dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

I am not on this plan, but my family is, and they use less than 22GB/month between the 5 of them. Well, they used to when they shared 8GB.

Anyway, they're at 22.7GB used right now (as reported by USCC's site) and I tried to watch netflix in 1080p on a Nexus 6P, an S7, and an S6 - all of them played it no problem, the stream started in 480p, but I was able to manually select the higher resolution and it worked like nothing happened.

So, even after the 22GB it seems the speeds are still perfectly capable?  I didnt stream a whole episode or anything, I just started it, let it play a few seconds and then changed the resolution - let it play for like 45 seconds, no hiccups at all.  IDK. I suppose it might be different if I were to try to stream a whole show or something.

I am not on this plan, but my family is, and they use less than 22GB/month between the 5 of them. Well, they used to when they shared 8GB.

Anyway, they're at 22.7GB used right now (as reported by USCC's site) and I tried to watch netflix in 1080p on a Nexus 6P, an S7, and an S6 - all of them played it no problem, the stream started in 480p, but I was able to manually select the higher resolution and it worked like nothing happened.

So, even after the 22GB it seems the speeds are still perfectly capable?  I didnt stream a whole episode or anything, I just started it, let it play a few seconds and then changed the resolution - let it play for like 45 seconds, no hiccups at all.  IDK. I suppose it might be different if I were to try to stream a whole show or something.

I believe it is 22gb per line... Not total

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, iR1O said:

It's 22GB a line, not total. Just Like Verizon's plan. Except once you hit that 22 Verizon might depreciate you, instead of straight up throttle. But I'll be interested to see what USCC does if it is a straight up throttle or maybe a depreciation.

Now I can't remember if that was total on the account, or on any one line... I'll have to look sometime tomorrow - but you might be right, and that would make me look stupid.  Good point!

Even if one of the lines hits 22GB, it would only be that specific line that gets hit with whatever the "penalty" is too. 

Right, but for some reason I had somehow forgotten that - and I'm not sure/cant remember if i was looking at the account usage as a whole or just one line.

It's 22GB a line, not total. Just Like Verizon's plan. Except once you hit that 22 Verizon might depreciate you, instead of straight up throttle. But I'll be interested to see what USCC does if it is a straight up throttle or maybe a depreciation.

It has to be a full throttle as they don't deproiratize.

Interested to see how much it throttles.

I just signed up for the Total plans about a week ago as I wanted to replace my hotspot with the 4G router.  I got the router for a penny, went to paperless billing/autopay to save $10/month, got a 15% discount for 2 years because of my employer.  I upgraded my data for the router to the 10GB plan for $40 and went with the 6GB for the phone and I should save at least $50/month.  My normal old bill was $157 a month and now it should be closer to $100 and no more data over charge.  I don't have many choices for internet access and I am not going back to satellite.  I did have the antique Android data plan on the phone with a $40/month unlimited local talk plan, I think it is the plan I had when I went from the HTC Touch Pro 2 to the Motorola Electrify

So just wondering how everyone else's speeds are going since unlimited had a chance to set in. Gotta say my speed is garbage right now. 

So about middle of march I called and switched to the unlimited plan. All was good with speeds (30-40Mbps) and all other functions of my phone. April 14th rolls along and my speed takes a dump to .12Mbps. I called and they said I was on 2gb plan and was maxed out. Explained I signed up for unlimited. Not sure how that happened but he switched me to unlimited like I was supposed to be on. Ever since that point I've been averaging 1.5Mbps. Been on the phone with customer service several times but no one can figure it out and they keep telling me they'll call me back and never do. I even tried 2 different phones and same result. Now only today the tech I talked to said the speeds for unlimited total plans should be around 1.5Mbps. So I called him and his company a joke and hung up. Sorry was mad. I'll try to attach speed test image if I figure it out. 

I don't know what the speed should really be but is 1.5Mbps even 3g speeds. This truly doesn't seem right. I mean I'm still able to browse but it is slower and when downloading something it is noticeably slow. If anyone had any feedback on this is surely love to hear it.  

