Sign in to follow this  
dBuster

Tablet questions recommendations

My Nexus 7 first generation tablet is starting to become laggy and slow even rooted and running an older version of Android since the device can't run the latest.

Any how, I went out and got a best buy insignia 8 inch tablet based on the price and as close to stock Android as possible.

Needless to say I got what I paid for as the dam thing doesn't keep wifi connection and drops it more than it keeps it. In looking at other tablets and seeing the new iPad coming out, best bang for the buck now seems to be the iPad... Wish I could stay with an 8 inch or smaller tablet but the prices of Android tablets with any good are just as much if not more than iPad devices now.

Anyone care to chime in? And no I do not want a Kindle either...

My Nexus 7 first generation tablet is starting to become laggy and slow even rooted and running an older version of Android since the device can't run the latest.

Any how, I went out and got a best buy insignia 8 inch tablet based on the price and as close to stock Android as possible.

Needless to say I got what I paid for as the dam thing doesn't keep wifi connection and drops it more than it keeps it. In looking at other tablets and seeing the new iPad coming out, best bang for the buck now seems to be the iPad... Wish I could stay with an 8 inch or smaller tablet but the prices of Android tablets with any good are just as much if not more than iPad devices now.

Anyone care to chime in? And no I do not want a Kindle either...

The Samsung tab a 10.1 is the best bang if u can find it under $300. (They were on sale before Christmas for $200). They have great reviews. Price is close to that of an iPad tho.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I can get the latest iPad that just came out along with a $25 gift card for just $329. That is a 32gb model.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-ipad-latest-model-with-wifi-32gb-space-gray/4907703.p?skuId=4907703

They are really making it tough to not go to the dark side for a tablet...

I am not wanting to go to a Samsung tablet... Something about the UI and bloatware...

Plus the Samsung tablet tab a 10.1" with only 16gb isn't much cheaper, $299...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-16gb-black/5364800.p?skuId=5364800

I really like my Nvidia Shield tablet(actually 2 of them b/c of a battery recall). Mine have a stylus,not sure on the new ones, expandable memory and nividia is very good about updates. I even ended up buying the wireless remote,looks like an Xbox remote to me, and hooking it up to the TV through the mini HDMI port and watching sling TV and just using the tab in general.

Just an option to think about as everyone has their own needs.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I have pure nexus with parrot mod on mine... But I only use it for a couple of games and YouTube kids. Works ok,. But it's still just sprinkles on the molasses.

You can get a shield k1 for $200 new.. but no cables or chargers included.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Adam you around?  Still working for Apple?  Any deals?

I really hate to say this but with our son getting into the apple stuff at school and eventually having an ipad from the school system and then a macbook I am thinking of leaning that way now to learn ios instead of having my son show me up...

I am about fed up with windows computers for home use as well as this one has the stupid updates all the stinking time and that is annoying having to wait on updates...  I have never seen an os update like windows does.  That is why I used linux for the longest and only have windblows now as the wife I couldn't fully sway to the linux side...  

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate the input.  I will still be looking for more input...  Haven't pulled the plug yet.