clicked on what i thought was a chat but ended up being Facebook manager. All I put on there was is your my account down. He answered me,saying yes and asked if there was anything elsec he could do. So I asked if there was any truth to unlimited plans being throttled and that there was a $20 upchargw not to be throttled. He has yet to answer me back

Bunch of customers posted speed test pics on their Facebook page after reps denied that throttling was occurring. Those comments and pics have been removed.

When it comes to unlimited data, there are two choices. One is standard definition which provides 480p video resolution and the other for $20.00 more, is high definition which provides 720p. ^Jeff

This was his reply. Funny we never heard about this.