dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

On 2/23/2017 at 3:27 PM, iR1O said:

Mbps, they always go by bits when it comes to transfer of data for some reason.

Also - further info on it:

Standard Unlimited = 4G speed (NOT LTE - limited to ~10mbps)

Plus Unlimited - LTE speed (limited to ~20mbps)

So... keep that in mind.  Youre still throttled 100% of the time either way.

Personally, I highly doubt on a day to day basis this would be a huge deal for browsing FB and twitter - but watching YT or netflix or whatever - it would suck.

Educational info for those interested:

Mbps = megabits per seconds

MBps = megabytes per second

There are 8 bits in 1 byte

8Mbps = 1MBps (approx)

SO - the standard unlimited can only stream fast enough to play 480p streams - the Plus plan can stream 720p (but is still permanently throttled to that artificial speed (that they wont disclose))  

Netflix says a minimum of 5mbps to stream in HD, which I can confirm..  A friend of mine had bottom-of-the-barrel cable internet of 5mbps, it he watched a LOT of Netflix.  Just a little more buffering time.

13 hours ago, Dalmus said:

Netflix says a minimum of 5mbps to stream in HD, which I can confirm..  A friend of mine had bottom-of-the-barrel cable internet of 5mbps, it he watched a LOT of Netflix.  Just a little more buffering time.

In my testing this was proven mostly incorrect. The way they describe it is strange and idk exactly what they do behind the scenes to either one but in my experience they're essentially identical as far as how the network performed.

The speeds on either one were the same and HD playback was achieved on both plans. No issues at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There has to be a catch. Like they've got a trick up their sleeve or something. I smell a rat.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

There has to be a catch. Like they've got a trick up their sleeve or something. I smell a rat.

Sad to say but their own actions in the past are what lead us to be skeptical.

I just switched two lines. $15 cheaper, I'll give it a go. Confirmed no contract or etf so worse case I end up with Verizon

Thinking about getting this but not sure if i will save money. 3 smart phones and 2 dumb phones and pay 217 a month. Wife said she don't need unlimited either but of it saves money to get it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Switched my parents account (5 total lines with parents and siblings) to the new Total Plan and saved them $50 per month. Were on 16gb shared for $220 pre-tax. Now have three lines at 2gb apiece (which is plenty) along with two at 6gb apiece. Now down to $170 per month and if my dad sets up the autopay and paperless he'll save $10 more (doesn't apply on old Shared plans). 

My wife and I are staying with shared plan (6gb total) though. Would be same price with new plan but would be just 2gb apiece instead of 6gb shared. 

Edited by pistolpetefan23

Well, if they throttle, I can't find it. Tethering and YouTube run 4k no issues.

f0d153bdb2eecd57f832abd0a1a087c4.jpg

Maybe they throttle after you get to a certain amount of usage... Like getting to 20gb then they throttle you?

I don't know but that seems like what they would try.

I think it was mentioned earlier that they will throttle any line once it reaches 22 GB. I'm too lazy to go back and look though.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I think it was mentioned earlier that they will throttle any line once it reaches 22 GB. I'm too lazy to go back and look though.

All the other carriers throttle streaming video on their unlimited plans. Why would USCC do it differently?

The throttling that is being spoken of is the unlimited states it's supposed to be standard definition speed only.
People are running high definition with no issues.
4G speed is good until 22GB, throttled to 2G after that.

Remember these plans are only a week old. Just because you are seeing high def now, doesn't mean that you won't see it in a month 
once they get it figured out.

OR
It is possible they are using it as a disclaimer. maybe they will allow high def as long as the network isn't congested, in which case they would end up throttling the speed.

if they had to.
OR
Maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about..lol

I got on the plan today. 20 minutes on hold and 40 talking to someone that had no clue about anything

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I'm hearing this is only for new contracts which will cause a definite problem for me being an existing customer....I'm calling at my first break hoping this is not the case!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm hearing this is only for new contracts which will cause a definite problem for me being an existing customer....I'm calling at my first break hoping this is not the case!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's not . Existing accounts can move to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not . Existing accounts can move to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^
What he said

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

I'm digging it so far. Went from $210 a month for 24gb shared 2 lines to $110 2 lines "unlimited"

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

On 3/4/2017 at 0:14 AM, BoгИX said:

All the other carriers throttle streaming video on their unlimited plans. Why would USCC do it differently?

Actually they do not. Not anymore anyway. When Verizon launched unlimited, they decided to not throttle video. As a result both T-Mobile and Sprint backpedaled on their video throttling practices and are/will no longer require throttled video. T-Mobile may still require you to opt out of the throttling. At&t is throttling on some plans and not on others.

Verizon unlimited is technically superior. No video throttling. No throttling when you hit 22 GB. US Cellular is the only carrier that hard throttles at 22 GB. Everyone else deprioritizes only if the network is busy, which is typically way faster and in many cases there is no reduction in speed.

Edited by silbaco

Have no throttling, video streaming restrictions or any other issues to report what so ever. I'm assuming no one else does either.... It would have been reported ha.

The AT&T unlimited ads says right at the bottom they throttle at 22GB.

The AT&T unlimited ads says right at the bottom they throttle at 22GB.

Not sure why uscell claims its "unlimited"... It's just a 22gb plan with no overages. By that reasoning their 2gb and 6gb plans are unlimited also....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk