Sign in to follow this  
VIthe3rd

New update today! EDIT: NOUGAT IS HERE!!!!

There is a new update today! It is over a gig download. 1514.75MB Could it be Nougat?

UPDATING NOW!

Edited by VIthe3rd

It is Nougat, I updated my phone last night. So far the update is fine, there's several new features.

Think it's worth going back on my root to upgrade to it?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

The main consideration here is if/when root will be attainable again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There are methods, just not stable ones. Personally, I'm staying on MM until there's something more reliable.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I can't seem to update. I try manually on the phone and it says I'm up to date.
I tried Samsung Kies but apparently that doesn't even work anymore, said my S7 wasn't compatible.
So then I tried Smart Switch and that won't even tell me if there is an update, even though videos showed otherwise.
Getting roadblocked at every intersection.

I uploaded the stock firmware here, download that and flash it in Odin.

It will likely reset the phone but you'd be updated.

I downloaded the 7.0 update from SamMobile last night.
Flashed it via Odin and the phone was stuck in a boot loop for 12 hours, couldn't even power it down.
I tried it 3 different times, all resulted in a boot loop.
So I brought it into US Cellular today and they couldn't get it to flash 6.0.
Came home and downloaded 6.0 myself and am about to flash it to hopefully have a phone again. Not sure if I want to try 7.0 again.

I don't see what I did wrong. Extracted the zip and tried to flash the AP file in the AP slot of Odin.

I downloaded the 7.0 update from SamMobile last night.
Flashed it via Odin and the phone was stuck in a boot loop for 12 hours, couldn't even power it down.
I tried it 3 different times, all resulted in a boot loop.
So I brought it into US Cellular today and they couldn't get it to flash 6.0.
Came home and downloaded 6.0 myself and am about to flash it to hopefully have a phone again. Not sure if I want to try 7.0 again.

I don't see what I did wrong. Extracted the zip and tried to flash the AP file in the AP slot of Odin.

Can you link to the sammobile file you downloaded?

All is well. I did some more looking and realized that I was at fault for how I flashed the software.
I separated the files and just flashed the AP file where the correct was to flash all four of them.
7.0 is up and running.

Ever since i updated to 7.0, having bluetooth connectivity issues with car.  Initially, it'll connect and about two minutes later, the radio bluetooth goes off.  Phone still shows connected.  Only way to reset car is to turn off the car.

Just to ensure it wasn't my car, connected the wife's LG4, and connection was stable. 

I've even gone as far as resetting my s7 to factory.  About ready to take it in and have us Cellular reset it back to 6.0 as I love my bluetooth and never had issues until now. 

There are a lot of articles about this type of issues with Nougat, so why did USCC let this one slip by?

Edited by mrlee
Spelling correct

I would imagine that it probably wasn't uscc, but I don't know. You can downgrade with Odin we have the images on this site rather than taking it to US Cellular and I doubt they would even be able to do that

Mrlee, try manually updating play services from apkmirror.Com, Google fixed some of the Bluetooth issues through a play services update, it may not have been pushed to your device yet. You'll need to enable installation from unknown locations, but i trust that site