dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

Woah - on VZW!? Over 200 down!?

To me that's amazing. Us has never broken 40 for me, ever, anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep, almost all of Cedar falls/Waterloo has the potential to pull those numbers. It's nuts. I streamed my kids soccer game to my wife, Crystal clear.

13 hours ago, dBuster said:

Ouch!!!!!

We pay $126 for two lines on a shared plan now. The same at Verizon will run us $104...

Well at least two months ago it would have. Not sure with the rip offs happening now..

Yeah, it really hurts the pocket too.... And they'll only give a crappy 10% discount and I've been with USCC for 11 years now. 

On 6/2/2017 at 10:25 PM, mweba said:

Yep, almost all of Cedar falls/Waterloo has the potential to pull those numbers. It's nuts. I streamed my kids soccer game to my wife, Crystal clear.

Wow. What about the outlying areas? I live close to the Cedar Valley & Verizon sucks right in our town. One of the biggest reasons keeping me away from them. 

Wow. What about the outlying areas? I live close to the Cedar Valley & Verizon sucks right in our town. One of the biggest reasons keeping me away from them. 

Haven't found a spot where I lose service yet, we'll, except in Walmart but speeds out of town are generally like USCC

I wish Verizon has a way for you to trial with a Sim to test signal in say a days travel without actually changing over to them....

I wish Verizon has a way for you to trial with a Sim to test signal in say a days travel without actually changing over to them....

If you own the phones you could justvswitxh back.
You can tell they stretch the towers out to the max in order to achieve the largest network. Unlike USCC and others that have better over lap. That said, it works 99.9% of the time and WiFi calling makes up for the rest.

You can tell they stretch the towers out to the max in order to achieve the largest network. Unlike USCC and others that have better over lap. That said, it works 99.9% of the time and WiFi calling makes up for the rest.

No wifi calling on 6p

I'm not impressed with the wifi calling on my pixel. I have great wifi at home, but when on wifi calls I get delays and a wierd beeping when I connect to a call. I ended up turning it off. Maybe my old router is to blame, but for right now, it's a no-go for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hmm, mine had been seamless. Only thing I notice is getting use to "HD" connection.

I remember HD calls were something you got used to. It was like super-clear it was weird.

I remember HD calls were something you got used to. It was like super-clear it was weird.

It works well if you're not traveling rural areas. I have to turn it off when I'm working. Not enough LTE coverage in Maine...

On 6/5/2017 at 6:52 PM, mweba said:

I don't agree. At least not around here. I have no problem reaching max speeds and reliability. Maybe it's different in a bigger city though. 

So those of us that switched back to the stretch plans how much are they charging for the line access? I got my bill today and with the prorated charges I couldn't tell what the line access charges are.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edit: Chatted and found out that my line was not getting the discount for the line access. The guy I chatted with got it fixed and even saw that I didn't get the discount last month and fixed that as well.

Edited by kresston
New Info

On 6/1/2017 at 7:00 PM, Coolasice said:

The partner discount doesn't work on unlimited plans.

I have an older 10 GB shared plan that costs $142 mo. w/ 5 phones w/ our 20% partner discount. Traveled recently and was worried about overages the whole time - although the roaming cap would've kicked in first. Chatted w/ uscc today and cs said I'd get 20% on 2 GB plan. Called in cuz they were dense and was told any line w/ 6 GB+ get's 20% off. So is it just the 6 GB that get's partner discount or is that wrong too?

On 6/7/2017 at 3:22 PM, kresston said:

So those of us that switched back to the stretch plans how much are they charging for the line access? I got my bill today and with the prorated charges I couldn't tell what the line access charges are.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edit: Chatted and found out that my line was not getting the discount for the line access. The guy I chatted with got it fixed and even saw that I didn't get the discount last month and fixed that as well.

Should be $40/line with a subsidized phone or $20/line (monthly) for COE or installment plan payments.

Employee partner discount only applies to the data allotment, not the connection charges.

After being on USCC since 2001 I decided to switch to Verizon due to the unlimited data speeds and the lack of Network upgrades. So far I'm really enjoying the speeds and coverage. Most of all traveling and not being limited to 500mb of usage that is go e in a day. I assume USCC will be bought up soon by someone else and maybe they will make them better but for now ✌🏾️.

On 6/27/2017 at 6:43 PM, Md0600 said:

So far I'm really enjoying the speeds and coverage.

I wish I could say the same thing.

Where I live I have 3G often and dropped calls with Verizon. Plus, only using 5GB ea on three of my unlimited lines, I'm going to look back at USCC. 

We just got back from a west coast vacation and I we had great luck with Verizon ,but, being back in Iowa I have to make a tough decision. 

ALRIGHT GUYS So I posted on USC FB page which they somehow hid it from the visitor posts when I try to find it people were still commenting on it (No one from the FB page has responded at this time either), I emailed direct to email address on the USC website and when they sent me the survey to review the call with the the douchebag I speak of in this post I added this into the why I was not pleased box. So here it is:

Very long but please read at this point I have received a response from USC from any outlet I've used, I actually reposted this 3x on the FB page it kept disappearing from the top of the Visitors posts when I went back in to look for it. 

