Sign in to follow this  
dBuster

iPad customization without jailbreak

Okay so I took the dive and now have a brand new iPad tablet.

Any iPad or iPhone users here that can tell me how to get a clutter free home screen? I am putting apps into folders but that seems excessive.

Is there really no way to customize this thing like you can an Android with a pretty much blank home screen?

Oh and is there a way to decrease the spacing of the icons?

^^ Thats my #1 dislike about iOS. No app drawer, they HAVE to be on a screen or in a folder...on a screen.

No, there is no "clutter free" like with android, you have to have crap on every screen. 

IDK about the spacing, but i dont think so.

^^ Thats my #1 dislike about iOS. No app drawer, they HAVE to be on a screen or in a folder...on a screen.

No, there is no "clutter free" like with android, you have to have crap on every screen. 

IDK about the spacing, but i dont think so.

I agree. About the best you can do I think is put what you want on the main home screen and move everything else to folders on the 2nd screen

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you mean putting apps where you want them - no. They go top-to-bottom left-to-right - no other option

Like this; you can't do thiscdda4dbfd75e15da14530d281f4334e6.jpg

If you mean putting apps where you want them - no. They go top-to-bottom left-to-right - no other option

But if you fill it enough to have 2 screens then you can move stuff to 2nd screen and open up the first screen a little. Still top-to-bottom, left-to-right like you said but at least opens it up a little if you want.

I have begun making the folders and grouping, pure silliness if you ask me.

Anyone know how to go back other than constantly having to go home? Should every app have a means to go back and I am not seeing it yet?

Also some games I notice with ios do not have an exit game whereas their Android equivalent does have an exit game.

I must say battery life so far is amazing! Spent 2.5 hours on it last night and left it off the charger overnight and I still had 98% charge left! Will be interesting when I am done getting it set up fully what battery life we get.

Yeah the battery usage during sleep is great on those. And your experience with 'back' and 'exit' line up pretty much spot on with how I would describe them. Many apps leave much to be desired in those respects.

The back button is usually in the apps at the top left of the screen.

If there is no back button, then home is your only option.