dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

341 posts in this topic

Yes.
4x 40 = 160
3x 20 = 60
160+60=220

At least in normal math - common core might say different.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would like more data, but I don't think I can afford it. I pay 80.xx a month right now. Not sure I can swing adding 40 plus higher fees.

What's the current price for COE lines? They removed it from the website the last time I looked.

Yes.
4x 40 = 160
3x 20 = 60
160+60=220

At least in normal math - common core might say different.

This is what was quoted to me by the Facebook rep. Told him I had heard like 5 different totals but he assured me this was correct. Helps me a lot I'm able to add a line and it is still a little cheaper than what we are on.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Does employee discount apply to the new unlimited plans?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So, how do they end this plan? Has to be more fine print somewhere if no 2 year is mandatory. They'll eventually want to kill it like the last one.

Does employee discount apply to the new unlimited plans?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This was what was quoted to me on Facebook from the rep
If any lines have unlimited, the only discount which would apply would be Military. Employee discounts will only apply with 2 GB and 6 GB lines for Total Plans. As for 7 lines, 3 with 2 GB and 4 with unlimited, it would be $230.00. If you go with auto-pay/paperless billing, subtract $10.00 from that. This quote includes the current $40.00 promotion for having 4 lines with unlimited. ^Jeff

I would like more data, but I don't think I can afford it. I pay 80.xx a month right now. Not sure I can swing adding 40 plus higher fees.

What's the current price for COE lines? They removed it from the website the last time I looked.

COE is the same price. You just don't have retail installments. The only "discount" is military or auto pay.

That's dumb. Just to be clear though, I'm talking about the device connection fee. It used to be cheaper than if you were buying the phone from them.

So am i reading the fine print correctly that streaming videos on unlimited plans are only in SD and not HD. what else does this apply to. music streaming to? how does a network determine at what resolution u stream if it is indeed unlimited 4g up to 22gb?

That's my understanding, too. When streaming video, and video only, would it potentially throttle.

It didn't throttle when I manually picked HD, it defaults to SD, but speeds were identical HD or SD unlimited - so...Idk

Music still streams at you're preference - low/med/high (128/256/320) for Google music.

My conclusion is that it isn't throttled at all - on either plan, just that one defaults the stream to max 480p (but plays 1080p if you ask it to) vs defaulting to 1080p and you don't have to touch it.

The speeds were absolutely the same either way.

For reference I tested this on 2 phones on the same account, one got SD, one got HD for +$20, both tested very similar speeds both before and after changing the plan.

Only thing I noticed was that the S7 on SD defaults to 144p on YT and 480p on Netflix, whereas the Nexus 6P defaulted to 1080p right away - but both played 1080p no problem, no buffering. The S7 also played "high" quality Google play music without issue, or at least I didn't hear about it for the rest of the day (owner uses it all day in the shop) Hadn't thought to test that, but didn't figure they would involve that... Good idea.

Anyone know how long the promo period is?

The way I read this, I could get my current 2 phones signed up now and get the promo credit, then add lines for my kids a few months down the road, and still have the promo credit. Right?

7 lines. 4 unlimited and 3 on the 2gb plan. $220 with auto pay. With the discount on the 4 lines unlimited it was cheaper. Switched today. Customer service rep in store and on phone are very confused as to pricing.

Anyone know how long the promo period is?

The way I read this, I could get my current 2 phones signed up now and get the promo credit, then add lines for my kids a few months down the road, and still have the promo credit. Right?

I doubt the 4 lines for 160 will last longer than maybe 2-3 weeks.

So, what if you still have a dumbphone and don't need any data on that line?

I think it may still be a $20 add charge.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:12 PM, mweba said:

So, how do they end this plan? Has to be more fine print somewhere if no 2 year is mandatory. They'll eventually want to kill it like the last one.

Two reps told me this is not a promo, there is no provisions to end it.       I'll quote this post two years from now.....for one reason or another.

Wait, which part? The pricing or the no contract thing?

They pulled that BS before.

7 hours ago, iR1O said:

Wait, which part? The pricing or the no contract thing?

They pulled that BS before.

While activating a phone last night, I got a hold of a very knowledgable rep.    So I asked, "I was on the original Unlimited but was forced off after two years due to the contract being a promo.  Will this new plan be treated as such?  Forced to move on?"      Rep "There is no fine print to end this plan.  The system is set in a manner that includes Unlimited as a regular plan option, not a promo.  As long as the customer adheres to contract rules and finds no way to abuse it, the plan will continue."

I was just quoting myself in anticipation of a good laugh in two years......

Anyone tested speed while tethering or any reports on shower speeds otherwise?

Anyone tested speed while tethering or any reports on shower speeds otherwise?

It all depends if I gotta shave or not. On a serious note all speed tests I have run show exactly the same as before the upgrading to the new plan. Have not tested while tethering, as I don't do much tethering.

It all depends if I gotta shave or not. On a serious note all speed tests I have run show exactly the same as before the upgrading to the new plan. Have not tested while tethering, as I don't do much tethering.

Manscaping eh