dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

WOW! I like that speed, I'm gonna do the same with my five lines.

US Cell bill is $20 more than they said it was gonna be. The price was the only thing keeping me for so long.

Don't expect those speeds everywhere..... This is in the parking lot of the local Verizon store....726e019093da64af1085462563ae8005.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For sure. My test was in town. It's crazy fast there obviously. At home it's around 8 down although USCC was 4-5.

Some spots are better, some are worse but at least it isn't an intentionally neutered plan.

For sure. My test was in town. It's crazy fast there obviously. At home it's around 8 down although USCC was 4-5.

Some spots are better, some are worse but at least it isn't an intentionally neutered plan.

Latest test in town....band 2 blowsf60be99404d3f5f2221ecb3f2ea4ad4e.jpg

Just thought I would update I am still not getting throttled on my total plan. No idea why at this point. None of the phones on my acct are. Traveling to the in laws in Illinois this weekend. Still not experiencing any throttling. At this point I can't explain it. Either I am lucky or there is something about accounts based in Nebraska. 942ddce1339376c5b93cc50ad32566b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thought I would update I am still not getting throttled on my total plan. No idea why at this point. None of the phones on my acct are. Traveling to the in laws in Illinois this weekend. Still not experiencing any throttling. At this point I can't explain it. Either I am lucky or there is something about accounts based in Nebraska. 942ddce1339376c5b93cc50ad32566b9.jpg

Unlimited Total Plan? Only the unlimited is being throttled.

The XGB plans and "unlimited" plans are all unlimited, but throttle at varying amounts of usage.

The "unlimited" plan, throttle instantly - the total plans, with 2 or 6GB (throttled to 2G after) are full speed until that usage, the unlimited is throttled instantly, or should be, according to them.

If he's truly on the unlimited total plan and NOT throttled at all, that's amazing and I say you're one lucky dude.

8c4e396c8bbe8e7f9417a5a5879aa3c5.jpg

I do wonder if only the people that got on the unlimited plan PRIOR to the price hike (now $70/line) are the ones being affected? IDK I'm spitballing ideas.

I got my daughter unlimited before the price hike and she is still not throttled. I'm in central Maine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I did notice a $20 charge on my bill for unlimited to Canada and Mexico. They took it off after the first bill, but it's on there again this month and they say it's part of the plan and can't be removed. So much for no hidden fees. They never mentioned it when we switched plans.

Unlimited Total Plan? Only the unlimited is being throttled.

Yes. Unlimited.

81d4b523e7d75b42bbcee5293be0e216.jpg

The XGB plans and "unlimited" plans are all unlimited, but throttle at varying amounts of usage.

The "unlimited" plan, throttle instantly - the total plans, with 2 or 6GB (throttled to 2G after) are full speed until that usage, the unlimited is throttled instantly, or should be, according to them.

If he's truly on the unlimited total plan and NOT throttled at all, that's amazing and I say you're one lucky dude.

8c4e396c8bbe8e7f9417a5a5879aa3c5.jpg

I do wonder if only the people that got on the unlimited plan PRIOR to the price hike (now $70/line) are the ones being affected? IDK I'm spitballing ideas.

Yeah, I have been on the unlimited since the first weekend the plan was available and have never experienced the throttling others have. At this point I have given up trying to figure out why and will ride it out as long as I can.

I did notice a $20 charge on my bill for unlimited to Canada and Mexico. They took it off after the first bill, but it's on there again this month and they say it's part of the plan and can't be removed. So much for no hidden fees. They never mentioned it when we switched plans.

No. That's right. See my post above. We have 4 lines. They charge $130 for the total plan for 4 lines and $20 per line for unlimited that includes can-mex calling. That = $210 total for 4 lines. Then the various discounts that only show on your actual bill kick in to get you to $160. Yes it is confusing, but I have had this plan since it came out and that is how it works out.

That's awesome for your lines. Kudos!

I'd not mention it to them, either. Lol. It's stupid they do that at all

It should not be this complicated. It shouldn't be this way. Why are they doing this? It makes no sense, unless you're just assuming all your customers are total blind sheep. 

55 minutes ago, TG said:

It should not be this complicated. It shouldn't be this way. Why are they doing this? It makes no sense, unless you're just assuming all your customers are total blind sheep. 

But it is and they do think we're all idiots and apparently they were right in thinking that cause many people who have been throttled don't know it and don't care, and are just buying the general jargon that they are getting the possible "optimization" without any throttling. You speak with your wallet to these companies and they (uscc) probably haven't noticed a big drop in revenue to care about making it right to all of those people who signed up for the unlimited plan from day one. And especially those android users how are all being throttled. 

