Their website says only the iPhone 7 variants are capable.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

It's so BS that they prioritize certain devices when nearly all of them are VoLTE capable.

Just my initial thought. Stupid, and somewhat pointless to launch something when you weren't DONE MAKING IT WORK.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Once the pixel 2 comes out, I'm going to Fi. We have 4 other lines that can be cancelled within the year, and they will follow suit. Besides, the kids (actually adults with good jobs now) can go on their own plans. I wish they'd just sellout to Sprint and get it over with.

From my initial findings, having used VoLTE, didnt sound any different (comparing it to VZWs HD Voice) - and using data and voice at the same time isnt something I really ever try to do (or when i do its like once a year) so... VoLTE, to me, seems somewhat of a no-value gimmick. as of right now.

From my initial findings, having used VoLTE, didnt sound any different (comparing it to VZWs HD Voice) - and using data and voice at the same time isnt something I really ever try to do (or when i do its like once a year) so... VoLTE, to me, seems somewhat of a no-value gimmick. as of right now.

My wife and I tried Verizon for a month, and noticed a huge difference in voice quality. It literally sounded like the other person was sitting right next to you in a very quiet room!

Maybe the phones you were using were not up to snuff?

That's messed up that they basically make it so that any new feature worth having with them you have to have an iPhone... 

My wife and I tried Verizon for a month, and noticed a huge difference in voice quality. It literally sounded like the other person was sitting right next to you in a very quiet room!

Maybe the phones you were using were not up to snuff?

I mean with USCC the VoLTE was nothing like it was with VZW. HD Voice was amazing - and on USCCs VoLTE I didn't notice any difference in call quality or sound improvement.

I mean with USCC the VoLTE was nothing like it was with VZW. HD Voice was amazing - and on USCCs VoLTE I didn't notice any difference in call quality or sound improvement.

Gottcha!

Volte is not HD voice. Hd voice is a high bitrate codec and requires both parties be compatible to work. Hd voice requires volte capability. Standard volte sounds just like any other call but is routed via LTE enabling you to also use data simultaneously.

Right, which I mostly expected, but with everyone else (except Sprint) having a HD Voice feature I KINDA hopes uscc did that same.

That's more than anything what I had hoped for.

Right, which I mostly expected, but with everyone else (except Sprint) having a HD Voice feature I KINDA hopes uscc did that same.

That's more than anything what I had hoped for.

They do... But only for iPhone and I think S7 users...

Sprint has HD voice also...

I have used an iPhone 6S+ and an S7 on USCC just in the past week, it was no different than using any other phone.

I didn't know Sprint had something like hd voice, but uscc sure doesn't.

That was just this past weekend. If they had it they would have announced it.

Honestly, Wifi calling/texting would help a LOT more than VOTLE lol. 

At least if it works you can talk and surf though. 

Edited by Zenzr

I have used an iPhone 6S+ and an S7 on USCC just in the past week, it was no different than using any other phone.

I didn't know Sprint had something like hd voice, but uscc sure doesn't.

That was just this past weekend. If they had it they would have announced it.

https://m.uscellular.com/uscellular/4g/enhanced-calling-hd-voice-data/

Hmm. Could be that the other party didn't have one of these compatible devices - which idk so it could be.
I can test a S7 to iPhone 6S tomorrow.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:33 PM, iR1O said:

VoLTE is just meant to get people off of the CDMA network so that it can be refarmed for LTE, I've tested CDMA and VoLTE on LG U+ in South Korea and the difference in quality was negligible. USCC's LTE network doesn't use device ID validation like their CDMA network does, so it's currently possible to use LTE/GSM devices on USCC as data only devices, but since USCC supports VoLTE you should have full voice support on USCC now. I've personally confirmed that the AT&T Galaxy S6 Active works on USCC as a data only device with a U.S. Cellular 4G LTE SIM card inserted, if anyone wants to confirm a LTE/WCDMA device supports VoLTE on USCC, be my guest. You just need a device that supports LTE band 5/12. I believe the reason it says only iPhone 7 is supported is due to manufacturer restrictions, the OEM has to enable VoLTE on the device for it to work. That being said the iPhone 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+, and SE all support VoLTE, so maybe the site is incorrect. VoLTE implementation also only requires tower software upgrades, not hardware as far as I know.

Edited by SBJ1998

Their website specifically States "HD Calling", as long as both parties have it and are in a coverage area. I am in a coverage area and the S7 Edge is now listed as a compatible phone, but I don't have the option in my settings. I'm on straight stock nougat for once too.

I imagine it's not a setting (I'm assuming idk) but just comes with the VoLTE.

I'm eager to try it out now but still somewhat baffled as to their device selection in this matter. Pretty BS they don't let everyone with a capable device have it. The S6 is perfect capable, so are all Nexus models, and the G4S/5/6 are all capable.

There website tells you how to turn it on and it says it's a switch in the connections settings under mobile networks. I might try a *228.

Their website specifically States "HD Calling", as long as both parties have it and are in a coverage area. I am in a coverage area and the S7 Edge is now listed as a compatible phone, but I don't have the option in my settings. I'm on straight stock nougat for once too.

To activate HD Voice on your Android device:

Go to Settings

Tap Connections

Tap Mobile Networks

Tap the Enhanced Calling slider to On

You've successfully added HD Voice.

Try a *228 and reboot? see if maybe just needs a kick?

These are the only options available on my S7 Edge nougat.90233440667e60aeb5e64e29849269d0.jpg

I did the *228 last night and it didn't change anything. I just installed the lasted update on Thursday as well. It was mainly security related. I was hoping it was for the VoLTE, but no dice.