idovgart

Phone activation issue

7 posts in this topic

Hi All!

I'm using XT1093 outside US, with local GSM carrier. Until recent update (5.1 security OTAs) it was running flawlessly, but now it shows "Phone activation". Despite that, I'm able to make calls and text. Just kinda annoying that I can't remove this notification, which shows everytime I boot up the phone. After activation process fails, it says, that it will try once more, after rebooting. If I will eject SIM-card, it says that "You need a SIM-card to operate with phone".

Process initiating this stuff is com.motorola.setupwizard.phoneservice

Hi All!

I'm using XT1093 outside US, with local GSM carrier. Until recent update (5.1 security OTAs) it was running flawlessly, but now it shows "Phone activation". Despite that, I'm able to make calls and text. Just kinda annoying that I can't remove this notification, which shows everytime I boot up the phone. After activation process fails, it says, that it will try once more, after rebooting. If I will eject SIM-card, it says that "You need a SIM-card to operate with phone".

Process initiating this stuff is com.motorola.setupwizard.phoneservice

Did your carrier modify or flash the phone at all to get service on it? If so, you'll have to get them to flash it again. Otherwise your only options are to disable the setup wizard (root required) or just ignore the notification. Does LP have granular notification controls? If so you could disable it I guess.

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

23 hours ago, BoгИX said:

Did your carrier modify or flash the phone at all to get service on it? If so, you'll have to get them to flash it again. Otherwise your only options are to disable the setup wizard (root required) or just ignore the notification. Does LP have granular notification controls? If so you could disable it I guess.

Thanks for your suggestions) Unfortunately, I can't root, cause my warranty would void. LP does have granular notifs controls, but for some reason, not for this package (DISABLE button is disabled, lol). 

So, seems that the only thing that is left here - ignore it ;)

How do you have a warranty on a phone made in 2014?

How do you have a warranty on a phone made in 2014?

Wouldn't it depend on the purchase date? Most warranties don't begin until the device is first activated and registered. The same as it would be for a major appliance or a new car.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

^^ yup, if it's a 2014 phone but purchased 2 days ago, its warrantied until 2019.  

ADD thought can you get "extended" warranties on phones/tabs and the like?  I never thought of that.

3 hours ago, iR1O said:

^^ yup, if it's a 2014 phone but purchased 2 days ago, its warrantied until 2019.  

ADD thought can you get "extended" warranties on phones/tabs and the like?  I never thought of that.

You might be able to through like Square Trade or something.