dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

To be fair their "unlimited" is advertised as "unlimited" - and thats it

Only once you go into the store to pick a plan - you might be told about the SD and HD plans - HD having the higher speeds (how high, idk) and SD being...well, you saw it.

I feel like they really did kind of trick a LOT of people with this, and most never even knew there were different speed options - only that unlimited was what they wanted, and got it.

Fraud? I think thats a stretch, but I do believe most customers were heavily misled by it. 

The problem I have is the way they phrase it in the disclaimer. By using SD and HD and the word stream, any reasonable person would think that applies to video only. To be fair, were are not even 100% sure this is what is supposed to be happening (full time throttling). But if it is, then the only conclusion I can come to is that wording was intentionally misleading. If they are going to phrase data speeds as SD and HD, then they need to define what that means in clear language.

Fraud is probably a strong term, but false advertising is an issue here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem I have is the way they phrase it in the disclaimer. By using SD and HD and the word stream, any reasonable person would think that applies to video only. To be fair, were are not even 100% sure this is what is supposed to be happening (full time throttling). But if it is, then the only conclusion I can come to is that wording was intentionally misleading. If they are going to phrase data speeds as SD and HD, then they need to define what that means in clear language.

Fraud is probably a strong term, but false advertising is an issue here.

Sorry, I meant to edit my previous post.

We had switched to the unlimited plan and I was having problems with all of our phones switching to 1x or3g in placed that have always been 4g. Countless calls into tier 2 tech and finally we just switched to AT@t. Amazing the difference. My phones haven't dropped off LTE and there is no comparison in speeds. Probably average around 45 to 55mbps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To be fair their "unlimited" is advertised as "unlimited" - and thats it

Only once you go into the store to pick a plan - you might be told about the SD and HD plans - HD having the higher speeds (how high, idk) and SD being...well, you saw it.

I feel like they really did kind of trick a LOT of people with this, and most never even knew there were different speed options - only that unlimited was what they wanted, and got it.

Fraud? I think thats a stretch, but I do believe most customers were heavily misled by it. 

Not sure why they​ call it unlimited to begin with,. It's a 22gb plan with no overages. By calling it unlimited you can say ALL their plans are unlimited... But you pay more for the extra high speed data....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Coolasice said:

Not sure why they call it unlimited to begin with,. It's a 22gb plan with no overages. By calling it unlimited you can say ALL their plans are unlimited... But you pay more for the extra high speed data....

I just think it's all a joke and once other people start leaving then they'll see. They tricked people into unlimited and if you switch back to that 6gb plan to get your speed back you'll be paying overage fees eventually, cause I'm sure that's hidden somewhere too. 

Edited by technics42

1 hour ago, technics42 said:

I just think it's all a joke and once other people start leaving then they'll see. They tricked people into unlimited and if you switch back to that 6gb plan to get your speed back you'll be paying overage fees eventually, cause I'm sure that's hidden somewhere too. 

but there are no overage fees, just really slow connection after the 6gb limit is reached.  I'm glad im on verizon now.  better coverage, VOLTE!  (No wifi calling for me tho.. verizon doesn't support wifi calling on 6p)

Went back to corporate. Rep said her data was terrible as well and called in for me. They tried to fix my line and ended up writing a ticket on mine and her line ha. They have been bombarded with calls and complaints. So I guess I'll play along, see where this goes.

Went back to corporate. Rep said her data was terrible as well and called in for me. They tried to fix my line and ended up writing a ticket on mine and her line ha. They have been bombarded with calls and complaints. So I guess I'll play along, see where this goes.

Yeah, there is still a part of me that thinks something got screwed up and this is not what was intended. It makes zero sense whatsoever considering competitor offerings. People need to keep letting reps know so hopefully this gets fixed.

Well just like that this got posted on the Reddit I started on this.

"I am a store manager, I have an iPhone on an unlimited total plan. I experience the standard definition data speeds as well. It is 1.5 Mbps speeds on the unlimited plan. There is an unlimited plus option for high definition speeds available."

Wow. That's BS

I've sent tips to several tech blogs with links to this thread and to the sub-reddit. Hopefully somebody will run with this and they start getting some heat in the press.

35 minutes ago, GoBigRed79 said:

Well just like that this got posted on the Reddit I started on this.

"I am a store manager, I have an iPhone on an unlimited total plan. I experience the standard definition data speeds as well. It is 1.5 Mbps speeds on the unlimited plan. There is an unlimited plus option for high definition speeds available."

Wow. That's BS

Hahhaha maybe we should all call in and ask where this "unlimited plus" option is and demand to switch to it! 

I agree that's total BS! 

It's funny how little anyone on the corporate level even knows about their own service. The rep was pissed, I mean legitimately pissed that she fell for the unlimited deal also.

