Got to see a galaxy s8 yesterday while I was switching to big red. One of the techs had it for testing. Sweet looking device. Didn't get to play with it tho. Anyone plan to get one?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Locked bootloader plus rumors of carriers installing spyware on android phones would kill this for me.

Yes I know that USCC may not have those plans but the possibility will always be there since it's no longer illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered a S8+ on the 2nd. Can't wait for it to get here. My first pre-order...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Just got the S8 plus. Hoping to find root for it now.
Can't seem to find the OEM unlock option.
Model is SM-G955U.
C.f. autoroot says it works but I haven't had any luck. Believe it's because I can't find OEM unlock option.
Locked boatloads?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Most likely since the S7 variants had locked bootloaders. Seems to be Sammy's new thing. It took a leaked boot image for root to be achieved on those. Someone, somehow will figure it out...hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I usually wait til devices are out of warranty to root them. Hopefully they'll figure out the s8 in the next year or so.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw one of those new s8's yesterday. The first thing that came to mind, Apple clone... Narrow bodied device like iPhones, fingerprint reader like iPhone, on and on..

Not impressed.

Ewwwwww! On the bottom? That's gross

I'd rather have e it on the bottom,. It's cleaner when both cables are at the same end.

I agree I always had a hard time dealing with it when I would plow for hours on end and have to charge it from the bottom but the headphone jacks on top can't set the stupid thing anywhere without it being in the way

I disagree -- I like the jack on top. You can put it in your pocket normally with headphones attached, it fits my car dock setup perfectly, and if I'm hardwired to a system, I've wrangled all the cables neatly behind the table/desk/nightstand so the 3.5mm cable is coming from behind the furniture so the phone faces you when it's plugged in and laying on the table.

But alas! It's the age-old battle that has gotten us where we are today. We keep bickering and arguing tooth and nail about such important things as this and what do we get? OEMs dropping the 3.5mm jack completely!

I actually prefer Chromecast audio and Bluetooth myself. It's WAY cleaner looking than a cable. Plus you have mobility, you can stash your phone in your pocket and go about your business without having to baby it because it's attached to something.

Potato, potato I reckon. /rant

i put my phone into my pocket upside down - really. The charging port is at the top so when i put it out its right side up.

Thats me tho, and i feel like as long as both are on the same side, thats a lot easier to manage than opposite sides (while charging and using 3.5)