Here it is:

After a week of lousy LTE speeds I come to find out I have been deceived! Unlimited is LIMITED

Currently on the Unlimited plan with 3 phones on my account.

Up until about a week ago I was getting nearly 20mbs up/down speeds, then they just bottomed out to barely 2mbs up/dn. I checked our usages and thought maybe we are throttled. I look at my accounts and one of my boys has reached hi 22gb limit. Ok so he's probably going to get throttled fair enough. The rest of us shouldn't be getting throttled because of this.

So I call in to find out what's going on and the girl checks over a few things and checks the towers and is clueless to what's going on, why my LTE speeds would be so slow all of a sudden.

I was just getting back to my car from a grocery stop and she was going to patch me to Tech Support for further assistance I said well I will be driving again could you have them call me back in 15 minutes? She assured me they would well all day went by sitting waiting for the follow up call. It never happened. So I call in again when I am home from my day and get someone to bring up the notes and check some things again IMEI etc no luck completely confused they transfer me to Tech Support.

The man checks some things and says ok you're on the phone with the problem I said yes but my wife is getting the slow speeds as well, he says ok can I call you on another phone to check further. I said sure. Even though the last woman said sorry that no one called you back they can't call you, you have to call in. This tech support man had no problem calling me so I don't know if these employees have any idea how the company works.

I say so we shouldn't be throttled because my son reached his limit right? No that would never happen. So he says well have you heard of (D.O.) Data Optimization? I said no well on the unlimited plan this feature reduces speeds to allow more people BLAH BLAH BLAH so on. Basically they are throttling us because they can't support the amount of people that have unlimited at speeds that are supposed to be LTE.

So this means this statement is a lie you will have LTE speeds up to 22gb after this you will be dropped to 1x. No one ever said to me they are going to limit my LTE speeds to 2mbs because they can't handle the higher speeds.

The way I see this is my boy met his limit so my account was flagged and now they are going to throttle (data optimization B.S. phrase for throttle) the rest of the unlimited phones on my account because of this. When I was just getting 20mbs prior to this week.

So I say I basically have to suck it up and deal with 2mbs from here on out? No you can switch to another plan that doesn't have D.O (FANCY PHRASE FOR THROTTLING) like the 2gb or 8gb...

Why would I want to do that? I signed up for Unlimited that's what I should have, full LTE speed capabilities if I wanted 3g 2mbs I would buy a crappy phone and use 3g.

So I want you all to try this and stand up because this is the Net Un-Neutrality happening right now right here on US Cellular.

4G LTE is 5-12mbs average with peak of 50mbs.

I will not stop here, I will stir up some drama, I will find out who I need to talk to to deal with this BIG LIE!!! Hiding these things is just like lying.

I will be seeking Legal recourse and another Cellular service provider after 10 years of dedication to your company so many people over the years I have given your praise and support are now being betrayed by YOU!

So everyone on unlimited pull out your phone and run a speedtest....are you getting throttled to 2mbs or less? Yes or No?

My test results
.38Mbs dwn & 19.44Mbs up
.91Mbs dwn & .19Mbs up
1.62Mbs dwn & 6.65Mbs up

As if my upload speeds do me any good!! This is just wrong.

Does anyone have Email or Phone contact for higher up Important people that I can betch at? I Am seriously Pissed Off!!! I will be leaving USC. I'm thinking Maybe Project Fi with the new PxlXL2 when it comes out.

They were pretty misleading to customers that bought into this, i'll agree, but we posted about it well before it happened.  

I feel for you, truly, I just dont know where to point you to make a difference in it because they don't care about you, or most of us on here - the best way to show them that this is crap (and it is) is to leave.  It sucks but I dont think theres a more productive way to go about it.

7 minutes ago, iR1O said:

They were pretty misleading to customers that bought into this, i'll agree, but we posted about it well before it happened.  

I feel for you, truly, I just dont know where to point you to make a difference in it because they don't care about you, or most of us on here - the best way to show them that this is crap (and it is) is to leave.  It sucks but I dont think theres a more productive way to go about it.

I came in here before jumping on the unlimited to see the thoughts but never saw this spoken of. I guess i was one of the first few to jump on the unlimited so it hadn't been discovered yet. Did I read right that someone in here jumped to Verizon and is in the Cedar Falls Waterloo area? Getting great speeds?

I can personally confirm that in CF/Waterloo VZWs coverage is on par with uscc, speeds are better (lol, for sure) - I'm in Newton and travel there quite often. 

also, i brought up the plans speeds on page 1 - where i got confirmation of a perm. speed throttle.

Even if youre on the SD plan, 0.xx mbps is still garbage

On 2/23/2017 at 2:43 PM, iR1O said:

OK - talked to my store - NO CONTRACT at all unless you get a new phone.

if you already have a plan and change it - NO new contract - or COE - NO contract.

HOWEVER - the "standard definition" plan = 5-6mbps down (capped) - so your data is slowed down - the "high definition" plan ($20 more per line) is 8-15mbps capped - you dont get full unrestricted speed access on either one. It's always throttled regardless of usage.

" also, i brought up the plans speeds on page 1 - where i got confirmation of a perm. speed throttle. "

This USC? Please tell me where to look for the fine print