Sign in to follow this  
Coolasice

5x long term

Anyone been using a 5x long term? How's reception on USC? Get many missed calls? Other thoughts? I just ordered a new 5x today... Want to see if signal is better then my 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Had one since almost release. Currently on number two. Camera is on point and performance is OK for the price. Reception is as good as our Motorola and Pixel. Only downfall is that it's soooooooooo laggy. Factory reset and it hauls again for awhile.

Had one since almost release. Currently on number two. Camera is on point and performance is OK for the price. Reception is as good as our Motorola and Pixel. Only downfall is that it's soooooooooo laggy. Factory reset and it hauls again for awhile.

Number 2?

Number 2?

Yeah, purely my fault. Broken screen. Still use it for Pandora and stuff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, purely my fault. Broken screen. Still use it for Pandora and stuff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Gotcha,. I'm hoping the 5x has improved reception... And I can always return it if not since it is new

Just chiming in to say my 6P's signal has been superb - on par with or potentially better than Moto's, no issues at all.

5 hours ago, mweba said:

Haven't noticed the lag at all. Been on bone stock for quite some time too. What are you noticing it with? I don't do too much demanding stuff. 

9 hours ago, phalkon30 said:
Does your 6p not have good reception?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Seems to lose signal offer right after I pick it up. If Its in my pocket or laying on my leg the signal gets completely obliterated and I always drop calls in areas my s4 would work fine.

I ordered a new 32gb 5x direct from google for ~$260...   should be here end of the week or early next week.  Gonna use if for a couple days and see if it's any better then my 6p.   If it is, i'll sell my 6p and may order a second for the misses to replace her aging s4 she likes.  I dont want to get rid of the 6p, but if i have to to get better signal I will.   it's still got Huwaei's mfg warranty until sept 2017....

Edited by Coolasice

8 hours ago, TG said:

Haven't noticed the lag at all. Been on bone stock for quite some time too. What are you noticing it with? I don't do too much demanding stuff. 

Everywhere.  I thought it was just the original but the second one is the same.  If you multitask with it, after a month it will slow down considerably.  To the point, camera will freeze phone, photos will not save reliably and digitizer touch feedback will be delayed four seconds.   Once it's to that point apps like facebook are regularly not held in RAM, and a factory reset is the only fix.   And repeat.        I'm not knocking the phone.  Software updates have helped and for the every day user, it will be fine.  Like I said, camera is on point, stock Android and it's small enough to one hand.....everything I want in a phone really.                   The 5" Pixel destroys it though (as it should for the price).

Thanks for the replies about the 6p. I've never heard of it having bad reception before

The 5x on the other hand... I wanted to get one for my wife but it's notorious for lag after a while. Bought her a moto g4 instead and she loves it

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Got the 5x Thursday.. been testing with my Fi sim on USC... Seems to get similar signal as my 6p so I guess Verizon it will be.

Just went to the US Cellular store in Houlton, me... Not a corporate store... Asked about a sim for the 5x... She told me it was $15!... Walked out... Called customer service and ordered one for 1¢....

Yup. That's how it goes.

What really annoyed​ me was I got my 6p sim for free in Lincoln, me... Which is also not a corporate store...