dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

When it comes to unlimited data, there are two choices. One is standard definition which provides 480p video resolution and the other for $20.00 more, is high definition which provides 720p. ^Jeff

This was his reply. Funny we never heard about this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah and they're both crap plans! I've changed my plans twice this week. From unlimited sd to unlimited HD and because of the throttling I then switched to the shared stretch plans and have no throttling anymore.

And my local store manager said they don't even bother telling people about the hd plan. So you'd have to be somebody who knows about it and ask to be put on it.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

David, the unlimited plans are subject to data optimization. Buffering may occur which can be reduced by closing out of unneeded apps and for any updates, be sure to use WiFi. ^Jeff

The unlimited plan will slow customers to 2G once they reach 22 GB. The data optimization can occur at any point. I apologize for the confusion between the two. ^Jeff.

2 more replies

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spent 2hrs of my evening on the phone with customer reps and tech reps, both of which had absolutely no clue about hd vs sd, they both said it was only video streaming that should be affected, the tech rep finally figured out that sd was " throttled" ( my words) he said that "feature" was only for the "sd" and we agreed it wasn't a feature. He was informed that the hd plan should not be throttled so I called back and asked the rep what plan I was on and she said the unlimited plus( hd ) and told me the speeds I was getting, 1.5-1.9 down ,on all my lines including an iPhone,was the best I could expect. Told her it's time to find a new carrier after 12yrs cause that is dudu!!

Sorry for the rant but am extremely upset especially since they obviously where telling all their reps the wrong definition of the "sd" vs "hd". Talk about misleading, bet their employee turn over is horrindous and management can't figure out why, tippicle corporate business. End Rant.....For today

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

On 4/26/2017 at 3:58 PM, webpatk said:

Whatever the reason why some people are not affected, has nothing to do with iPhone vs android. I have an iPhone 7plus and I was affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OHH, I hadn't heard/seen anything about the iphones also being throttled - good to know it's everyone!

Thanks for correcting me

1.5mbps isnt HD by any definition - Google'd it and this is what YouTube says

500 Kbps – lowest required speed for streaming. 

1.5 Mbps – recommended speed for quality viewing. 

3 Mbps – Standard Definition video.

5-8 Mbps – 720p and 1080p High Definition.

So, yeah, that's YouTube themselves saying that, if youre on the HD plan and getting 1.5, that isnt HD. lol

Plus, those are the MINIMUM to get that quality, so 8mbps 1080p (unless it's x265) will look like CRAP 

OHH, I hadn't heard/seen anything about the iphones also being throttled - good to know it's everyone!

Thanks for correcting me

Still not throttling on any of the iPhones on my acct. Not sure why it seems sporadic. Maybe it is a market by market thing?

fcf2c4830eb73b58b8d14ae415c213e2.jpg

1.5mbps isnt HD by any definition - Google'd it and this is what YouTube says

500 Kbps – lowest required speed for streaming. 

1.5 Mbps – recommended speed for quality viewing. 

3 Mbps – Standard Definition video.

5-8 Mbps – 720p and 1080p High Definition.

So, yeah, that's YouTube themselves saying that, if youre on the HD plan and getting 1.5, that isnt HD. lol

Plus, those are the MINIMUM to get that quality, so 8mbps 1080p (unless it's x265) will look like CRAP 

Haha. You should send this to USCC. Makes sense though. I know ATT is throttling their standard plan at 3mbps, which looks like is where you should be for SD.

So I am starting to wonder if my account is being handled the way we thought this plan was supposed to work. I don't watch a lot of video when I am not on wifi anyway, but when I got this plan, it seemed video was still HD, and on apps like YouTube, I could still manually select HD while on cellular.

Since speed tests have not been showing that my lines are throttled, I decided this morning to focus on video while on Cellular. I noticed that the quality is not bad, but now not as sharp and detailed as when I am on WiFi. I also noticed that the ability to manually switch to HD is now disabled on YouTube. I did confirm in the settings that HD be allowed on cellular.

3d96920838f9fd31e56a2597e0a2522e.jpg

So I wonder if video apps like YouTube and MLB are being throttled to SD while all other streaming is not impacted.

My Instagram, Facebook and everything else is slow. They are straight up pinching the pipe....

Definite throttling.

Nexus 6 on Friday 4/28 on old 8GB Shared Connect would speed test around 10-12 mbps (not great, but whatever).  Saturday swapped some stuff around and put the Nexus 6 on the Unlimited Total Plan and now it speed tests at 1.5 mbps.  My wifes new S8 on the 2GB Total plan speed tests at 17-18 mbps.

From my experience the only plan being throttled is the total unlimited plans and that is both the "sd" and "hd" plans. I know this because I had them both, and speedtest clearly show 1.5mbps on unlimited "sd" and 3.0mbps on unlimited "hd". It didn't matter if I was running a speedtest, browsing the web, or looking at snapchat, instagram, facebook or twitter it was being throttled and was unbearable.

As soon as I switched back to the shared stretch data plans the throttling was gone. I was downloading and uploading at 20-25mbps.   

So in my conclusion of testing the unlimited plans are being throttled right from the start and it doesn't change no matter how many times you call tech support or create a trouble ticket. They are throttling and lying and saying that you're not being throttled and that it's the towers and whatever the rep or tech can come up with to get you off the phone or out of the store. 

From my experience the only plan being throttled is the total unlimited plans and that is both the "sd" and "hd" plans. I know this because I had them both, and speedtest clearly show 1.5mbps on unlimited "sd" and 3.0mbps on unlimited "hd". It didn't matter if I was running a speedtest, browsing the web, or looking at snapchat, instagram, facebook or twitter it was being throttled and was unbearable.