1 hour ago, GoBigRed79 said:

Yeah, there is still a part of me that thinks something got screwed up and this is not what was intended. It makes zero sense whatsoever considering competitor offerings. People need to keep letting reps know so hopefully this gets fixed.

I wonder if they finally enabled the throttling for streaming and somehow the algorithm is pulling all data requests as streaming and limiting everthing

It's funny how little anyone on the corporate level even knows about their own service. The rep was pissed, I mean legitimately pissed that she fell for the unlimited deal also.

The one I talked to at their store, was pissed as well. She was concerned that she had been giving bad information to her customers. She was concerned that they would think that she was purposely lying to them and come back to the store angry.

I wonder if they finally enabled the throttling for streaming and somehow the algorithm is pulling all data requests as streaming and limiting everthing

I hope that is all it is. I sure don't like what the manager said in my above post. The fact this has not hit me yet gives some hope. Nonetheless everybody needs to let them know this is not right.

79d2b974b654a3d058103f08eaf2517a.jpg

3 minutes ago, GoBigRed79 said:

I hope that is all it is. I sure don't like what the manager said in my above post. Nonetheless everybody needs to let them know this is not right.

Just because he's a store manager does not mean he is properly informed.

I suspect this is not the case. The corporate store that I stopped at, called their support number and was told that 1.5 Mbps is the download speed for the unlimited plan. I also called their customer service number and spoke with a manager. She was very nice and checked with their tech support people. She confirmed that this is the correct speed as well. She said that she had no idea that this was the case. Also said that she was going to voice her concerns at a management meeting on Thursday. She was very apologetic.

I truly don't think this is a screw up. Not totally anyways. I was looking at the plans on AT&T and there is a lot of similarities. You know how the providers like to copy each other while trying to stay competitive. I'll provide a screen shot on what I'm talking about. On the unlimited choice plan you'll notice that it says max speed 3 Mbps and video streaming at 1.5 Mbps. So I'd say this is what us cellular was going for in there not so clear SD plan. So maybe that's what could be screwed up, it should be 3 Mbps during normal data usage but everything got bundled in the 1.5 speed. Or there being pricks and want it that slow. They also got a unlimited plus plan that works at normal speed 4g. Similar to what USCC HD plan that nobody can seem to find on their website. 

I guess what I'm getting at is if US Cellular would have been more clear like AT&T has on there site, I wouldn't have anything to betch about.

Screenshot_2017-04-24-18-58-37.png

Screenshot_2017-04-24-18-58-53.png

I truly don't think this is a screw up. Not totally anyways. I was looking at the plans on AT&T and there is a lot of similarities. You know how the providers like to copy each other while trying to stay competitive. I'll provide a screen shot on what I'm talking about. On the unlimited choice plan you'll notice that it says max speed 3 Mbps and video streaming at 1.5 Mbps. So I'd say this is what us cellular was going for in there not so clear SD plan. So maybe that's what could be screwed up, it should be 3 Mbps during normal data usage but everything got bundled in the 1.5 speed. Or there being pricks and want it that slow. They also got a unlimited plus plan that works at normal speed 4g. Similar to what USCC HD plan that nobody can seem to find on their website. 

I guess what I'm getting at is if US Cellular would have been more clear like AT&T has on there site, I wouldn't have anything to betch about.

For what it's worth, I was told that the price of their HD plan, is an extra $20 per line.

1 minute ago, webpatk said:

For what it's worth, I was told that the price of their HD plan is an extra $20 per line.

Yeah I did hear that as well. 

3 minutes ago, webpatk said:

For what it's worth, I was told that the price of their HD plan, is an extra $20 per line.

And what defines a "HD" plan?  Would anyone know or would you get four different stories?

Exactly. If USCC would have been clear from the get go, we could all complain about how crappy a plan it is, but at least we could have made an informed choice. By not being clear that SD data was all data and not just streaming and not telling us what speed to expect upfront, people have a right to feel cheated. What makes this worse is it took them almost two months to start throttling.

Also, I feel bad for the frontline reps. It seems clear they were not properly trained on this and now they are the ones that will catch all the crap from customers.

And what defines a "HD" plan?  Would anyone know or would you get four different stories?

The HD plan would allow streaming at 720p or 1080p. While the SD plan would only allow streaming at 480p Max

No I don't know if the HD plan has any kind of speed throttle on it at all, it could but I don't have any confirmation of that.

I would assume that the HD plan would run just like the old shared connect plans until you reach the 22gb.

6 minutes ago, tbag1122 said:

I would assume that the HD plan would run just like the old shared connect plans until you reach the 22gb.

There in lies the problem.  We have to assume....no facts or cut definitions.