dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

340 posts in this topic

Woah - on VZW!? Over 200 down!?

To me that's amazing. Us has never broken 40 for me, ever, anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep, almost all of Cedar falls/Waterloo has the potential to pull those numbers. It's nuts. I streamed my kids soccer game to my wife, Crystal clear.

13 hours ago, dBuster said:

Ouch!!!!!

We pay $126 for two lines on a shared plan now. The same at Verizon will run us $104...

Well at least two months ago it would have. Not sure with the rip offs happening now..

Yeah, it really hurts the pocket too.... And they'll only give a crappy 10% discount and I've been with USCC for 11 years now. 

On 6/2/2017 at 10:25 PM, mweba said:

Yep, almost all of Cedar falls/Waterloo has the potential to pull those numbers. It's nuts. I streamed my kids soccer game to my wife, Crystal clear.

Wow. What about the outlying areas? I live close to the Cedar Valley & Verizon sucks right in our town. One of the biggest reasons keeping me away from them. 

Wow. What about the outlying areas? I live close to the Cedar Valley & Verizon sucks right in our town. One of the biggest reasons keeping me away from them. 

Haven't found a spot where I lose service yet, we'll, except in Walmart but speeds out of town are generally like USCC

I wish Verizon has a way for you to trial with a Sim to test signal in say a days travel without actually changing over to them....

I wish Verizon has a way for you to trial with a Sim to test signal in say a days travel without actually changing over to them....

If you own the phones you could justvswitxh back.
You can tell they stretch the towers out to the max in order to achieve the largest network. Unlike USCC and others that have better over lap. That said, it works 99.9% of the time and WiFi calling makes up for the rest.

You can tell they stretch the towers out to the max in order to achieve the largest network. Unlike USCC and others that have better over lap. That said, it works 99.9% of the time and WiFi calling makes up for the rest.

No wifi calling on 6p

I'm not impressed with the wifi calling on my pixel. I have great wifi at home, but when on wifi calls I get delays and a wierd beeping when I connect to a call. I ended up turning it off. Maybe my old router is to blame, but for right now, it's a no-go for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hmm, mine had been seamless. Only thing I notice is getting use to "HD" connection.

I remember HD calls were something you got used to. It was like super-clear it was weird.

I remember HD calls were something you got used to. It was like super-clear it was weird.

It works well if you're not traveling rural areas. I have to turn it off when I'm working. Not enough LTE coverage in Maine...

On 6/5/2017 at 6:52 PM, mweba said:

I don't agree. At least not around here. I have no problem reaching max speeds and reliability. Maybe it's different in a bigger city though. 

Posted (edited)

So those of us that switched back to the stretch plans how much are they charging for the line access? I got my bill today and with the prorated charges I couldn't tell what the line access charges are.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edit: Chatted and found out that my line was not getting the discount for the line access. The guy I chatted with got it fixed and even saw that I didn't get the discount last month and fixed that as well.

Edited by kresston
New Info

On 6/1/2017 at 7:00 PM, Coolasice said:

The partner discount doesn't work on unlimited plans.

I have an older 10 GB shared plan that costs $142 mo. w/ 5 phones w/ our 20% partner discount. Traveled recently and was worried about overages the whole time - although the roaming cap would've kicked in first. Chatted w/ uscc today and cs said I'd get 20% on 2 GB plan. Called in cuz they were dense and was told any line w/ 6 GB+ get's 20% off. So is it just the 6 GB that get's partner discount or is that wrong too?

On 6/7/2017 at 3:22 PM, kresston said:

So those of us that switched back to the stretch plans how much are they charging for the line access? I got my bill today and with the prorated charges I couldn't tell what the line access charges are.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edit: Chatted and found out that my line was not getting the discount for the line access. The guy I chatted with got it fixed and even saw that I didn't get the discount last month and fixed that as well.

Should be $40/line with a subsidized phone or $20/line (monthly) for COE or installment plan payments.

Employee partner discount only applies to the data allotment, not the connection charges.