dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

110 posts in this topic

I am not on this plan, but my family is, and they use less than 22GB/month between the 5 of them. Well, they used to when they shared 8GB.

Anyway, they're at 22.7GB used right now (as reported by USCC's site) and I tried to watch netflix in 1080p on a Nexus 6P, an S7, and an S6 - all of them played it no problem, the stream started in 480p, but I was able to manually select the higher resolution and it worked like nothing happened.

So, even after the 22GB it seems the speeds are still perfectly capable?  I didnt stream a whole episode or anything, I just started it, let it play a few seconds and then changed the resolution - let it play for like 45 seconds, no hiccups at all.  IDK. I suppose it might be different if I were to try to stream a whole show or something.

I am not on this plan, but my family is, and they use less than 22GB/month between the 5 of them. Well, they used to when they shared 8GB.

Anyway, they're at 22.7GB used right now (as reported by USCC's site) and I tried to watch netflix in 1080p on a Nexus 6P, an S7, and an S6 - all of them played it no problem, the stream started in 480p, but I was able to manually select the higher resolution and it worked like nothing happened.

So, even after the 22GB it seems the speeds are still perfectly capable?  I didnt stream a whole episode or anything, I just started it, let it play a few seconds and then changed the resolution - let it play for like 45 seconds, no hiccups at all.  IDK. I suppose it might be different if I were to try to stream a whole show or something.

I believe it is 22gb per line... Not total

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, iR1O said:

It's 22GB a line, not total. Just Like Verizon's plan. Except once you hit that 22 Verizon might depreciate you, instead of straight up throttle. But I'll be interested to see what USCC does if it is a straight up throttle or maybe a depreciation.

Now I can't remember if that was total on the account, or on any one line... I'll have to look sometime tomorrow - but you might be right, and that would make me look stupid.  Good point!

Even if one of the lines hits 22GB, it would only be that specific line that gets hit with whatever the "penalty" is too. 

Right, but for some reason I had somehow forgotten that - and I'm not sure/cant remember if i was looking at the account usage as a whole or just one line.

It's 22GB a line, not total. Just Like Verizon's plan. Except once you hit that 22 Verizon might depreciate you, instead of straight up throttle. But I'll be interested to see what USCC does if it is a straight up throttle or maybe a depreciation.

It has to be a full throttle as they don't deproiratize.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just signed up for the Total plans about a week ago as I wanted to replace my hotspot with the 4G router.  I got the router for a penny, went to paperless billing/autopay to save $10/month, got a 15% discount for 2 years because of my employer.  I upgraded my data for the router to the 10GB plan for $40 and went with the 6GB for the phone and I should save at least $50/month.  My normal old bill was $157 a month and now it should be closer to $100 and no more data over charge.  I don't have many choices for internet access and I am not going back to satellite.  I did have the antique Android data plan on the phone with a $40/month unlimited local talk plan, I think it is the plan I had when I went from the HTC Touch Pro 2 to the Motorola Electrify