Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish2222

Which Phone to Get

17 posts in this topic

Well, now that I have switched our 3 lines to the 6GB unlimited for $110, I think I may have to go ahead and dump my Moto X 2013 for a newer phone.  I would love to get an S7 edge or a N6P, but I really can't afford it.  So, with that in mind, which should I go with, the pre-owned S6 edge ($15 a month) or the G4 Play ($4.50 a month)?  I like that the G4 is using pure android, but I have always liked the fluid like screens of the edge.  The edge also has a 16MP camera, while the G4 is still an 8MP.  So, has anyone had both and which one did you like better?  I also thought about buying a used LG US990 on Ebay for $60 or so and giving it a try. 

It's not. Reporting now.

No feedback and a phone at >$400 off real value? No-Fing-way

Nah. It's a scam. 106 sold and 0 feedback... What a POS. Everyone should report this idiot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0209d75fb4d85a63c14fd901a83e1950.jpg

S6 Edge preowned is too much $$ for a 2 year old phone and there is only a 90day warranty on preowned.
in the same situation now. I'd like the LG V20 ,but really don't want to pay $600 for a phone.
So I'm thinking of buying a Motorola G4 Plus from either Best buy or Walmart for $250 and having it activated.

Edited by Ace3166
missed words

March sometime I think. looks like 5.0'/5.2" screens. Really didn't want to downsize from my 5.5"

Ignore my comment in other thread, you answered it here :)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

I'm almost thinking about the $99 with two year contract for the S6 edge.  Plus then I would get reimbursed from work.  If I have to make payments, I won't get reimbursed from work.  I miss the days of Thanksgiving sales with $.01 phones, even if they were subsidized.  It didn't seem like it cost as much that way.  My MIL told me that she went into her local store and they told her the G4 was free.  Not sure what to believe there.

Edited by fish2222

Well, crap.  Of course I waited too long and now the S6 edge now longer has the $99 deal.  I really don't want to spend $20 a month for 30 months on a phone ($600!) when I could have paid $100 now and had a phone for 2 years.  This whole payment plan thing sucks!

Go to Walmart to get your phone. S7 is $48 right now with 2 year contact

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

I've never seen any post paid contract phones at our walmart for US Cellular...  Only pre-paid.

Edited by fish2222

My local Walmart and Sam's Club still have two year agreements. The USCC reps will even tell you that's only place to get them.

Interesting. I'll have to look in Joplin, cause they don't seem to do that in Kansas.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

None of the Walmarts within 150 miles do to year contacts here. Prepaid only. :(

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

You'll be charged $20/month more for a phone purchased straight out at Wal-Mart. USC charges $40/M for those lines, but gives you a $20/M discount when you finance a phone through them. In the end, it's the same amount to finance through USC. Plus, you can pay the phone off with USC whenever you want and your contract ends and then goes month to month.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, barndawg76 said:

You'll be charged $20/month more for a phone purchased straight out at Wal-Mart. USC charges $40/M for those lines, but gives you a $20/M discount when you finance a phone through them. In the end, it's the same amount to finance through USC. Plus, you can pay the phone off with USC whenever you want and your contract ends and then goes month to month.

He switched to the unlimited plan, there are no connection fees on that plan.

Edited by Ace3166

It's not the connection fee, it's the monthly fee for the line. They'll burn ya, believe me.