iR1O

*STOCK FIRMWARE*

Hey guys, please help. So I tried rooting my s8+ and I messed up somewhere. I followed https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/development/root-g955u-g955u1-snapdragon-sampwnd-t3658911 literally step by step and somehow I ended up bootlooping into the US Cellular screen and then after that it went into "installing system update" followed by "no command" followed by "error!" I'm trying to just reinstall stock firmware at this point and I don't know if I have the right odin or....? I've got odin 3.13 right now, am I not putting all the right things in all the right places? Gosh, I know I'm a goof but please help.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:07 PM, slw0363 said:

wow these boards really are dead haha

Yes they are. Ever since the easy way of rooting and running modded roms went the way of the dinosaur there has not been much of a demand for CDMA modding.

And I did a quick read through on the xda root link. Did you read the Return to stock instructions?

22 hours ago, VIthe3rd said:

Yes they are. Ever since the easy way of rooting and running modded roms went the way of the dinosaur there has not been much of a demand for CDMA modding.

And I did a quick read through on the xda root link. Did you read the Return to stock instructions?

Yeah I did, including trying three different versions of odin (3.13, 3.12 (comsy), and 3.12.7) I even try just doing BL only and it fails it every time. I also tried flashing BL for the root files in all three versions of odin and it still fails me.

Also @VIthe3rd I'm really glad you're here, man. I was beginning to think like all of these boards were just abandoned and that I just bricked my s8 lol I mean I might still have bricked it maybe because nothing is working except for the custom rom os screen and the downloading screen but at least there's someone here to make fun of me for it haha

Okay y'all. I fixed it. After a lot of research and time I ended up going to sammobile for the latest oreo firmware for US Cellular s8+ and it took literally like 5 hours to download because I got the free account (even with 70mbps download speed) and everything worked just fine. If you had problems with soft locking your s8+ I'm going to help you out a little:

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8-plus/SM-G955U/USC/download/G955USQS3CRE2/221230/ you can find a link to download the correct odin (3.13.1) and the instructions of how to correctly flash on the right side of that page as well.

And like I said it's going to take FOREVER to download if you don't want to pay extra.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:10 PM, slw0363 said:

Okay y'all. I fixed it. After a lot of research and time I ended up going to sammobile for the latest oreo firmware for US Cellular s8+ and it took literally like 5 hours to download because I got the free account (even with 70mbps download speed) and everything worked just fine. If you had problems with soft locking your s8+ I'm going to help you out a little:

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8-plus/SM-G955U/USC/download/G955USQS3CRE2/221230/ you can find a link to download the correct odin (3.13.1) and the instructions of how to correctly flash on the right side of that page as well.

And like I said it's going to take FOREVER to download if you don't want to pay extra.

Thanks for sharing what you found. Even though the forums are slow nowadays your little contribution may help someone that is searching for an answer.