dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

Submitted a complaint over a week ago. Indicated they saw no reason for slow performance. Said they escalated the issue and sent to tech support. Asked me to check back in a few days. Kept checking back, trying to be nice about it. No update. This was all through email. Started giving my messages an aggrevated tone. Finally got a straight answer. Either they were playing dumb at first, or there was an internal memo explaining the issue telling reps how to handle it.

"I appreciate your patience. I’ve had the opportunity to look into this further for you. While your speeds feel slower this isn’t because you’re not getting 4G. There is a difference between the unlimited plan vs. our other plans. All of our Unlimited Plans provide optimized data speeds. You will be able to use your device as you normally would (ie, streaming video, streaming music, browsing, using maps, etc,...). While there are lots of applications out there that measure speed, they may not always show an accurate picture of your speeds. We are continually monitoring our network performance to ensure that we deliver data at optimized speeds; though at various times the actual speed you measure could vary."

The rep goes on to suggest a stretch plan. So, I inquire.

"If I am understanding correctly, I can either have reliable/increased/full 4G bandwidth speed or unlimited data, but not both. Is this correct?"

Response:

"The data on the stretch plans won’t be optimized."

They went on to give pricing for the Stretch Plan, but dodged the question. I also referenced competitors not throttling or optimizing and got no response to that.

Not telling you guys anything you didn't already know, but it is a response confirming that.

I like there no response lol. I guess we all raised enough caine to at least get them to make a "prepared" statement lol. 

They are selling themselves short with this unlimited plan. Once the people who just occasionally use the phone data start noticing facebook and youtube and snapchat buffering like I did the "prepared" statement won't work anymore and they'll need a plan b. 

I'm sorry but we've all proven in some way or the other that this is b.s. If verizon the tightest cell company I know of allows the full 4g speed than the little man U.S. Cellular should want to as well. But apparently we the customer no longer matter and what they are hoping to do is a: get people off their network or b: get you to always be on wifi and never on their data. At that rate boost and straight talk would be the best option and the heck with U.S. Cellular. 

That's my opinion though. Who needs a post paid plant that costs hundreds of dollars a year when they can get prepaid that in retrospect cost pennies a year? 

I am LOVING their choice of terminology.

"Optimized". LMAO. I actually laughed out loud. Optimized. Holy crap, that's rich.

That's on the same level of when Nancy Pelosi said "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" - that's how bat****, bold faced, and incredibly dumb it is for them to say that.

Ok, so it's optimized, right, UACC? For the 2nd time (3rd time?) I'mma Google that - and let's just see.

...well ok. It means "to make the best use of" - which, if you're a moron is technically what they are doing, optimizing your data for streaming 144p without buffer. They're basically giving you a 1440p TV but only letting you watch pre-2000 programming.

And they said 1.5mbps for SD (SD is defined as 480p) YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu themselves all have descriptions​ of bandwidth required for specified stream quality - which I posted earlier, and there isn't a streaming service that says 1.5mbps is recommended for SD.

...I should stop. They obviously know what they're doing. They just hope people get so sick of the runaround that they cave or leave. Which isn't fair to the ones paying the bill.

I'm sorry you guys are experiencing this, I just hope there's enough public outcry to force their hand.

Vote with your wallet, people, that's how s*** gets done in this world.

ADD moment: if I were getting 1.5mbps I would expect to be PAYING for 1.5mbps (and in the US, average 1.5mbps DSL is available for ~$27/mo without any data cap of any kind) JUST... SAYING....

Lastly, my comments about speeds and NASA crafts built and launched 4 decades ago, fact check me uscc. I dare ya. 2017 and you're giving your PAYING CUSTOMERS "LTE" that is, at best, a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, iR1O said:

I am LOVING their choice of terminology.

"Optimized". LMAO. I actually laughed out loud. Optimized. Holy crap, that's rich.

That's on the same level of when Nancy Pelosi said "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" - that's how bat****, bold faced, and incredibly dumb it is for them to say that.

Ok, so it's optimized, right, UACC? For the 2nd time (3rd time?) I'mma Google that - and let's just see.

...well ok. It means "to make the best use of" - which, if you're a moron is technically what they are doing, optimizing your data for streaming 144p without buffer.

But they said 1.5mbps for SD (SD is defined as 480p) and YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu themselves all have descriptions of bandwidth required for specified stream quality - which I posted earlier, and there isn't a streaming service that says 1.5mbps is recommended for SD.

...I should stop. They obviously know what they're doing. I'm sure they'll make it right.... (Lol)

I'm sorry you guys are experiencing this, I just hope there's enough public outcry to force their hand.

Vote with your wallet, people, that's how s*** gets done in this world.

I love it!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

If they want to "optimize" the data then we can "optimize" their paychecks and churn, and revenue and them as a company to bankruptcy!

We the people need to take our money as a whole out of this company and quite honestly start a revolution in the wireless industry. 

If they want to play with our service that we pay for with every single drop of blood, sweat and tear. Then we can empty their wallets if we all just left cold hearted and din't pay any fees attached to them. I mean hey they'll go away after a few years! 

Their lies have really gave verizon and even att the upper hand this time!

I love it!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

If they want to "optimize" the data then we can "optimize" their paychecks and churn, and revenue and them as a company to bankruptcy!

We the people need to take our money as a whole out of this company and quite honestly start a revolution in the wireless industry. 

If they want to play with our service that we pay for with every single drop of blood, sweat and tear. Then we can empty their wallets if we all just left cold hearted and din't pay any fees attached to them. I mean hey they'll go away after a few years! 

