Does anyone know if USC is knowingly activating the Pixel? My wifes' has developed the microphone issue and I have to send it in for exchange. Just wondering if I still need to call it a N5X when we get the replacement.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was chatting with a rep online yesterday and they said they are not able to activate Pixels. However, telling them it's a 5X will still work and some folks have had the stores do it as well. I ended my chat by telling them to get with the g** d*** program like everyone else! :)

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Yeah no kidding.  I've been using the Pixel with absolutely no problem since October.  Not sure what the hold up is.  Well I'll just massage the truth again I guess.

Side Note...Your Penguins cleaned the Blue Jackets clock!  Glad to see Torts get creamed.  I'm a Canucks fan and his 1 year coaching debacle in Vancouver turned the team downhill and they never recovered.

Thanks man! They looked good and even when they looked bad in game 4, they still put up 4. Next round will be the real test; Caps or Leafs, either will be tough. BTW: Canucks, coolest team name left in hockey, unless the Nordiques return. 🏒

Wow, still?

I wonder if the agent just didn't know - and said no, or if they're still actually not doing it.

Either way is stupid, and I fully condone lying about it, it's stupid that they have to "allow it". In their system it just says "Customer OE" - doesn't say the phone no matter what it is - if the Pixel isn't on that list it might just break their heads and they say no because their stupid list is outdated by 6 months.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So get this:

I got a N6P last week. I called in to activate, and the lady acted like I'd called in a bomb threat. I hung up and called back.

Mark was very pleased that I knew what both an IMEI and SIM number were, and that I'd written them down and powered off both devices. (I got extra points for knowing how to *228!)

But he had a very hard time. I waited on hold for ~30 seconds and this all took nearly an hour.

Instead of lying and calling it a Nexus 6 like I had considered, I believed that they had all the kinks worked out. But Mark could not activate it as a Huawei Nexus 6P. But good news: there's a Google Nexus 6P code!

"Just a couple more minutes, the system is slow today," he said, and we both had a good laugh about how "it was a day that ends with "Y".

I told him about the 5X trick, and after a few minutes of that awkward phone support silence he decided to buck the system and try my idea.

It didn't work. I told him about the Moto Nexus 6 trick. Still nothing.

At this point the guy is determined to complete this task. He tried a few other phone models while I sat on hold for a few more minutes.

When he came back on the line, he said he'd finally gotten a model code to work and that my phone was on the network, it's time to boot up and *228.

USCC's completely incompetent system believes that my brand new Nexus 6P is actually a Galaxy S4, and wouldn't let me on their top of the line network that seems to be stuck in 2009 . FFS.

I'm switching to Fi next week, and I recommend it highly. Fi is some for real next gen stuff.

Holy heck. Mine was activated in 5 minutes by someone from b here that works for uscc. We did it over Hangouts.

Holy heck. Mine was activated in 5 minutes by someone from b here that works for uscc. We did it over Hangouts.

Same here, local us cell store did it (non corporate)

That's why I'm ordering a pixel and just getting away from USCC altogether. Fi, here I come!

Thanks man! They looked good and even when they looked bad in game 4, they still put up 4. Next round will be the real test; Caps or Leafs, either will be tough. BTW: Canucks, coolest team name left in hockey, unless the Nordiques return. 🏒

Ahh the Nordiques. Haven't heard them referenced for awhile!

Wish I could try out Fi but no go with my area code.

It works in any area. You just have to activate in a tmo area I thought? Once it's activated it's golden.

Thats correct, as long as youre in an LTE area of Tmo coverage when you activate it initially, you should be fine.

things is you have to have it shipped to a zip code with LTE coverage, if you are far enough from one that activation would be a pain, shipping it to one would be, too.

Thats correct, as long as youre in an LTE area of Tmo coverage when you activate it initially, you should be fine.

things is you have to have it shipped to a zip code with LTE coverage, if you are far enough from one that activation would be a pain, shipping it to one would be, too.

I tried lying about my address but when I entered my current mobile number the process stopped.

On a side note, my wife's new pixel just showed up. Friday I determined that Best Buy wouldn't stand behind it so I called Google. They said they would help me out but since I didn't buy it from the Google Store I would have to mail it in, they'd make sure it was a legitimate pixel then mail the new one. I didn't drop it at USPS till Monday and it shows this one shipped Monday! I am very impressed! Now to call in and see what happens.

The T-Mobile service is horrible at my house. I can only connect to edge and mine activated fine. Their map however shows me having lte coverage.