Thanks, 

Travis

Screenshot_2017-04-22-13-24-44.png

I'm having the same issue in my area too. I have an S7 edge and on Good Friday I too noticed the horrible data speeds. 1.5mbps down and 4.0mbps upload. I called and they said I was on total unlimited, and was nowhere near the 22gbps. Was transferred to a tier 2 tech and he couldn't check the towers and had no explanation other than they'll look into it and that if it was convenient for me to call back in 24 hours and they'd look into it some more. It's been a solid week and nothing has changed. I have other friends and relatives that have uscc in my area (different accounts) and they have called in because they are having the same issues as well. 

I have been with uscc for 11 years and if this is what unlimited data is gonna be like with them I won't be staying. I'm not gonna pay $92 a month for crappy service.

So I hope they can fix it sooner than later....

That's the "SD" speed they said.

They have SD and HD speeds. HD speeds would be higher (idk how much higher) and when several members of my family moved to the unlimited SD plan I didn't see a change in speed but maybe it takes awhile for them to go into effect.

It was my understanding that the SD/HD speeds were only suppose to apply to video streaming, not slow the data speeds for everything. Streaming sites like YouTube would have to be opted in to stream at the lower rates. I don't know. It just seems like I got lied to and us cellular is not as forthright as the claim to be. And if you have to pay extra for the HD then I would count that as a hidden fee since I don't see that advertised anywhere. Which is part of there big campaign right now "no hidden fees".

I would agree that I thought the same - but idk how they handle it on the back end.

This is the 3rd time I've heard of this happening, though.

When the wifi at Mcdonalds is faster than your us cellular 4g data there's a problem! And my Mcdonalds is in the hood-like part of town lol. I agree with tbag1122 if this sd/hd data speeds is true then that's false advertisement when they specifically stated that only streaming sites would be defaulted to sd speeds, and if there is this unadvertised hd plan that we have to pay extra for we all would've been better off on our older plans. And God help us if Volte ever rolls out cause I'm almost sure it's gonna be just as bad if not worse. 

Yup. Unlimited plan is a joke. If something sounds to good to be true, it usually is. Just switched to the 6gb total plan. More than I need usually anyways plus I'll save another 10 bucks. Speeds are back to normal. 

Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-29-53.png

12 minutes ago, tbag1122 said:

Yup. Unlimited plan is a joke. If something sounds to good to be true, it usually is. Just switched to the 6gb total plan. More than I need usually anyways plus I'll save another 10 bucks. Speeds are back to normal. 

Wow! If it's gonna be like that we all might as well switch back to our previous plans! Who cares about unlimited if its gonna be throttled from the jump.?!

Safe to assume reps either have no clue when you asked or couldn't do anything about it?

Questioned two different reps, both claim no throttling.

I asked two different reps plus a tier 2 tech and another friend of mine called in and asked another rep and got the same results I did. The reps didn't know and the tier 2 tech didn't have a clue and said that I was nowhere near 22gbs and that I should be receiving full speed, and that he didn't see any throttling on the line.

I'm fed up with this though. I can't even browse the theme store because data is so slow.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

9fe05a901a41113204c7e4f421b73f33.jpg

Yeah, no one has a clue. Only friend i know that has full speed on unlimited now is using a IPhone

Those speeds are ridiculous - they shouldn't have "SD" and "HD" it should be whatever speeds you're SUPPOSED to get and throttled at 22GB (if they're going to throttle) - which is BS in the first place.

I hate it that its knocked to those pathetic speeds. That's 3G speeds (HTC Merge is ringing a bell) they had ... God, 8 years ago? I agree it's way worse that I would have expected.

Does anyone happen to be on the "HD" plan that can compare?

I never heard of "sd" nor "hd"plan option. In the fine print it says only streaming video would be throttled using streaming services. So it doesn't make sense for them to throttle everything.

I'm thinking at this point they need to be reported for false advertising of services to the better business bureau.

I have friends that are on Verizon's unlimited data and they aren't being throttled and they've used way over the 22gb.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Well I just went to the USCellular site and at the bottom on the page that tells about these new plans it says unlimited will be at SD speeds and then throttled to 2g speeds at 22 GB of use. The 2 & 6 GB plans will be at HD speeds then I believe they drop to 2g speeds once they got the 2 or 6 GB limits.

What a joke. Got to rip customers off some way they can..

1e678ac6b7e9948e70ae412b7167f6ed.jpg