As soon as I switched back to the shared stretch data plans the throttling was gone. I was downloading and uploading at 20-25mbps.   

So in my conclusion of testing the unlimited plans are being throttled right from the start and it doesn't change no matter how many times you call tech support or create a trouble ticket. They are throttling and lying and saying that you're not being throttled and that it's the towers and whatever the rep or tech can come up with to get you off the phone or out of the store. 

So at this point is their anybody else here that is on the total plan and NOT getting throttled? I DO think my video apps are playing SD, but nothing else is slow. I am just trying to figure out what is going on.

a53c1bf04984408f888e4a642b543a19.jpg

Just received a long voicemail from tech on my ticket, explaining why my data is so slow and how I can upgrade to speed things up. They must have just received training Haha..... Or, damage control has started.

My $ is on damage control - once the word got out that they were (somewhat) misleading customers - and the fact that even their own employees didnt know - I'm gonna have to say that they now realize that they played a stupid game.

My $ is on damage control - once the word got out that they were (somewhat) misleading customers - and the fact that even their own employees didnt know - I'm gonna have to say that they now realize that they played a stupid game.

Two things they need to do immediately

1. Update on the website the actual speed you get with the plan. Ditch the SD and HD stuff and be clear what you are actually getting.

2. The plus plan is mentioned nowhere that I can see on the site. They need to at least let people know it is an option. For some reason they don't want people to know about it. My guess they know that at that point adding the plus option makes there plan not even competitive with Verizon's plan, which is a joke so they are only offering it to people that complain.

My opinion is that we're intentionally vague with the details because they knew that would get pounded in the press when they released the plans. 1.5 Mbps speed and a 22gb hard cap is just nuts. But how they thought people would not figure it out is just stupid.

And just an update. Still no throttling on my line or my wife's. Can't check my in-laws lines as we won't be out that way until Memorial Day and they are not data heavy users anyway so they probably would not notice if they were.

Just wondering, is anybody here in the Omaha/SW Iowa market? Just wondering if anybody here is experiencing throttling. I don't know a lot of USCC users here so it's hard for me to tell if it is a by market thing right now or not. I will ride this plan out until they hit me and then figure out what to do.

I switched off the total unlimited plans and back to the stretch data plans. Both the "sd" and "hd" unlimited plans sucked speed wise. Now the stretch plan gave me all my speed back. My sister has her account and her five lines are all on unlimited and they are heavily throttled still and only get 1 -1.5 mbps

down.

Nothing has changed and the company is still misleading. I know plenty longtime customers of USC who have switched to big red and are on their unlimited plans without any throttling even after 22gb have been used.   

And, all the reps comments stating no throttling has taken place have been removed. Also all the speed tests and responses in the consumer comments on Facebook. Full damage control.

Sounds like a cover up!! Maybe they see a investigation coming thier way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lol I am amazed that they are censoring their comments. Anything showing the truth is kicked out.

That is total and inexcusable BS Imo.

If that's how it is and that's the plan you designed and sold to customers why would you be so ashamed of it to hide their honest, unfiltered feedback?

Because they know that potential customers might see that and run away laughing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, iR1O said:

Lol I am amazed that they are censoring their comments. Anything showing the truth is kicked out.

That is total and inexcusable BS Imo.

If that's how it is and that's the plan you designed and sold to customers why would you be so ashamed of it to hide their honest, unfiltered feedback?

Because they know that potential customers might see that and run away laughing.

Exactly! I used to refer people all the time saying that us cellular did me right and usually worked to fix things, but now I tell them to go elsewhere. When you post on facebook and literally 5mins have passed and they delete it, or they have some crazy ex att employee running around trying to counter everything that is posted negative about the unlimited plan, or when they lie straight to your face about throttling. Those are all negatives for me and are grounds for termination as a wireless choice. 

I'll gladly tell people to go elsewhere now, and probably next year I'll leave too.

They're worse than my ex-girlfriend.... Lie...lie...lie

Their fine print doesn't even say anything about a plus unlimited plan. And at that throttling rate it would be near impossible to actually use 22gb of data cause it's so slow. Who has the patience for that mess lol.? 

I did the math out of curiosity.

At 1.5Mbps it would take 32 hours 30 minutes 28 seconds to use 22GB.

Thats if you were pulling 1.5Mbps the entire time continuously.

For additional info, that's the same as T1 or DSL, it's also the data transfer rate of the original Mars Curiosity Rover on a good day (maxes out at 2Mbps)

We can send data 33.9 Million miles at a faster rate than USCC allows it's users.

Let that sink in, then realize that once you manage to hit 22GB you're speeds are the same as Voyager 2, which launched in 1977.

Yup... Wow.

I did the math out of curiosity.

At 1.5Mbps it would take 32 hours 30 minutes 28 seconds to use 22GB.

Thats if you were pulling 1.5Mbps the entire time continuously.

For additional info, that's the same as T1 or DSL, it's also the data transfer rate of the original Mars Curiosity Rover on a good day (maxes out at 2Mbps)

We can send data 33.9 Million miles at a faster rate than USCC allows it's users.

Let that sink in, then realize that once you manage to hit 22GB you're speeds are the same as Voyager 2, which launched in 1977.

Yup... Wow.

That don't make me feel any better about this plan. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, fatboysh said:

That don't make me feel any better about this plan. Lol

Amen! That plan is horrible! I know that Verizon's unlimited is completely unthrottled. 

I am rocking 1.59 mbps right now... Must not be throttled.lol