All the people I talk to have no idea the throttling is happening but certainly know the speed is terrible. My whole home town is betching about it (small-town). Most just think USCC has gone to crap and switch to Verizon without knowing it was intentional

Well, I did make the swap to the big red. So far it's been hit and miss.

I was nice to find out that I get a military discount for being a Vet, 15% off data on the unlimited plan. So price wise it's closer than it has ever been with US Cell. 

I have found that I drop to 3G in some locations that I frequent, like the school ball field and home, which is frustrating. I have a strong wifi router at home, but, if I venture to far out to my neighbors garage it goes to 3G. I did call in and the rep said I should get between 5 and 12 down. So this statement makes me think that Verizon has a cap on their download also. So far it's been between 1.5 and 11.5 down. 

I have never seen any hiccups with US Cell unlimited tethering Netflix on my tablet. But I did with Verizon at first, but within minutes it fixed it's self. 

I was able to move all of my MotoX PE's over with out any fuss, so I again have no contract with a Cell company. That is the way I like it. 

Edited by dudleyfj40

Well, I did make the swap to the big red. So far it's been hit and miss.

I was nice to find out that I get a military discount for being a Vet, 15% off data on the unlimited plan. So price wise it's closer than it has ever been with US Cell. 

I have found that I drop to 3G in some locations that I frequent, like the school ball field and home, which is frustrating. I have a strong wifi router at home, but, if I venture to far out to my neighbors garage it goes to 3G. I did call in and the rep said I should get between 5 and 12 down. So this statement makes me think that Verizon has a cap on their download also. So far it's been between 1.5 and 11.5 down. 

I have never seen any hiccups with US Cell unlimited tethering Netflix on my tablet. But I did with Verizon at first, but within minutes it fixed it's self. 

I was able to move all of my MotoX PE's over with out any fuss, so I again have no contract with a Cell company. That is the way I like it. 

USCellular also has a military/veterans discount which is also 15% the last time I checked. But for us we can't piggy back discounts so my wife's 17% partner discount it is.

When we make the big red switch my work has a 22% partner discount with big red so we will be using that.

USCellular also has a military/veterans discount which is also 15% the last time I checked. But for us we can't piggy back discounts so my wife's 17% partner discount it is.

When we make the big red switch my work has a 22% partner discount with big red so we will be using that.

The partner discount doesn't work on unlimited plans.

The partner discount doesn't work on unlimited plans.

Is that with USCellular or Verizon?

With all this crap with USCellular misleading so called unlimited plans that are best suited for those who don't use data we will never switch to it.

Now our plans for Verizon also do not include unlimited data. Just to much crap with it. Now put all the fine print out first and don't go back on anything well then that might turn us.

Funny how partner discount supposedly is only applied on the data part but now with unlimited data you can't use that discount.. another garbage play by either company.

I know switching our current plan to the same equivalent plan at Verizon would drop our bill by just over $20.00.... just the silly contract or phone bs with USCellular is keeping us from leaving now.

I used my partner discount to get activation free, then switched to the military for the 15%, they said it was the only one I could use with unlimited. 

With US Cell, neither could be used on the unlimited. 

Went unlocked phones two years ago to keep my options open. If I'm paying for a phone, I'm banking on my self, not phone installments. In the end, when USCC pulled the 1.5 crap, it worked out great.

I'm going out of state here soon and if my coverage is super crappy because of all of USCC's shenanigans I'll be switching myself. I've been to where I'm going before so I'll have that experience to base the service off of. 

They've jumped my bill for a single line from $95 to $130 now and if I have to pay that much and the service is crappy I may as well shop elsewhere. 

I'm going out of state here soon and if my coverage is super crappy because of all of USCC's shenanigans I'll be switching myself. I've been to where I'm going before so I'll have that experience to base the service off of. 

They've jumped my bill for a single line from $95 to $130 now and if I have to pay that much and the service is crappy I may as well shop elsewhere. 

Ouch!!!!!

We pay $126 for two lines on a shared plan now. The same at Verizon will run us $104...

Well at least two months ago it would have. Not sure with the rip offs happening now..

Can't understand what the big wigs are thinking when competitors are upgrading so fast and offering more for less. Basically my whole area is crazy fast now and not throttled on unlimited.

25e6ba05d351cbce006ba1e39384039c.jpg

Woah - on VZW!? Over 200 down!?

To me that's amazing. Us has never broken 40 for me, ever, anywhere.