dave0812

Unlimited on US Celluar

I dropped em yesterday after 15+ years. To much drama, I'm done with em.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Fi is great if you have access to WiFi and don't use much data. My bill averages $30 a month.

The next time my daughter comes home I'll do a speed test on her iPhone. We switched her to unlimited last month. Haven't heard any complaints yet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fi is great if you have access to WiFi and don't use much data. My bill averages $30 a month.

The next time my daughter comes home I'll do a speed test on her iPhone. We switched her to unlimited last month. Haven't heard any complaints yet.

So far so good for me on my iPhone. 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, GoBigRed79 said:

So far so good for me on my iPhone. 🤞

Yeah,not sure what the deal is but I know several people with Iphones that are not effected.   Doesn't much matter to me.

I wonder why the Android phones are being throttled more consistently than the iPhones?
It doesn't make sense, but what does with this company?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Just now, technics42 said:

I wonder why the Android phones are being throttled more consistently than the iPhones?
It doesn't make sense, but what does with this company?

Why were some allowed to stay on the original unlimited plan?       Allow some to stay to avoid litigation, so they can label the others abusers?  I'm not a conspiracy theory nut but..

Why were some allowed to stay on the original unlimited plan?       Allow some to stay to avoid litigation, so they can label the others abusers?  I'm not a conspiracy theory nut but..

Yeah it's like the National treasure of cellphones lol

I switched to the unlimited plus plan and with several speed tests it's consistently at 3mbps download and the upload has increased to a whopping 22mbps.

Maybe something to do with band 12 for Android's and band 5 for iPhones?? I'm sure if it's happening on androids it will be happening on iPhones very soon.

Could the iPhones not being throttled be that they are iPhones?

Back when uscc was blocking tethering they couldn't stop iPhones from tethering, only the Android devices.

Maybe this inability to throttle the iPhones is similar? Just thinking out loud

Back when uscc was blocking tethering they couldn't stop iPhones from tethering, only the Android devices.

It could be the way IOS interprets the data that is being received or some string of code that over writes the throttle from the device end?

I'm just trying to figure out why those people that I know that are on the old shared plans are also being throttled now. Of course the ones I know of are on Android devices.

It could be the way IOS interprets the data that is being received or some string of code that over writes the throttle from the device end?

I'm just trying to figure out why those people that I know that are on the old shared plans are also being throttled now. Of course the ones I know of are on Android devices.

It has to be something like that. I remember a few years back when my company implemented BYOD so we could get corp email on our personal phones via the Good for Enterprise app. The Verizon and AT&T folks who had android phones started getting letters they had to upgrade to an enterprise data plan while the iPhone folks never did. Apparently with the iPhone the carriers could not detect an enterprise app was being used.

Nonetheless, I don't expect my avoidance of throttling to last forever.

Also, not that it is an acceptable solution by any means, I know a couple of people that are getting better speeds by disabling LTE and forcing their phone to 3G. Not much better, but better then 1.5 Mbps. So I wonder if the LTE band is the only one being throttled.

28 minutes ago, GoBigRed79 said:

It has to be something like that. I remember a few years back when my company implemented BYOD so we could get corp email on our personal phones via the Good for Enterprise app. The Verizon and AT&T folks who had android phones started getting letters they had to upgrade to an enterprise data plan while the iPhone folks never did. Apparently with the iPhone the carriers could not detect an enterprise app was being used.

Nonetheless, I don't expect my avoidance of throttling to last forever.

Also, not that it is an acceptable solution by any means, I know a couple of people that are getting better speeds by disabling LTE and forcing their phone to 3G. Not much better, but better then 1.5 Mbps. So I wonder if the LTE band is the only one being throttled.

It looks like a lot of people are catching on and are now posting on the facebook page about switching carriers. I'm almost betting if enough people at least threaten to leave maybe it'll bring some kind of change. 

It looks like a lot of people are catching on and are now posting on the facebook page about switching carriers. I'm almost betting if enough people at least threaten to leave maybe it'll bring some kind of change. 

That former att employee though....

3 minutes ago, mweba said:

That former att employee though....

Yeah she's a bit strange lol half bath short of a condo.... 

I'm really glad I wasn't alone in this thought. I remember that - and couldn't help but think it had to be a similar reason.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, iR1O said:

I'm personally not on USCC, but these are the speeds I get1bc78b54608acddb95702bae4ec26b50.jpgc41825ecbdfd07fd327a833833f8e294.jpg

I wish I got those speeds :-(

Verizon is pretty good here. :P

b4ecd5e0d65510aa8bd088be3bd640c6.jpg

Edited by Zenzr

I've always used USCC because all of my family had them and they never had any service issues and they always had good things to say about them. Verizon was iffy in my area at first but now it's way better than it was.

After this unlimited fiasco with USCC has happened it has left a horrible taste in my mouth and once my device finance is up I will jump ship; unless they fix this and make it right somehow. 

3 minutes ago, fatboysh said:

Sick of her

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Amen! she thinks she's the queen of us cellular and cellphones in general. 

7 minutes ago, fatboysh said:

But she still hadn't done a speed test but says hers is still fast

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

She's smoking that good stuff! lol