Their lies have really gave verizon and even att the upper hand this time!

I edited my comment, added a bit more to further drive the point home. Hopefully a higher up at USC sees it. They should.

2 minutes ago, iR1O said:

I edited my comment, added a bit more to further drive the point home. Hopefully a higher up at USC sees it. They should.

I really hope so! Maybe everyone needs to start flooding the CEO's inbox about this...?

I really hope so! Maybe everyone needs to start flooding the CEO's inbox about this...?

Anyone have an address? I've got no problem emailing them directly.

As far as paying less for the lower service we are getting or getting what we paid for, I tried that route. Rep claimed I am getting what I was sold, an "optimized" service.

I believe "optimized" is the right word. Just that it is optimzed from their perspective and not the customer.

Typing this from the middle of nowhere, and the speed sucks just as bad as the big city. Or as USC marketing would say, same level of service in the middle of nowhere.

Also, you guys need to write to tech blogs, wireless blogs, and news sites. I did this but so far nothing. Maybe if they get enough people tipping them they will start writing something. I know to the national guys USCC is small potatoes, but this needs to be reported. It's kinda shocking that there is not one news feed report on this yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to switch back to the stretch plan but was informed that it would place us back under a two year agreement... I don't think so...

Edit:

From chat just a few minutes ago

16:36:35 [Visitor] would it put us back under contract?
16:36:59 [Visitor] I know I have one for the phone but would there be one for the service?
16:37:34 [Whitney] Yes, that would place you back under a two year agreement.

Edited by kresston
Added chat info

Was going to switch back to the stretch plan but was informed that it would place us back under a two year agreement... I don't think so...

Unless you are getting a new device this is bad info.

1 hour ago, GoBigRed79 said:

Unless you are getting a new device this is bad info.

I just got the S8 Plus as a preorder wonder if that would make a difference...

I don't think the phone payments are tied to the account contract term anymore.

Idk tho. Hopefully someone can chime in

How can this company do such a terrible job training reps on their own plans? It's like they hire meteorological flunkies.

25 minutes ago, mweba said:

How can this company do such a terrible job training reps on their own plans? It's like they hire meteorological flunkies.

I had the store manager at my corporate store in Virginia tell me that they didn't get any training. That he learned everything in the last three years of him working at USCC.

He proceeded to tell me that the other associates in the store that help, don't receive any training either. They learn off of each other and call into customer service just like you and I do.

But I have a friend that has just been hired by Verizon. He was gone the whole week for training in Tampa,FL. He got paid for the week and everything by Verizon only money he needed was if he wanted to buy other things on his own. 

17 hours ago, kresston said:

Edit:

From chat just a few minutes ago

16:36:35 [Visitor] would it put us back under contract?
16:36:59 [Visitor] I know I have one for the phone but would there be one for the service?
16:37:34 [Whitney] Yes, that would place you back under a two year agreement.

When I switched back I didn't get told anything about the contract being back although I assumed it would be. I checked my account and it shows my contract date beginning and ending on 4/26/17. That's the day I switched back to the stretch plan. So I'm not sure what's up with the whole contract thing. 

Switched this morning back to the stretch data and was told it would incur a 2 yr contract but was told, but don't believe, that I won't be charged for it down the road if I decided to leave...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, kresston said:

Switched this morning back to the stretch data and was told it would incur a 2 yr contract but was told, but don't believe, that I won't be charged for it down the road if I decided to leave...

So even they didn't know if you are technically in a 2 year contract? Wow these people need some serious training. I have a feeling that if you tried to leave somebody would have a different story to tell. 

I'm under a 2 yr contract but the "supervisor" said that if I leave before the contract end then they would waive the ETF but I don't believe it will happen if I did leave.

1 hour ago, kresston said:

I'm under a 2 yr contract but the "supervisor" said that if I leave before the contract end then they would waive the ETF but I don't believe it will happen if I did leave.

I guess one day we'll find out how much truth it is to that. I probably won't stay with them much longer. The places I travel to now uscc has crappy service in those areas. And that's in Va and a couple other different states where all I do is "roam". 

Edited by technics42

Where I am in Virginia it's USCC or Verizon and they're decent but call quality is horrible. I don't have plans on leaving as I just got the S8 Plus on installments but I didn't want to be under contract either for the service.

Where I am in Virginia it's USCC or Verizon and they're decent but call quality is horrible. I don't have plans on leaving as I just got the S8 Plus on installments but I didn't want to be under contract either for the service.

Yeah I'm in the same boat with my edge I got before thanksgiving. And all I've got here is USCC, SPRINT and Verizon.

I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, but the possibility is there.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Welp, had to jump ship. Tired of, well, all that was discussed in here. Two lines of V unlimited was $10 cheaper.

2bc0a08e97cd783dcc2921455e632ec3.jpg

Ah, and all the Facebook comments were removed but I remembered the messages....

6d167ba029f442ad23c3806c4077b9d7.jpg

12 hours ago, mweba said:

Welp, had to jump ship. Tired of, well, all that was discussed in here. Two lines of V unlimited was $10 cheaper.

Wow! With speeds like that who needs U.S. Cellulars unlimited b.s.?

I'm still with them for now I'll probably jump once my device is paid off. 

WOW! I like that speed, I'm gonna do the same with my five lines.

US Cell bill is $20 more than they said it was gonna be. The price was the only thing keeping me for so long.

Edited by dudleyfj40